The **OFFICIAL** Marantz SR5008, SR6008 and SR7008 AV Receiver Owner's Thread - Page 103 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3061 of 3077 Old 10-21-2014, 10:43 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Dual video output: hdmi & component

I've got a BD player hooked up to the 7008 via HDMI. I have a TV hooked up via hdmi and a PJ via component. On the 7008 under Video/HDMI Setup> Video Output I have Auto(Dual) selected, but seeing video only on TV via HDMI. Under setup menu Video> Component Video Out> Component> Main Zone is selected also.

Am I missing a step somewhere to see video output on both displays?

---------------------------------------------------------------
for sale/trade: BNIB LG OLED Curved TV 55EA9800 ~Best Black Levels Ever~
ht: LCR JTR 212HT~Surr. Four JTR 8LP~Hi/Wi Four Elemental Designs Cinema 6 eD6c~Subs Two JTR Orbit Shifter LFU~AV Marantz SR7008
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3062 of 3077 Old 10-22-2014, 03:17 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1481 Post(s)
Liked: 1617
^^
In order to have component video output, you must also have component video input.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 
Daily 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3063 of 3077 Old 10-22-2014, 11:43 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
^^
In order to have component video output, you must also have component video input.
Got it...thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------
for sale/trade: BNIB LG OLED Curved TV 55EA9800 ~Best Black Levels Ever~
ht: LCR JTR 212HT~Surr. Four JTR 8LP~Hi/Wi Four Elemental Designs Cinema 6 eD6c~Subs Two JTR Orbit Shifter LFU~AV Marantz SR7008
post #3064 of 3077 Old 10-28-2014, 11:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I just bought the SR6008 and got everything hooked up and set up. Everything is working properly except for one very annoying problem:

I have an LG Blu-Ray player plugged into the Blu-Ray HDMI input on the SR6008. When I choose Blu-Ray and the image from the LG Blu-Ray player appears on my TV (an LG TV that is connected via the HDMI monitor output on the SR6008), the image disappears every 10 to 20 seconds with the screen instead going black for a few seconds, then the image from the Blu-Ray player appears again. This continues to occur until a Blu-Ray movie actually starts playing or I start streaming a movie on Netflix (my Blu-Ray player is connected via Ethernet to my network and provides Netflix as an option when the Blu-Ray main screen appears on my tv). And because the screen continues to periodically go black for a few seconds while I'm trying to navigate movie and Netflix menu screens, it's difficult to properly navigate the screens when I can't see them sometimes for a few seconds (while the screen is black). It's kind of like having an uncontrollable screen saver.

Anyone else had this problem, know the cause and/or have a solution? I've tried using three different HDMI cables, but still had the same problem of intermittent black screen until a movie actually starts running.
post #3065 of 3077 Old 10-28-2014, 11:38 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimedog1 View Post
I just bought the SR6008 and got everything hooked up and set up. Everything is working properly except for one very annoying problem:

I have an LG Blu-Ray player plugged into the Blu-Ray HDMI input on the SR6008. When I choose Blu-Ray and the image from the LG Blu-Ray player appears on my TV (an LG TV that is connected via the HDMI monitor output on the SR6008), the image disappears every 10 to 20 seconds with the screen instead going black for a few seconds, then the image from the Blu-Ray player appears again. This continues to occur until a Blu-Ray movie actually starts playing or I start streaming a movie on Netflix (my Blu-Ray player is connected via Ethernet to my network and provides Netflix as an option when the Blu-Ray main screen appears on my tv). And because the screen continues to periodically go black for a few seconds while I'm trying to navigate movie and Netflix menu screens, it's difficult to properly navigate the screens when I can't see them sometimes for a few seconds (while the screen is black). It's kind of like having an uncontrollable screen saver.

Anyone else had this problem, know the cause and/or have a solution? I've tried using three different HDMI cables, but still had the same problem of intermittent black screen until a movie actually starts running.
Have you tried any other HDMI input on the receiver and tested the results?

Video: Samsung 55" UN55F8000 240Hz 3D LED TV -- Sony BDP-S790 Blu-Ray Player -- Sony PS3 -- Audioquest Carbon HDMI Cables

Audio: Marantz SR7008 AVR -- FR+FL: Bowers & Wilkins CM6GB S2 -- C: Bowers & Wilkins CMC2GB S2 -- SR+SL: Sony SS-U20 -- S: Bowers & Wilkins ASW608 -- Pioneer PL-550 Turntable -- Audio Technica AT440mla Cartridge
post #3066 of 3077 Old 10-28-2014, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanquiuxo View Post
Have you tried any other HDMI input on the receiver and tested the results?

Yes, tried a couple of other inputs and had the same problem.
post #3067 of 3077 Old 10-28-2014, 11:46 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
The only reason I could think would be the cause is if the blu ray player's resolution is changing from menu to menu (I.e. If the LG blu ray logo is being displayed in 720p and the Netflix app is 1080p), it might take some time for the receiver to process the signal once the resolution changes. Do you notice that in the corner of the screen it shows different resolutions when the menus change?

I assume you are trying to rule out a bad HDMI board but I also assume this isn't happening on other sources...

