New Pioneer VSK 822k ... Future shop gave me wrong remote. Not all buttons work - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 07-15-2013, 05:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys, super confused... I bought a open box special at future shop and It was missing remote. they gave me what looks like the same remote but probably from a different unit. Some of the buttons work on the remote, like power, switching inputs, volume .. but the receiver button for one doesn't work so I cant get into the setup menus. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-15-2013, 09:10 PM

Liked: 12
buy the correct remote?

Was it listed as not coming with a remote ? if so then sell what they provided you, and use the profits to go towards the correct remote.
If it was listed with remote, contact future shop and advise them of the issue.

I had a similar issue when i had to get my amplifier fixed, the store loaned me an amplifier but i needed a remote to get into the options to enable the subwoofer output. they had one from a similar series so i borrowed this off them until the time as such when i got my amplifier back.
post #3 of 7 Old 07-15-2013, 09:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Tell Future Shop to order U the correct remote control, the model is still current and available from Pioneer. If they refuse just return the unit. Also if U decide to keep it be sure to load in the new firmware as well or have their Geek Squad do it.... If U didn't get an Operation Guide, here is the link for a PDF download..

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Home/VSX-822-K_OperatingInstructions062612.pdf

Just my $0.02... 👍😉
post #4 of 7 Old 07-16-2013, 02:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 36
It's premature to conclude the remote is the 'wrong' one esp. if as you say it looks like the same (there's a diagram in the manual).

Even if it is, it is only a generic one (for Pioneer) but not tied to this particular model. I'll be surprised if the same brand's remote doesn't work across the whole crop. I have several players from different brands (including 3 Pioneer from different years) and their non-identical remotes all work within the same brand.

Then you're supposed to press RECEIVER followed by HOME MENU.

Sometimes remote keys need repeated firm pressing to wake them up. How about changing the batteries? Try aiming it closer and directly.

If it really doesn't work, maybe the remote or the receiver itself is faulty. You never know what abuse they were subject to previously. The only way to find out is to bring both back to FS and test them on different units.

EDIT. minor typo corrections

Audiosceptics accept audio trials using 25 people. A recent Oxford study with over 353,000 patient records from 639 separate clinical trials shows for every 1,000 people taking diclofenac or ibuprofen there would be 3 additional heart attacks, 4 more cases of heart failure and 1 death every year.

post #5 of 7 Old 07-16-2013, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Thats why I posted the link to the Operation Manual so he can compare to the remote he was given..
Regarding compatibility between Pioneer AVRs, yes & no..
As the models progress to newer ones, the remote control codes for the latest features are not found..
He needs to validate what remote controller he has, hopefully it is the correct one then he should read the Operation Guide for more details of operation..

Just my $0.02... 👍😉
post #6 of 7 Old 07-17-2013, 08:46 AM

Liked: 12
Until I carefully read the downloaded manual for my 822 I was having problems using my remote, if the remote given to the OP looks the same as the original and some of the buttons work I'd have to guess he's got the right remote. I picked up my 822K at a closeout sale a couple of months ago and it suits my needs just fine. Reading the manual and with a little trial and error (an inexpensive sound meter worked wonders with sp balance) the 822K is fairly easy to calibrate and navigate.
post #7 of 7 Old 07-22-2013, 10:44 AM

Liked: 10
Strangely enough I have exactly the same issue. Last week I bought an open box special of the VSX-822-K at BestBuy in Montreal and it came with the wrong remote. After searching forever for the "Network" button, so I could apply the firmware upgrade, I realized they had included the remote for the VSX-522-K which doesn't have this button. I will be returning to BestBuy this week to see what they can do. Good luck.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page