The **OFFICIAL** Marantz SR5008, SR6008 and SR7008 AV Receiver Owner's Thread - Page 122 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 58Likes

post #3631 of 3652 Old 03-17-2015, 10:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 598 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Federo5 View Post
so i need to take apart the av or remove the top and place it inside the unit?
Hi Federo5,

There is no modification to the av needed. Just place the fan on top of the av if it is in an open space.

If the av is on a rack or inside an entertainment center, might want to place the fan at back to draw out the heated air.

Maranatz SR-7009, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, LG LW6500, aTV, WDTV Live, Harmony 650 remote, KEF E301, MiniDSP(2x4), Rythmik F12G
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3632 of 3652 Old 03-17-2015, 10:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 598 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfieninja View Post
...I had an issue with excessive relay clicking when watching tv or blu rays, have you noticed anything like that?...
Check the input source when you hear the relay clicking. Most likely the source soundtrack has changed from 5.1 to say 2.0 which causes the receiver to change modes.

This is most likely occurring when a commercial is being aired between the show. Commercials are recorded in a stereo soundtrack and not surround sound.

Complaints to the broadcasters and advertising companies please, the receiver is simply responding what is coming from the source.

Maranatz SR-7009, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, LG LW6500, aTV, WDTV Live, Harmony 650 remote, KEF E301, MiniDSP(2x4), Rythmik F12G
post #3633 of 3652 Old 03-18-2015, 06:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfieninja
...I had an issue with excessive relay clicking when watching tv or blu rays, have you noticed anything like that?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveting99 View Post
Check the input source when you hear the relay clicking. Most likely the source soundtrack has changed from 5.1 to say 2.0 which causes the receiver to change modes.

This is most likely occurring when a commercial is being aired between the show. Commercials are recorded in a stereo soundtrack and not surround sound.

Complaints to the broadcasters and advertising companies please, the receiver is simply responding what is coming from the source.

I posted a similar question a few months ago and JD said that he had noticed a similar problem on some programs. Both of us have DirecTV. In my case, the relay clicking problem only seems to occur (knock wood) with an "On Demand" program on DirecTV. For me, The Sony Movie Channel in HD is a perfect example. I can watch a movie on that channel with no problem, but if I record the same movie "On Demand", I get relays clicking every few seconds. Very annoying! Whether it's a stereo signal as Steve speculated, or whether there is some inherent flaw in the encoding process, I am convinced that he is right that it isn't a Marantz issue.

If I had to guess, in my case, it probably isn't a DirecTV issue either. I suspect the problem traces back to the original source provider--The Sony Movie Channel HD--in the example I used. If there is a workaround to fix this, I haven't ever heard of it.
post #3634 of 3652 Old 03-18-2015, 01:39 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The clicking in my receiver was during commercials, fast forwarding/rewinding the pvr, playing blue rays. I understand that the receiver has to decode whatever signal it is receiving but this doesn't seem to be normal to me. For example, say I am watching a tv show and a commercial starts, the receiver will click 3 or 4 times and the signal type, ie. dolby digital-pcm etc. will change on the display, the same thing may happen again when it changes to the next commercial. I have had 2 Denons in the past and this is my 3rd Marantz. I never had anything like this on my 7007 and I have an nr1504 in my living room that does not do this. I could put up with clicking every now and then but this was totally out to lunch. I hope it is only a one-off as the sound was friggin amazing and the Audyssey did an amazing job of setting up the speakers. Everything else seemed to work fine, no issues at all. I am hoping to get the new 7008 setup on Monday or Tuesday, I'll post an update then. Fingers crossed.

Cheers
post #3635 of 3652 Old 03-20-2015, 10:07 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Perhaps I've missed the posts, but have any sr5008 owners updated to the firmware that was released recently?

I just started getting the notification this month, but am hesitant to install it given the reports of firmware upgrades failing.

Are there any real benefits to it? I haven't had any issues with mine in the 3 months I've had it now. If it's not worth it, I'll just skip doing it.
post #3636 of 3652 Old 03-20-2015, 03:58 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
SR5008, reboot

Hello, my (second hand bought) Marantz sr-5008 begins to reboots himself after a couple of hours playing. And now it reboots itself every 10 seconde, What is going on ? Anyone suggestions ?

Thanks for your help.

Greetings Frank

Last edited by Frank Bijlard; 03-20-2015 at 04:01 PM.
post #3637 of 3652 Old 03-20-2015, 04:21 PM

I did the update a couple weeks ago, it actually fixed some network issues I was having, I have had no problems since doing the update. This was the first update I've had with my 5008, it was shipped to me with a current firmware.
post #3638 of 3652 Old 03-20-2015, 04:54 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 3336 Post(s)
Liked: 2078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Bijlard View Post
Hello, my (second hand bought) Marantz sr-5008 begins to reboots himself after a couple of hours playing. And now it reboots itself every 10 seconde, What is going on ? Anyone suggestions ?

Thanks for your help.

Greetings Frank
Try unplugging the AVR for 10 minutes. If no joy, do a microprocessor reset (p.200 Owner's manual).

