The **OFFICIAL** Marantz SR5008, SR6008 and SR7008 AV Receiver Owner's Thread - Page 120 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #3571 of 3575 Old Yesterday, 07:20 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3121 Post(s)
Liked: 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrimberg View Post
I saw in a tutorial video recently that you can set up bi-wiring for L/R via OSD using the SR6008. How does this process work exactly? I'm guessing it takes away from another channel in the 7.1 set up corrrect? So bi-wiring L/R mains takes up 4.1 sort of? So out of curiosity would the LF and RF mains also use up say Surround L and Surround R connector on the back of the receiver to complete the bi-wiring of L/R? On top of the and the main reason I'm asking is that my center channel speak can also accept bi-wiring and hence I wanted to see if I'd be able to bi-wire all 3 speakers L/R/C and where the cabling would connect to on the receiver. I don't have any surrounds and such at this time so I realize it may take up 6 of 7 channels available on this receiver if my idea is possible. Thanks!

Is what I'm thinking of passively bi-amping and not bi-wiring? The speakers have 4 binding posts in which I can remove the bridge. Run a pair of +/- from LR to one pair of binding posts and another pair say from LS to the second set of binding post on the same speaker.
Bi-wire: Connect 2 sets of wires from the FL/FR speaker posts to each set of posts on the speaker
Bi-amp: Connect 1 set of wires from each of FL/FR and SBL/SBR speaker posts to each set of posts on the speaker

Neither is going to add any additional benefit in either improved audio or power, so not recommended.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVS - We sell Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 5 times. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3572 of 3575 Old Yesterday, 11:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hey all,

I am seriously considering a Marantz 5008 that a local hi-fi store is putting on clearance sale and I just wanted to ask you guys' opinions on it ...

I am a Marantz fan, and my current A/V receive is a Marantz 5300 that is 11 years old now ... it doesn't even do video switching at all and HDMI didn't even exist when I bought it lol ... but the 5300 sounds nice and it's still rocking in my HT room today. I use a HDMI switch for video today, and I look forward to running the video's into my receiver with the new unit. I also wired my HT room for 7.1 setup, but currently I'm only using 5.1 cause my receiver doesn't support 7 speakers.

Recently some modes (M-stereo) have failed on my 5300 and I figure, 11 years, it's about time to upgrade it. Being a Marantz fan, when I saw the 5008 on sale I took notice immediately. I listened to it, and it sounds nice.

I wonder how you guys like it.

I also read some reviews about video quality degrade / dropped frames to audio out of sync when using the HDMI video pass through on the 5008 ... have you guys experienced anything like that? That does concern me a bit because at least 70% of the time the AVR is used for movies and videos ...???

My HT has the BenQ W1070 PJ and I don't have any plan to upgrade to 4K anytime soon, so don't think I'll be using the 4K upscale at all for a while ... I don't even know if I'll use the HD upscale. I'll probably pass through the video signal untouched.
post #3573 of 3575 Old Yesterday, 05:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I can't figure out how to engage my subwoofer when using Pure or Direct playback...is this not an option at all on the 6008? It only engages when I set it to Stereo, which uses Audessey. I'm trying to get no Audessey but play full 2.1, not just 2.0.
post #3574 of 3575 Old Yesterday, 05:20 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 3121 Post(s)
Liked: 2018
You can either simply disable Audyssey by setting it to OFF, or if you prefer to use DIRECT, then set the sub to LFE+MAIN.
rbf1138 likes this.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVS - We sell Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 5 times. 
post #3575 of 3575 Unread Today, 05:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 544 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanoandrew3 View Post
Idk if I'm in the right spot but I have a question if someone can help me lol. I have a marantz sr5008, emotiva xpa5 gen2, klipsch rc-25, klipsch r-28f, klipsch rs-42ii, and the klipsch sw-350. I was wondering if a dedicated preamp or better receiver would give me better sound quality or should I stick with what I have. I could probably spend like 1200 to upgrade my system so any reccomendations on what would be the best upgrade would be appreciated. And also, my marantz has 2 sub outs but how would I calibrate both. I think I have a decent system I just think it could be better and I'm still learning
Romanoandrew3,

Regarding the two subs, AVS member Jerry Austin wrote a guide for time aligning multiple subs into one channel in the MiniDSP DDRC 88-A thread in post number 383.

If your sub has individual phase dials, you can do something similar without having to purchase an external box solution.

Since you're using the SR5008 as a pre/pro, you might be interested in the Dirac Live external box solution offered by MiniDSP.

Maranatz SR-7009, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, LG LW6500, aTV, WDTV Live, Harmony 650 remote, KEF E301, MiniDSP(2x4), Rythmik F12G
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Sr5008 , Marantz Sr7008 , Marantz Sr6008
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page