Output concerns... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 07-13-2013, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
***moved to the AVR Denon thread**** sorry about misplacing post

I have an AVR 1712. I recently purchased 2x Polk Audio T600.

I have it all wired up, I notice that the right front output is slightly (10-20%) is lower compared to the left front side.

I tried 2 different pairs of wires (16 gauge) as its in a 10x10 room. And i am getting the same results.

I switch the speaker that were connected to the right front output with the left and viva versa and at that point the other speaker was slightly lower in output.

So I am basically to the point where I feel it is not the speakers as they put out good sound when switched? I guess I could hook them up to the surround port and put on multi-channel stereo setting to see if the surround output equal sound to each speakers.Is there anyway I can guarantee it is not the speakers? I just purchased them on a crazy good deal and do not want to loose them.

I have an inkling it is the output from the receiver. Could it be the connector piece? Or is there a speaker balance setting or anything of that nature in the Receiver?

Can anyone provide some troubleshooting advice?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-13-2013, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 115
It is coz of room acoustics. Every room has peaks and nulls. Nothing to worry about. Buy an SPL meter and level match all your speakers. I also have the same thing in my room. My right main speaker sounds louder compared to the left one. But I know I have a pressure vessel gain in that area. So, I lower the right main by 1.5dB to level match with the rest of the speakers.

Also, on a side note.....your room's dimensions 10'x10' raises eyebrows. How high is the roof??

History is written by those who have hanged heroes ...

The best EQ is no EQ ...

Alpine SWR-1223D Slot Ported HT Sub

Dual Dayton RSS390HO-4 Reference 15 Build For HT

Main System: Klipsch RF-82 II, Klipsch RC-62 II, RS-52 II, Onkyo 5010, Rythmik FV15HP, PSB S300
post #3 of 5 Old 07-13-2013, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart123 View Post

It is coz of room acoustics. Every room has peaks and nulls. Nothing to worry about. Buy an SPL meter and level match all your speakers. I also have the same thing in my room. My right main speaker sounds louder compared to the left one. But I know I have a pressure vessel gain in that area. So, I lower the right main by 1.5dB to level match with the rest of the speakers.

Also, on a side note.....your room's dimensions 10'x10' raises eyebrows. How high is the roof??

I might be off on the 10x10, but 10x10 is the area i use my system in and the speakers are placed at about 10 feet apart from each other from side to side, and about 12" feet from front to surround. The room itself is probably 15x25. The roof is standard 8 feet I believe.
post #4 of 5 Old 07-13-2013, 04:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 115
No issues then. It's just your room acoustics kicking in. Run audyssey and check your levels with an SPL meter. No harm in bumping up or down speaker levels after running audyssey. Audyssey IMO is not the definitive point but rather a starting point if you like to further tweak your system.

History is written by those who have hanged heroes ...

The best EQ is no EQ ...

Alpine SWR-1223D Slot Ported HT Sub

Dual Dayton RSS390HO-4 Reference 15 Build For HT

Main System: Klipsch RF-82 II, Klipsch RC-62 II, RS-52 II, Onkyo 5010, Rythmik FV15HP, PSB S300
post #5 of 5 Old 07-14-2013, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart123 View Post

No issues then. It's just your room acoustics kicking in. Run audyssey and check your levels with an SPL meter. No harm in bumping up or down speaker levels after running audyssey. Audyssey IMO is not the definitive point but rather a starting point if you like to further tweak your system.

I don't think I will use an SPL. I am not an audiophile by any means, but do love good sound. And I don't even know what it is.
But the audyseey helped, and then I fine tweeked it some more and now it sounds good.
Thanks
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page