The **OFFICIAL** Marantz SR5008, SR6008 and SR7008 AV Receiver Owner's Thread - Page 114 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #3391 of 3400 Unread Yesterday, 06:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1788 View Post
Well it is in my budget but I would like to get some improvement in sound q for additional money that I am putting in...
If is sounds better only at higher volumes - than it doesn't make any sense for me to upgrade... you know what I mean...
The Audyssey FAQ, linked in my signature, has a section with an in-depth comparison of XT and XT-32. Quite a few owners in the Audyssey thread have made the upgrade during the last few years and commented on the benefits. Those benefits are summarized in the comparison section to which I referred. It's not a volume issue. It's an issue of room correction capability and application. The FAQ will explain it. A lot probably depends on how good your room acoustics already are, before running Audyssey. But XT-32 is definitely the more advanced version and a lot of people can hear a distinct difference.

After reading the basic explanation of the differences in the various versions of Audyssey, go to the more advanced technical discussion in the Addendum.

Last edited by mthomas47; Yesterday at 06:59 AM. Reason: Added note on Addendum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3392 of 3400 Unread Yesterday, 08:53 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mthomas47 View Post
The Audyssey FAQ, linked in my signature, has a section with an in-depth comparison of XT and XT-32. Quite a few owners in the Audyssey thread have made the upgrade during the last few years and commented on the benefits. Those benefits are summarized in the comparison section to which I referred. It's not a volume issue. It's an issue of room correction capability and application. The FAQ will explain it. A lot probably depends on how good your room acoustics already are, before running Audyssey. But XT-32 is definitely the more advanced version and a lot of people can hear a distinct difference.

After reading the basic explanation of the differences in the various versions of Audyssey, go to the more advanced technical discussion in the Addendum.
Thanks for info, i will look into it.
post #3393 of 3400 Unread Yesterday, 01:50 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Also I have found very good deal for used SR7007, this is model without XT32, so audyssey is the same as on 6008.

Do you think that it makes sense to upgrade for the higher audio parts and higher power?

Thanks!
post #3394 of 3400 Unread Yesterday, 02:24 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2663 Post(s)
Liked: 1906
^^
Nope. Get the SR7008.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; Call me --> 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor and dealer for AVRs and Speakers 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
Call for info on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3395 of 3400 Unread Today, 05:26 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Red face Speaker B volume adjustment

Hello all
I recently aquired a pair of JBL L 200s and have added them to my 7.0 setup as speakers "B" using my SR7008, how do I adjust the vol on speakers "B" as they are more efficient than the mains (used as "A + B" for stereo sources) Mains are JBL sovereigns SR8s. I think I have gone through this thread twice looking up various things (very helpful) and don't really have the time to go through it again. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
post #3396 of 3400 Unread Today, 06:02 AM
585-645-1006

^^
Unlike on the newer SR7009, there is no individual volume control for Front B speakers on the SR7008, rather same volume applies to both A and B.

"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; Call me --> 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor and dealer for AVRs and Speakers 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
Call for info on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
post #3397 of 3400 Unread Today, 10:23 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb racing View Post
I just brought my SR5008 back for the popping noise issue. I sent it in once and some parts were replaced on the amp board but the popping is back louder than ever. I have a video of it also.

The first time the pop was mostly in the right speaker shortly after firing it up then occasionally the left side. Now I get loud pops after the audio has actually kicked in and delayed longer than before.
This is a second system receiver (in my garage) so I don't use it every day. If I leave it for a day or two it pops if I power it down and power it up no pop. Its like a capacitor is bleeding down or something. Not sure.

I tried a second set of speakers, same thing.

Just a follow up I took my receiver back for the same popping issue this time the local service center did some testing before sending it away to Marantz, they could not get the popping to happen so I showed them a video clip on my phone showing it.
This receiver is in my garage so they asked if it's cold in there and I said it's 10-12c when I'm not in but I turn the heat up when I go in there.
They put the receiver in the trunk of a car for two hours to cool it down tried again and sure enough the popping was there.
They have a call in to Marantz USA tech to see if this is normal or requires further investigation.
post #3398 of 3400 Unread Today, 03:12 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
^^
Unlike on the newer SR7009, there is no individual volume control for Front B speakers on the SR7008, rather same volume applies to both A and B.
Thanks for the reply. After checking out stand alone switchers with vol control I've decided not to go that route. I have a Denon avr920 that is surplus and was wondering if it could be inter grated to solve this problem. I realize that analog inputs make analog outputs and digital to digital. My Setup includes a turntable so analog is a must and digital stereo sources too. Seems like an upgrade to SR7007 would be nice but not practical am I ahead of the curve ?
post #3399 of 3400 Unread Today, 04:44 PM
585-645-1006

^^
Yes, you could use Zone 2 as an option, noting that the SR7008 can pass 2.0 from any source to include HDMI to Zone 2 whether using the pre-outs or speaker posts.

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
post #3400 of 3400 Unread Today, 07:23 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Question Help! PLIIz vs Aud DSX vs DTS Neo:X and how does it work?

Alright, got my front height setup, ran Audyssey, every thing should be fine. I'm running in 5.1 + front height. I had to manually turn DSX on which I found odd and I set the height setting to + 2 (not knowing what to do with it honestly)

The first movie I played from my PC (MPC BE, stereo source, bitsteaming) came out as PLII Movie Aud DSX and the front height kicked in, the difference was extremely obvious, for the better.

I wanted to test PLIIz and pressed the 'movie' button on the remote, this kicked everything back in PLII Movie - not PLIIz and the front height speakers went silent. Pressing it again did nothing at all.

Music brought it back to stereo, multiple press did nothing

Game brought up DTS Neo X Game which did bring back the height speakers but in a much more subtle way.

Pure shuffled through Direct, Pure and Auto (stereo in this case).

I couldn't get Aud DSX back on. I checked the setup and realised that it had been turned off!

So, the questions:

- Why did DSX turn itself off and how can I get it back without re enabling it everytime ?
- Why can't I get PLIIz and only get PLII Movie (and no PLII music ?) ?
- Is there a DTS Neo X 'non game' ?

Finally, what is better between the 3 of them - PLIIz vs DTS Neo X (game?) vs Aud DSX ? That might be a question of taste but I'm curious.

I got use to my Onkyos and NADs having pretty obvious (and numerous!) DSP options but I'm puzzled about the marantz.

Thanks for the help!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Sr5008 , Marantz Sr7008 , Marantz Sr6008
Gear in this thread