The **OFFICIAL** Marantz SR5008, SR6008 and SR7008 AV Receiver Owner's Thread - Page 135 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #4021 of 4025 Old 07-27-2015, 04:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Marantz SR5008 won't HDMI sync picture to Sony XBR-55X850C 4K TV

Marantz SR5008 won't HDMI sync picture to Sony XBR-55X850C 4K TV when trying to select BluRay as source.

Wondering if anyone else has had issues getting HDMI to work with 4K TVs--and solved the problem.

I have had all kinds of trouble getting a picture to sync over HDMI through my Marantz receiver with the new Sony XBR-55X850C 4K TV.

Only my Apple TV seems to pass through without issue.

I had to manually configure my Comcast cable box to output 1080. After changing config from auto, I was finally able to get a picture.

I have a Samsung BluRay player, but even after setting the SR-5008 to output 1080 instead of auto, I still can't the picture to sync. NOTE: The BluRay works fine if I plug HDMI from the BluRay device directly to the TV. It's only when I put the signal through the SR-5008 that it fails to sync and produce a picture on the TV. If I plug and unplug the HDMI so I "reset" the devices, the picture will start to come through, then it cuts and acts like the source isn't supported from that point forward. You can watch what happens when I select BluRay as a source at https://youtu.be/JFDNh1kcUUg. I also purchased a new Sony BluRay player thinking my old one may be too old; however, I get the same result with the new player.

Is there an HDMI magician here? Anyone with experience getting a Sony 4K TV to work? Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4022 of 4025 Old 07-27-2015, 06:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 974 Post(s)
Liked: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaldwin66 View Post
Marantz SR5008 won't HDMI sync picture to Sony XBR-55X850C 4K TV when trying to select BluRay as source.

Wondering if anyone else has had issues getting HDMI to work with 4K TVs--and solved the problem.

I have had all kinds of trouble getting a picture to sync over HDMI through my Marantz receiver with the new Sony XBR-55X850C 4K TV.

Only my Apple TV seems to pass through without issue.

I had to manually configure my Comcast cable box to output 1080. After changing config from auto, I was finally able to get a picture.

I have a Samsung BluRay player, but even after setting the SR-5008 to output 1080 instead of auto, I still can't the picture to sync. NOTE: The BluRay works fine if I plug HDMI from the BluRay device directly to the TV. It's only when I put the signal through the SR-5008 that it fails to sync and produce a picture on the TV. If I plug and unplug the HDMI so I "reset" the devices, the picture will start to come through, then it cuts and acts like the source isn't supported from that point forward. You can watch what happens when I select BluRay as a source at https://youtu.be/JFDNh1kcUUg. I also purchased a new Sony BluRay player thinking my old one may be too old; however, I get the same result with the new player.

Is there an HDMI magician here? Anyone with experience getting a Sony 4K TV to work? Any suggestions?
Hi bbaldwin66,

Welcome to AVS!

First thing to check is your HDMI cables. Are they rated for high speed? The HDMI specs are written for standard length of 6', with longer cables not guaranteed to meet spec.

On your Samsung blu-ray player, check to see if you have something like 'Deep color'? If it is enabled, turn it OFF. Deep color doesn't add anything to picture quality as the original blu-ray source disc isn't encoded with deep color and just loads up the HDMI bandwidth so that failures are more likely to occur.

Maranatz SR-7009, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, aTV, WDTV Live, Harmony 650 remote, KEF E301+T101, MiniDSP(2x4) & 10x10HD, Emotiva 2xXPA-5 (Gen2), Rythmik 2xF12G+2xF8, HiMedia Q16, LG 55EC9300.
post #4023 of 4025 Old Yesterday, 01:27 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Just an observation. I recently purchased the SR7008 to replace my SC-81 Pioneer Elite receiver. What a difference! Since I play music 90% , there seems to be more detail with the 7008. A couple of weeks ago, I finally got around to running Audyssey XT32. The difference was night and day. Since I had a little time, I first ran the room correction in the immediate listening are at three locations and listened with some of my reference music. I then did a second round and placed the microphone in several different areas of the room where I might need to place a chair for visitors - close to corners, behind the listening area, and even to the far left of the listening area. The room shape is odd - a larger room with 15 foot ceilings, hardwood floors, and a staircase along one wall. This resulted in an even more detailed listening experience. I could never hear a large difference in the Elite when using advanced MCACC. I also have an Anthem MRX310, and I believe that the room correction in the Marantz outperforms ARC under my circumstances. I will be keeping the Marantz, and ditching the others. After two years searching to replace (at a resonable cost) my old HK AVR635, I think I have found something that sounds a little better.

