Using Earphones and speakers - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-11-2013, 10:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have a Samsung HL67A750 TV and Pioneer VSX-521 AVR. I have lost a lot of the high frequencies in my hearing and things like bells and such I cant hear but the wife can. So I bought some Turtle XP500 wireless surround sound headphones. They have a built in equalizer and with them I can hear everything. The problem is If I use the headphone jack on the AVR it kills the speakers. Im running everything through HDMI to my Tv, but the digital audio on the TV is off unless Im using the TV on a TV channel.

What I want tis to be able to hear the sound through the headphones without killing the speakers. Right now I have the Headphone transmitter hooked up to the front speaker outputs, not the best solution for many reasons. Does anybody have a way to get the audio through the headphones and speakers at the same time? I would like to be able to use the surround sound in the headphones.

The only way I know of is to open the receiver and wire the headphone jack to not disconnect the speakers when a plug is inserted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-12-2013, 03:52 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1018 Post(s)
Liked: 1505
As the AVR has no optical or digital coax outputs, one option would be to connect your HDMI sources to an HDMI switch that includes an optical audio output ...

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?seq=1&format=2&p_id=8146&CAWELAID=1329456221&catargetid=320013720000010710&cadevice=c&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CPbWjOPlqbgCFbNj7AodQVkACw

---------------------------------
"JD" –
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Mon - Fri: 10am – 10pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Parasound
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 3 Old 07-12-2013, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
After I sent this I thought about that and found this one. About 1/2 the price of the other.
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10114&cs_id=1011412&p_id=10251&seq=1&format=1#largeimage
Now I have to add another $50 item. I miss the good old days when Amps had a preamp out. I could have just put one of the 3 equlizers I have in between the pre and final amp.
Thnaks
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page