"Refurbishing" NAD 7130, what to look for in diagnosing electrical issues? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 07-16-2013, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm hoping to get some direction on how to go about diagnosing and, if possible (or worth it), repairing my NAD 7130 Stereo Receiver.

I'm comfortable desoldering and resoldering chips onto PCB's, and willing to attempt anything else that's reasonable and I would have tools to do so.

So, onto the problem. I get occasional crackling, mainly from left channel I believe, and with my last set of speakers I used to get the left channel to just drop out. Usually very quickly turning the volume up then down would bring it back to life. I don't think it does it on the right, and I don't think switching from the A terminals to the B terminals fixes it either. I haven't been using it much of recent, so it hasn't been happening recently, but I just received my Cambridge S30's in the mail today and am super stoked on them so there is definitely a lot of play time in my future. The S30's have already crackled a bit on me, and I definitely don't want to ruin them or have my sound quality compromised by an amp on it's way out.

Anyways, where can I start probing inside to find what's starting to fail? Any guesses as to what it'd be, or do you guys need more information from me?

I like the sound of this Receiver vs the Harmon/Kardon 330c I also have, but I have yet to test the HK with the S30's and only compared on my old Technics by Panasonic. It also would need a bit more visual restoration if I were to use it.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page