The **OFFICIAL** Marantz SR5008, SR6008 and SR7008 AV Receiver Owner's Thread - Page 125 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #3721 of 3727 Old 04-16-2015, 12:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
^^
Not sure what you're asking here? If you run Audyssey, all speakers are set to the same volume level at the main listening position (ie. mic #1 position). The Height speakers are for ambient audio and generally don't get much audio. If you want any speaker to be more pronounced, simply use Manual Setup - Test Tones and raise the speaker volume a few db.
The "issue" is purely around the centre speaker. It's level sounds much higher than all others at the MLP. It's volume appeared to be fine (much lower) prior to connecting the height speakers and switching to the height processing options. I ran Audessey prior to connecting the height speakers. As a temporary measure I added in the height speaker's information manually after connecting them. In any case I don't know why that would have had an effect on the centre's perceived level. Maybe it's unrelated. Anyhow, I'll try to run Audyssey again tonight.

Optoma HD131xe on 106" Accuscreens 16:9 pull-down screen
Marantz SR7008 AVR / Sony PS3 Fat / Sony BDP-5200 / Mac Mini / Synology 212j NAS
Polk Monitor65T Series II LR / Polk CS1 centre / Polk Monitor30 Series II heights / Monoprice in-wall 5-1/4 Inch rear surrounds / SVS SB12-NSD sub
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3722 of 3727 Old 04-16-2015, 12:26 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 3589 Post(s)
Liked: 2154
^^
When you add more speakers, the AVR disables Audyssey until you run it again to include the new speakers.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call only for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 5 times. 
post #3723 of 3727 Old 04-16-2015, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
^^
When you add more speakers, the AVR disables Audyssey until you run it again to include the new speakers.
Ahhh, that would be it. Thank you!

Marantz SR7008 AVR / Sony PS3 Fat / Sony BDP-5200 / Mac Mini / Synology 212j NAS
Polk Monitor65T Series II LR / Polk CS1 centre / Polk Monitor30 Series II heights / Monoprice in-wall 5-1/4 Inch rear surrounds / SVS SB12-NSD sub
post #3724 of 3727 Old 04-16-2015, 02:34 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
How similar are these to Denon X4000? I returned that receiver because it was having problems with my HTPC. When skipping over commercials the receiver would audibly click as it lost signal and then re-acquired it. According to others in this forum it's a design flaw of the unit. Very annoying. Also, when turning the receiver off and then on again the scaling in Windows Media Center would get messed up. Sometimes it would scale down to 480p and I would have to close WMC and reopen the program to get it back to 1080p. This was the deal-breaker for me and I had to return the receiver. It's a shame because I loved the way it sounded. Audyssey is amazing.
post #3725 of 3727 Old 04-16-2015, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John M Miller View Post
How similar are these to Denon X4000? I returned that receiver because it was having problems with my HTPC. When skipping over commercials the receiver would audibly click as it lost signal and then re-acquired it. According to others in this forum it's a design flaw of the unit. Very annoying. Also, when turning the receiver off and then on again the scaling in Windows Media Center would get messed up. Sometimes it would scale down to 480p and I would have to close WMC and reopen the program to get it back to 1080p. This was the deal-breaker for me and I had to return the receiver. It's a shame because I loved the way it sounded. Audyssey is amazing.

My guess would be that they are so similar internally that you would have the same issue. Especially the video components.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

post #3726 of 3727 Old Yesterday, 08:44 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello friends,

Is there issues with the SR7008 receiving HDMI signal from HTPC? I for the life of me cannot figure out why the HTPC isn't getting a signal into the receiver. Even tried to use various inputs.
Still in basic setup, 2.1 being fed from the HTPC. Could bring down the cable box for another input to try another source. Any suggestions?
- do I have a setting in the computer to adjust? it's Windows 8.1

Thanks
post #3727 of 3727 Unread Today, 03:11 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 3589 Post(s)
Liked: 2154
^^
HTPCs can have issues with any brand of AVR depending on the card installed. Review following link for some helpful information ...

The 'Official' 2014 Denon "S Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call only for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Sr5008 , Marantz Sr7008 , Marantz Sr6008
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page