VSX-821-K: Voices are too low. How to turn up center and turn down fronts? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 07-13-2013, 10:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I can not seem to find anything on the web regarding how to independently change the volume of my center channel, as well as my front left/right channels. I am already hard of hearing when it comes to voices and surrounding sounds at the same time, so that does not help at all. I am using a Boxee Box as my player.

Is it possible to change the volume levels on each speaker with the VSX-821-K? I thought I had come close one time, however it either did not do anything, or did not make a difference. Not sure how I did it, nor what I did to get there.

If I can not find any help, I just may purchase a pair of headphones. I certainly hope I do not have to resort to that.

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-13-2013, 11:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I assume that you've already run the automatic MCACC calibration to set channel levels, EQ, etc. You can adjust the volume level of individual channels after this by going into the 821's manual speaker setup ("Manual SP Setup") menu and selecting the Channel Level option.

You may also wish to experiment with the MIDNIGHT and DRC settings. See page 32 of your manual.
post #3 of 5 Old 07-14-2013, 12:56 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for your suggestion. No, I had not calibrated the MCACC due to I am not looking into superior sound (I live in an apartment). However, if doing so will allow me to set up channel options, I'll certainly be doing so tomorrow morning. Thanks for your help!

post #4 of 5 Old 07-14-2013, 02:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 35
You should be able to adjust the channel levels even without first running MCACC.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-15-2013, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skriefal View Post

You should be able to adjust the channel levels even without first running MCACC.

Thank you for your reply. I have yet found out how to do so w/o using the MCACC. I also have yet been able to use the MCACC. I'll try this weekend...

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Vsx 821 K 5 1 Home Theater Receiver Glossy Black

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page