Video: Samsung 55" UN55F8000 240Hz 3D LED TV -- Sony BDP-S790 Blu-Ray Player -- Sony PS3 -- Audioquest Carbon HDMI Cables

Audio: Marantz SR7008 AVR -- FR+FL: Bowers & Wilkins CM6GB S2 -- C: Bowers & Wilkins CMC2GB S2 -- SR+SL: Sony SS-U20 -- S: Bowers & Wilkins ASW608 -- Pioneer PL-550 Turntable -- Audio Technica AT440mla Cartridge
post #3068 of 3077 Old 10-28-2014, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanquiuxo View Post
The only reason I could think would be the cause is if the blu ray player's resolution is changing from menu to menu (I.e. If the LG blu ray logo is being displayed in 720p and the Netflix app is 1080p), it might take some time for the receiver to process the signal once the resolution changes. Do you notice that in the corner of the screen it shows different resolutions when the menus change?

I assume you are trying to rule out a bad HDMI board but I also assume this isn't happening on other sources...
The screen going to black for a few seconds every 10 to 20 seconds is occurring while the original Blu-Ray menu screen is being displayed, not while trying to change menus. And you are correct that this is not happening with other sources using the SR6008's HDMI inputs.
post #3069 of 3077 Old 10-28-2014, 12:10 PM
585-645-1006

^^
Set the Deep Color Output setting on the LG BDP to OFF.

"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
post #3070 of 3077 Old 10-28-2014, 08:26 PM

Does the Marantz SR5008 pass DSD through HDMI or does it decode it to PCM? Also how well does DVD-audio and SACD work in surround modes if I use a PM6005 as a pre-out/power amp to beef up stereo audio?

Also while I'm on a roll does the Denon AVRX3000 also encode DSD through HDMI??

Thanks
post #3071 of 3077 Old Yesterday, 01:59 AM
585-645-1006

^^
The X3000 and sister model SR6008 are the lowest 2013 D&M models that can pass DSD over HDMI. Unless you are using low impedance speakers at loud levels, the AVR should provide sufficient power for your 2CH listening.

post #3072 of 3077 Old Yesterday, 01:49 PM

Quote:
^^
The X3000 and sister model SR6008 are the lowest 2013 D&M models that can pass DSD over HDMI. Unless you are using low impedance speakers at loud levels, the AVR should provide sufficient power for your 2CH listening.
So the SR5008 absolutely can't to it??
post #3073 of 3077 Old Yesterday, 01:55 PM

Quote:
^^
post #3074 of 3077 Old Yesterday, 05:22 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 8
This should be an easy one

Question is regarding the SR7008:

For many years I have been using TVs for nothing more than a monitor. Well I recently connected my current TV to the internet to make use of the web features on the TV. I have the TV connected to the AVR with HDMI using ports on both AVR and TV that are designated ARC. I read through the owners manual for the AVR and cannot find anything covering what I have to set the AVR to in order to hear the audio from the TV. On the AVR I use either CBL or BluRay as inputs to the AVR, but what is the input selection to hear the audio from the TV?

Thank you!

JR
post #3075 of 3077 Old Yesterday, 05:34 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by They_call_me_Roto View Post

For many years I have been using TVs for nothing more than a monitor. Well I recently connected my current TV to the internet to make use of the web features on the TV. I have the TV connected to the AVR with HDMI using ports on both AVR and TV that are designated ARC. I read through the owners manual for the AVR and cannot find anything covering what I have to set the AVR to in order to hear the audio from the TV. On the AVR I use either CBL or BluRay as inputs to the AVR, but what is the input selection to hear the audio from the TV?

Thank you!
On my SR5008, it is "TV Audio" but I'm using S/PDIF optical as I don't think my older TV supports ARC. Don't know if you need to reconfigure it to use ARC or not.
post #3076 of 3077 Old Yesterday, 08:31 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by They_call_me_Roto View Post

Thank you!
Roto,

Try the following steps if you want to implement ARC from the TV to the receiver. It involves enabling HDMI Control on in the AVR menu and for ARC on the TV. You need to do steps in order.

1) Turn on AVR then TV;
2) Turn on HDMI Control in AVR;
3) Turn on ARC/CEC function in TV;
4) Turn off TV and AVR; and
5) Turn on AVR first then TV.

Report back what you find, but you may have to choose audio system as sound output in TV menu. ARC is temperamental and needs everything turned on in the correct order for it to work. Others have given up on it due to TV manufacturers making it hard to play nice with other equipment manufacturers or found a workaround using a separate optical cable to the AVR.

If ARC/CEC goes wonky, just turn everything off. Unplug the Marantz from the power outlet for about 10 minutes+ and then power everything back up in order. Might have to implement the above steps again.

Maranatz NR1504, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, LG LW6500, aTV, WDTV Live, Harmony 650 remote, KEF E301, MiniDSP(2x4), Rythmik F12G

Last edited by steveting99; Today at 02:06 AM. Reason: additional text for clarification
post #3077 of 3077 Old Today, 01:41 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmockolovitch View Post
Correct.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Sr5008 , Marantz Sr7008 , Marantz Sr6008
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page