The **OFFICIAL** Marantz SR5008, SR6008 and SR7008 AV Receiver Owner's Thread - Page 152 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 130Likes

Old 07-17-2016, 06:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1350 Post(s)
Liked: 1450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgterm View Post
So, I do love my SR7008...It is the only device on my network that does this on a consistent basis.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Yes. The networking on mine is let's call it inconsistent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2016, 12:51 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 174 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9442 Post(s)
Liked: 4367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgterm View Post
So, I do love my SR7008...but, I have to say its networking/internet functionality is really its weakest feature.

It is the only device on my network that still insists on vanishing frequently, even though it is connected via Ethernet and I've assigned it a static IP address.

It disappears when streaming Pandora through it with AirPlay (because I still can no longer log on to Pandora through the AVR...how about you guys?). The Marantz app keeps losing it, too.

My only solution is to unplug it and plug it back again...then, voila', it reappears!

It is the only device on my network that does this on a consistent basis.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Until a firmware update is released that resolves the Pandora server issue, you will continue to be unable to logon to Pandora via the AVR; however, Pandora is likely available on other devices (eg. TV, Blu Ray player, game box, Chromecast, etc.) which could then be used to stream Pandora to the AVR.

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
AV Science - Dealer for Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atl Tech, SVS, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
Old 07-18-2016, 03:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Until a firmware update is released that resolves the Pandora server issue, you will continue to be unable to logon to Pandora via the AVR; however, Pandora is likely available on other devices (eg. TV, Blu Ray player, game box, Chromecast, etc.) which could then be used to stream Pandora to the AVR.

Thanks, JD. That's how I've been using Pandora with my Marantz...albeit, while experiencing general Network flakiness on the unit. Perhaps this firmware update may include some Network stability improvements as well? I know I've called Marantz several times about the unit disappearing from the app frequently...not sure if others here have called them, as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-19-2016, 12:21 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 63
I have 9.1 channels hooked up to a VSX-44 receiver today and so I can only use the Front Height OR the surround rears. I would love to be able to upscale 5.1 and 7.1 content to 9.1 using Dolby PLIIx/z.

First question, will the Marantz SR7008 upscale 5.1 to matrixed height and surround back (rear) channels at the same time or does 5.1 source content still need to be EITHER front heights or surround backs. In other words, can only source 7.1 content be upscaled to 9.1 using DD PLIIx/z?

Other thoughts on Marantz SR7008? I can get it for $700 New.

==============================
FS: Proficient GL6 Center Channel Speaker

My Current "Living Room" Home Theater!
Old 07-19-2016, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 424
Hey all,
Have a question hoping that someone can chime.
With the Audyssey LFC, how exactly does it eliminate/remove frequencies that would pass into the next room. Is it a specific frequency that is filtered out? Just trying to understand a little more.
It apparently does not remove any of the LFE from the current room?
Thanks,
Russ

Old 07-20-2016, 12:14 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizrussspike View Post
Hey all,
Have a question hoping that someone can chime.
With the Audyssey LFC, how exactly does it eliminate/remove frequencies that would pass into the next room. Is it a specific frequency that is filtered out? Just trying to understand a little more.
It apparently does not remove any of the LFE from the current room?
Thanks,
Russ
No frequencies are eliminated, rather the db level of frequencies < 100Hz are simply reduced as noted in the image below ...

The **OFFICIAL** DENON AVR-4520CI thread

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
AV Science - Dealer for Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atl Tech, SVS, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
Old 07-20-2016, 12:16 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
I have 9.1 channels hooked up to a VSX-44 receiver today and so I can only use the Front Height OR the surround rears. I would love to be able to upscale 5.1 and 7.1 content to 9.1 using Dolby PLIIx/z.

First question, will the Marantz SR7008 upscale 5.1 to matrixed height and surround back (rear) channels at the same time or does 5.1 source content still need to be EITHER front heights or surround backs. In other words, can only source 7.1 content be upscaled to 9.1 using DD PLIIx/z?

Other thoughts on Marantz SR7008? I can get it for $700 New.
1. The SR7008 is a 9CH AVR, so yes, audio can be simulated to both the height and rear surrounds at the same time (ie. 5.1 + 2.0 + 2.0 = 9.1).
2. The SR7009 has upgraded HDAM pre-amps so would produce a better music listening experience.

------------

Old 07-20-2016, 03:12 AM

Quote:
1. The SR7008 is a 9CH AVR, so yes, audio can be simulated to both the height and rear surrounds at the same time (ie. 5.1 + 2.0 + 2.0 = 9.1).

2. The SR7009 has upgraded HDAM pre-amps so would produce a better music listening experience.

Noticed it does not have atmost or DTS:X. How does it matrix to the front heights and rear surrounds from a 5.1 source then?

