The **OFFICIAL** Marantz SR5008, SR6008 and SR7008 AV Receiver Owner's Thread - Page 107 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3181 of 3186 Old 11-26-2014, 12:09 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1855 Post(s)
Liked: 1721
For anyone that has decided not to get into Atmos this year, but is still considering the SR7008 for the Audyssey XT32, we've got just one left on clearance.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3182 of 3186 Old Yesterday, 06:56 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Got my SR7008 all dialed in with Audysey and did a demo with The Dark Knight Rises. All I can say is wow! XT32 seems to do a better job on this unit than my Onkyo NR1010 did - better speaker integration. I don't use Dynamic EQ and Volume for movie sources, but I have it on for TV with volume set to light. It also does a better job in these modes with the compression less noticeable and no huge SPL difference in bass like my Onkyo had - turning those features on in the Onkyo made every bass note sound like the T-Rex in Jurrasic Park. Love this unit so far and can't wait to watch my collection.

fdsfds
post #3183 of 3186 Old Yesterday, 07:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
If the unit is shutting down with nothing connected to it and it's not connected to a power strip, you must send it in for repair.
Just to bring my problem into a closure, I've sent it for repair and it took them 1-2 weeks to resolder most of the components inside. They suspect it's due to current leakage from bad connectors. I've got it back and it's working fine for more than a month now. Fingers crossed nothing bad happens in the future.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
post #3184 of 3186 Old Yesterday, 08:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Riddle View Post
Got my SR7008 all dialed in with Audysey and did a demo with The Dark Knight Rises. All I can say is wow! XT32 seems to do a better job on this unit than my Onkyo NR1010 did - better speaker integration. I don't use Dynamic EQ and Volume for movie sources, but I have it on for TV with volume set to light. It also does a better job in these modes with the compression less noticeable and no huge SPL difference in bass like my Onkyo had - turning those features on in the Onkyo made every bass note sound like the T-Rex in Jurrasic Park. Love this unit so far and can't wait to watch my collection.
Same sentiments here. You should have watched the movie before and after XT32. I was totally blown away!
post #3185 of 3186 Old Yesterday, 08:10 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have an LG Blu-Ray player plugged into the Blu-Ray HDMI input on the SR6008. When I choose Blu-Ray and the image from the LG Blu-Ray player appears on my TV, the image disappears every 10 to 20 seconds with the screen instead going black for a few seconds, then the image from the Blu-Ray player appears again.
post #3186 of 3186 Old Yesterday, 08:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 97
My NR1010 had XT32, the SR7008 just seems to do a better job equalizing. Absolutely awesome receiver. Now if it could just help my Dallas Cowboys and Aggies win football games, it would be the greatest thing ever.

fdsfds
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Sr5008 , Marantz Sr7008 , Marantz Sr6008
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page