Main. Marantz SR7008, UD5007, Paradigm Reference Studio 60v5 fronts
Sony 46HX750

Secondary setup. Anthem MRX300, Integra CDC3.4, Panasonic BDP-DMP500, Polk Audio LSIm703 pair, 704, FX,
post #4024 of 4025 Old Today, 02:41 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have an SR5008 and I recently noticed that it puts out a whir/hiss sound through all outputs (speaker, pre, sub) that does not change volume. If I put my ear to a tweeter it sounds like a hiss and if I put my ear to a woofer it sounds like a whir. It also goes through the sub outputs so the sub is on and humming all the time. The sound remains with all inputs unplugged. It remains when I plug the unit into a circuit with nothing else on it. It's not a ground loop. I've tried messing with power strips, conditioners and Hum-x adapters. I took the unit to a repair place that reported no hiss when using their powered speakers. I didn't really believe them so they took me in the back and showed me. I take the unit home and there's hiss. I have other amps that have no hiss while plugged in to the same outlets/system. Electricians came to my building recently and completely replaced the electric panels and meters in the basement, which had no effect on the hiss/hum.

My "better half" is getting fed up with the system not working correctly after I spent so much money on it. "Other people have a setup that just works. You press 'on' and everything works. Yours is always broken." If I ship the unit off for repair, not having it for who knows how long, and they tell me nothing is wrong with it I don't know what I'll do. I'm tempted to just buy a replacement 5008 and see if there's a difference. Maybe I'll take the old one out and smash it on the sidewalk. My av cabinet is just barely deep enough to fit the sr5008 so just upgrading is not an option as practically every other receiver is too deep. This thing is testing my patience.
post #4025 of 4025 Old Today, 03:06 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4757 Post(s)
Liked: 2485
Quote:
Originally Posted by mart541 View Post
I have an SR5008 and I recently noticed that it puts out a whir/hiss sound through all outputs (speaker, pre, sub) that does not change volume. If I put my ear to a tweeter it sounds like a hiss and if I put my ear to a woofer it sounds like a whir. It also goes through the sub outputs so the sub is on and humming all the time. The sound remains with all inputs unplugged. It remains when I plug the unit into a circuit with nothing else on it. It's not a ground loop. I've tried messing with power strips, conditioners and Hum-x adapters. I took the unit to a repair place that reported no hiss when using their powered speakers. I didn't really believe them so they took me in the back and showed me. I take the unit home and there's hiss. I have other amps that have no hiss while plugged in to the same outlets/system. Electricians came to my building recently and completely replaced the electric panels and meters in the basement, which had no effect on the hiss/hum.

My "better half" is getting fed up with the system not working correctly after I spent so much money on it. "Other people have a setup that just works. You press 'on' and everything works. Yours is always broken." If I ship the unit off for repair, not having it for who knows how long, and they tell me nothing is wrong with it I don't know what I'll do. I'm tempted to just buy a replacement 5008 and see if there's a difference. Maybe I'll take the old one out and smash it on the sidewalk. My av cabinet is just barely deep enough to fit the sr5008 so just upgrading is not an option as practically every other receiver is too deep. This thing is testing my patience.
The repair facility using "powered" speakers was not a good test at all, rather they should have used "passive" speakers as is the case with your setup. There does appear to be an issue with the SR5008. If you haven't already done so, refer to the factory reset procedure in the Owner's manual and give that a go. If still no joy, the unit is still under warranty if purchased from an authorized dealer so select another repair facility this time.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call for sales info --> 585-645-1006
Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
** Think the AVR is defective? Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Sr5008 , Marantz Sr7008 , Marantz Sr6008
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page