Old 07-20-2016, 04:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 424
Quote:
No frequencies are eliminated, rather the db level of frequencies < 100Hz are simply reduced as noted in the image below ...

The **OFFICIAL** DENON AVR-4520CI thread
Thanks jdsmoothie,
I think I get it, as the graph shows quite the drop in db
Old 07-20-2016, 06:33 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Noticed it does not have atmost or DTS:X. How does it matrix to the front heights and rear surrounds from a 5.1 source then?
Hi. It is possible with audyssey DSX, DTS neo X or dolby PLIIz. I am mostly using dts neo x cinema for movies and i love it...but i am thinking of upgrading to 7011 for atmos and DTS X and also audyssey app

Marantz sr7008 (running 9.2 audyssey DSX, DTS:NEO X), monitor audio bx6,bx center,bx fx (4x),bx1,sub SVS sb13ultra (2x), panasonic 60asw654, LAPTOP ACER Aspire V17 Nitro Black edition
Old 07-20-2016, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommaazz View Post
Hi. It is possible with audyssey DSX, DTS neo X or dolby PLIIz. I am mostly using dts neo x cinema for movies and i love it...but i am thinking of upgrading to 7011 for atmos and DTS X and also audyssey app
Gotcha but doesn'y Dobly PLIIz only matrix the front heights from the front channels? Similar to how Dolby PLIIx matrixes the surround backs from the surround side channels. Do Audyssey DSX and DTS neo X do both of those matrixing at the same time?

Old 07-20-2016, 06:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Gotcha but doesn'y Dobly PLIIz only matrix the front heights from the front channels? Similar to how Dolby PLIIx matrixes the surround backs from the surround side channels. Do Audyssey DSX and DTS neo X do both of those matrixing at the same time?
If i use plIIz then also back surrounds are engaged as they are in the audyssey DSX decoding (it can also do/matrix height and wide simultaneously in SR7008) and DTS neo X...but to me the most natural surround sound is using DTS neo X...sometimes i use audyssey and rarely plIIz...for music the best is stereo and i also like dolby PLII

Marantz sr7008 (running 9.2 audyssey DSX, DTS:NEO X), monitor audio bx6,bx center,bx fx (4x),bx1,sub SVS sb13ultra (2x), panasonic 60asw654, LAPTOP ACER Aspire V17 Nitro Black edition
Old 07-20-2016, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommaazz View Post
If i use plIIz then also back surrounds are engaged as they are in the audyssey DSX decoding (it can also do/matrix height and wide simultaneously in SR7008) and DTS neo X...but to me the most natural surround sound is using DTS neo X...sometimes i use audyssey and rarely plIIz...for music the best is stereo and i also like dolby PLII
Got it thanks! I'll read more about those other formats. Never had to before since my current AVR doesn't support more than 7.1 and so doesn't have the capabilities. I'm really wanting to get a 9.1+ receiver so I can make use of all my wired speakers at once.

Old 07-20-2016, 07:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Got it thanks! I'll read more about those other formats. Never had to before since my current AVR doesn't support more than 7.1 and so doesn't have the capabilities. I'm really wanting to get a 9.1+ receiver so I can make use of all my wired speakers at once.
I also had at first only 5.1 on this marantz but then i started to wonder how would it sound if i add height speakers and so i added them and i liked it...then i started to wonder how would additional back surrounds sound since the receiver supports it and why would the amplifiers be idling so i also added them and now i have 9.2 ...but now i am starting to wonder how the new atmos and dts X sounds so you know what happens next 7011 here i come

Old Yesterday, 06:50 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcn View Post
Yes. The networking on mine is let's call it inconsistent.
I was also having the disappearing 7008 problem, when I finally got it to appear and open, I added the page URL to my my Favorites and now I open my favorite and there it is ready to use. I find it easier than opening Explorer and searching for it especially when a lot of times it's not there. Hope this helps
bmcn likes this.
Old Today, 05:38 PM

Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by William K View Post
I was also having the disappearing 7008 problem, when I finally got it to appear and open, I added the page URL to my my Favorites and now I open my favorite and there it is ready to use. I find it easier than opening Explorer and searching for it especially when a lot of times it's not there. Hope this helps
I've assigned mine a static IP Address, and I have now entered that IP Address into the Marantz app. So far, it has been consistently appearing in the app as a selectable device with that IP Address. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Before, I had assigned it a static IP Address but did not also enter it into the app. Kept disappearing from the app that way.

Not sure if this will have any positive impact on the dropouts I sometimes get when airplaying Pandora through it...we'll see.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Marantz Sr5008 , Marantz Sr7008 , Marantz Sr6008