The **OFFICIAL** Marantz SR5008, SR6008 and SR7008 AV Receiver Owner's Thread - Page 135 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #4021 of 4022 Unread Today, 04:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Marantz SR5008 won't HDMI sync picture to Sony XBR-55X850C 4K TV

Marantz SR5008 won't HDMI sync picture to Sony XBR-55X850C 4K TV when trying to select BluRay as source.

Wondering if anyone else has had issues getting HDMI to work with 4K TVs--and solved the problem.

I have had all kinds of trouble getting a picture to sync over HDMI through my Marantz receiver with the new Sony XBR-55X850C 4K TV.

Only my Apple TV seems to pass through without issue.

I had to manually configure my Comcast cable box to output 1080. After changing config from auto, I was finally able to get a picture.

I have a Samsung BluRay player, but even after setting the SR-5008 to output 1080 instead of auto, I still can't the picture to sync. NOTE: The BluRay works fine if I plug HDMI from the BluRay device directly to the TV. It's only when I put the signal through the SR-5008 that it fails to sync and produce a picture on the TV. If I plug and unplug the HDMI so I "reset" the devices, the picture will start to come through, then it cuts and acts like the source isn't supported from that point forward. You can watch what happens when I select BluRay as a source at https://youtu.be/JFDNh1kcUUg. I also purchased a new Sony BluRay player thinking my old one may be too old; however, I get the same result with the new player.

Is there an HDMI magician here? Anyone with experience getting a Sony 4K TV to work? Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4022 of 4022 Unread Today, 06:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 972 Post(s)
Liked: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaldwin66 View Post
Marantz SR5008 won't HDMI sync picture to Sony XBR-55X850C 4K TV when trying to select BluRay as source.

Wondering if anyone else has had issues getting HDMI to work with 4K TVs--and solved the problem.

I have had all kinds of trouble getting a picture to sync over HDMI through my Marantz receiver with the new Sony XBR-55X850C 4K TV.

Only my Apple TV seems to pass through without issue.

I had to manually configure my Comcast cable box to output 1080. After changing config from auto, I was finally able to get a picture.

I have a Samsung BluRay player, but even after setting the SR-5008 to output 1080 instead of auto, I still can't the picture to sync. NOTE: The BluRay works fine if I plug HDMI from the BluRay device directly to the TV. It's only when I put the signal through the SR-5008 that it fails to sync and produce a picture on the TV. If I plug and unplug the HDMI so I "reset" the devices, the picture will start to come through, then it cuts and acts like the source isn't supported from that point forward. You can watch what happens when I select BluRay as a source at https://youtu.be/JFDNh1kcUUg. I also purchased a new Sony BluRay player thinking my old one may be too old; however, I get the same result with the new player.

Is there an HDMI magician here? Anyone with experience getting a Sony 4K TV to work? Any suggestions?
Hi bbaldwin66,

Welcome to AVS!

First thing to check is your HDMI cables. Are they rated for high speed? The HDMI specs are written for standard length of 6', with longer cables not guaranteed to meet spec.

On your Samsung blu-ray player, check to see if you have something like 'Deep color'? If it is enabled, turn it OFF. Deep color doesn't add anything to picture quality as the original blu-ray source disc isn't encoded with deep color and just loads up the HDMI bandwidth so that failures are more likely to occur.

Maranatz SR-7009, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, aTV, WDTV Live, Harmony 650 remote, KEF E301+T101, MiniDSP(2x4) & 10x10HD, Emotiva 2xXPA-5 (Gen2), Rythmik 2xF12G+2xF8, HiMedia Q16, LG 55EC9300.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Sr5008 , Marantz Sr7008 , Marantz Sr6008
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page