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 5 times. 
post #3639 of 3652 Old 03-21-2015, 01:24 AM

10 minutes power off did solve The problem for 15 minuten. After that, same problem occurs. About thuis Factory reset. I think i did it wel because i saw a white big square in The display blinking every second. But i do nog know if i did it correct because all my settings are still there...
post #3640 of 3652 Old 03-21-2015, 03:07 AM

I think i found it. The sr5008 is nog happy with a chromecast i'll think..
post #3641 of 3652 Old 03-22-2015, 09:38 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
How do I turn off all of the video processing options on the 6008? There are so many different settings in the setup menus and all I want to do is turn them all off so the receiver isn't processing the picture at all. Is there a main setting to turn off somewhere?
post #3642 of 3652 Old 03-22-2015, 01:11 PM

Update:

I had some free time this afternoon so I hooked up the second receiver. I used all the exact cables and sources connected the same way. There is still some relay clicking but no where near the amount that was in the first model. It definitely has to do with the processing. On the first model it would click 3-4 times when a commercial would come on, this model only clicks once if at all when it changes to commercial. It also seems that the audible noise that the relay makes is lower in this model compared to the first. I think I did the right thing by returning the first model. I can live with it as it is now, hopefully it won't get any worse. As a side note, I also noticed that the sound after running Audyssey is a lot more bassy on this model, nothing drastic but noticeable, just differences in production I guess. Still love the sound and happy to be staying with Marantz
post #3643 of 3652 Old 03-22-2015, 02:26 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmock17 View Post
How do I turn off all of the video processing options on the 6008? There are so many different settings in the setup menus and all I want to do is turn them all off so the receiver isn't processing the picture at all. Is there a main setting to turn off somewhere?
Simply set the "i/p Scaler" setting to OFF.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
post #3644 of 3652 Old 03-23-2015, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Bijlard View Post
I think i found it. The sr5008 is nog happy with a chromecast i'll think..
Are you using the Chromecast connected directly to your sr5008, or with the supplied short extension HDMI cable? If you're using that extension, try without. Many Chromecast owners have complained of HDMI handshake issues with that cable (me included), particularly when switching from one stream format to another on the Chromecast.

On a related note, I had the issue when I first got the Chromecast about 2 years ago (whenever it first came out). That's when I stopped using the cable. This weekend I decided to try it again, since the Chromecast firmware has been updated since then. So far, so good. No such issues. Not a guarantee though in every case. You could also try replacing the cable if you need to use it.
post #3645 of 3652 Old 03-23-2015, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garontee View Post
I did the update a couple weeks ago, it actually fixed some network issues I was having, I have had no problems since doing the update. This was the first update I've had with my 5008, it was shipped to me with a current firmware.
Thanks. This is my first update too. I'm reluctant to try it, since my AVR is working fine as-is. I don't want to risk introducing an issue if there's no real benefit to me.
post #3646 of 3652 Old 03-23-2015, 11:58 AM

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfieninja View Post
Update:

I had some free time this afternoon so I hooked up the second receiver. I used all the exact cables and sources connected the same way. There is still some relay clicking but no where near the amount that was in the first model. It definitely has to do with the processing. On the first model it would click 3-4 times when a commercial would come on, this model only clicks once if at all when it changes to commercial. It also seems that the audible noise that the relay makes is lower in this model compared to the first. I think I did the right thing by returning the first model. I can live with it as it is now, hopefully it won't get any worse. As a side note, I also noticed that the sound after running Audyssey is a lot more bassy on this model, nothing drastic but noticeable, just differences in production I guess. Still love the sound and happy to be staying with Marantz

That's good news! If you want to post questions regarding your calibration, here or on the Audyssey thread, it might help. Calibrations can vary quite a bit until you get your set-up optimized and your calibration technique fairly well perfected.
post #3647 of 3652 Old 03-23-2015, 02:01 PM

Thanks, I will take a look at the Audssey thread. I am adding height channels when the speakers arrive so I will be running the setup again in a week or so. I'm sure I will have more questions
post #3648 of 3652 Old 03-23-2015, 02:15 PM

On my SR6008, is there a way to adjust the delay in Zone2 to sync with Zone 1?
I have an L-shaped room with mains at one end, and Zone 2 at the opposite end of the room (over a bar). I'd like to use the Zone 2 speakers (connected to an Audiosource amp via line out) for the same source as Zone 1 but there is a distracting delay in the sound as between Zone 1 and 2. I'd also like to incorporate Zone 2 into multi channel stereo but again the delay/echo effect make makes it unusable this way. My switchable rear centers are already used for that, so I can't use them for Zone 2.
post #3649 of 3652 Old 03-23-2015, 02:23 PM
585-645-1006

^^
If the source has video, you can set the Video Mode to GAME which will minimize the Zone 2 delay.

------------------

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
post #3650 of 3652 Old 03-23-2015, 02:24 PM

^^ Thank you.
post #3651 of 3652 Old Yesterday, 03:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello all

I love my new 5008. It does everything I need and was snap to hook up, thanks to this thread. Great thread(im back on page 50+so far), and great forum!

one question I hope can be fixed.....

When in 2ch stereo mode the surround speakers have that nominal slight static sound. they are not playing..they are just on with no music coming out with just slight static..How is this turned off?

beeker klipsch
post #3652 of 3652 Old Today, 11:09 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Been playing around with the new to me 7008..and i have a question.
When i am adjusting the volume with the remote up or down i get slight audible ticking(count up /down),not a smooth transition up and down the stream,is this normal.
When i had my 5008 i cant trecall it doing this as you adjusted the volume and i know for a fact my onkyo 818 does not do this either.
Is this part of the HDAM?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Sr5008 , Marantz Sr7008 , Marantz Sr6008
Gear in this thread