Upgrade from Yamaha Rx-V1400 to new receiver, possible Denon AVR-3313ci - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-18-2013, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello All,

My current home theater consists of:
- A Yamaha RX-V1400.
- Boston Acoustic VR-M60's (Fronts), VR-MC (Center), VR-MX's (Rears).
- SVS 25-31 PC Plus Subwoofer.
- Ran 4 sets speakers in 4 rooms of the house off of zone 2 of the receiver (unable to changes to different inputs though).

I’m looking to upgrade my system in a few areas and I’ll outline them below and ask for your opinions, thoughts, suggestions.

Receiver
My Yamaha RX-V1400 is still working like a charm, but it has no HDMI connections and I’d really like to get air play / networking functionality to allow me to play music from the internet, my PC and my iphone and ipad. It’s looking like I’ll be staying at 5.1 and not adding an additional two back speakers and I’m also doing a bit of whole house audio via an HTD setup so won’t necessarily need the zone 2 or 3 option to run those this time around. Because of good fortune with my RX-V1400, I was looking at Yamaha’s latest offerings but also go pointed in the direction of a Denon AVR-3313ci which is now down to $800 from $1200. $800 is about the max I can spend on a receiver so I want to spend it wisely. It seemed like price to price, the Denon would be the way to go. Thoughts on my receiver situation? After seeing some threads a saw a few people feeling the Denon was not as powerful as they like but I don't know how that power would compare in the real world to my Yamaha RX-V1400.

Speakers
I love my Boston Acoustics speakers and powered SVS sub and would like to keep all of it. But, there is a bit of a tug of war going on with my wife who wants me to get rid of the rear VR-MX’s and replace them with something ceiling mounted in our 12 foot ceilings (based on the new family room she’s not keen on the VR-MX’s sitting on the stands like they currently do). She’s said get whatever rears you want for the ceiling as replacements, but I hate to pay for a replacement for something that works and I like. It might be inevitable though. So, any suggestions on what in-ceiling speakers would make good rears and match up with the rest of my Boston Acoustics speakers?

Any comments suggestions or otherwise to the above would be greatly appreciated. Particularly about receiver selection.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-16-2013, 11:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Did you ever replace your receiver?  I have the exact same one and was thinking of replacing it as well to get HDMI pass through.  Thank you!

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Yamaha Rx V1400 Av Receiver 6 1 Channel
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page