The **OFFICIAL** Marantz SR5008, SR6008 and SR7008 AV Receiver Owner's Thread - Page 157 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 160Likes
post #4681 of 4760 Old 12-08-2016, 03:19 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 316 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13324 Post(s)
Liked: 6177
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemClem View Post
Thanks. Will I have access to all my input sources? I have some extra wiring under the floor to bring the signal across the room. Could I go direct out from the Zone3 (Front Wide) speaker outs? I imagine those amps would over-power my headphones (Sennheiser HD580) soon to be replaced with Oppo PM-3.

I'm just starting to think about this, sorry for the basic questions.

Yes, as long as they are connected with an analog audio cable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4682 of 4760 Unread 01-03-2017, 01:31 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I have been experiencing a strange issue with the ARC on my 7008. Periodically, the audio will drop out and the only way to get audio back is to wiggle the HDMI connector on the back of the receiver. This will sometimes fix the problem for days, and sometimes only for a second or two and we have to do it repeatedly until it resolves for a longer period of time. I believe that it is likely either the HDMI cable or the HDMI port of the AVR. I suppose it could be the TV, but I've never had to manipulate that connector to make it work.

Have any of you seen this before? Do you think it's the AVR or the cable?
post #4683 of 4760 Unread 01-04-2017, 08:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 508 Post(s)
Liked: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaked05 View Post
I have been experiencing a strange issue with the ARC on my 7008. Periodically, the audio will drop out and the only way to get audio back is to wiggle the HDMI connector on the back of the receiver. This will sometimes fix the problem for days, and sometimes only for a second or two and we have to do it repeatedly until it resolves for a longer period of time. I believe that it is likely either the HDMI cable or the HDMI port of the AVR. I suppose it could be the TV, but I've never had to manipulate that connector to make it work.

No issues with mine. Sounds like you need to swap the cable to eliminate that.

Klipsch RF-7 II's, RC-64II, RS-62 II's, RS-52 II's
PSA V3600I
Marantz SR7008 with TK421 Modification
Emotiva XPA-5
Sony XBR-75x940c with Ideal-Lume Panelight
Oppo UDP-203

post #4684 of 4760 Unread 01-05-2017, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaked05 View Post

Easy enough to replace the cable to confirm one or the other.
post #4685 of 4760 Unread 01-05-2017, 12:04 PM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Tripped again.

This happened yesterday. Another tense moment with this beast.
I was browsing thru the Internet IP page for my unit just looking at setting and I came to the last section of set up. I believe it said Network. I open it and it says updates. So I open that. (I had laready done the Pandora update with no problem.) Anyway it indicated an update for Airplay. Since I do not use Airplay (and never will) I just hit the back button on the browser. To back out like I had been doing on every other page. Well the back button did not work. The unit froze (no sound) and on the display screen on the unit said IP, then on the next line was the IP address for the unit. No buttons on the Marantz would do anything. The web page on the computer went to Web Page not found.
I waited patently because I know sometimes web commands are slightly delayed on the unit. Finally the Screen cleared and the unit powered off. I waited several more minutes and turned it back on. It worked for a few seconds then went into trip mode. Went thru this 3 times. Finally I unplugged the thing for 10 minutes and now everything is ok.
Any guesses?
Also does any one else notice that once this thing goes into trip mode you REALLY have to wait several minute to turn back on, even if you fixed the problem? It’s like the trip circuits have to cool off or something.

Music, more music.
post #4686 of 4760 Unread 01-05-2017, 12:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 508 Post(s)
Liked: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by altpensacola View Post
This happened yesterday. Another tense moment with this beast.
I was browsing thru the Internet IP page for my unit just looking at setting and I came to the last section of set up. I believe it said Network. I open it and it says updates. So I open that. (I had laready done the Pandora update with no problem.) Anyway it indicated an update for Airplay. Since I do not use Airplay (and never will) I just hit the back button on the browser. To back out like I had been doing on every other page. Well the back button did not work. The unit froze (no sound) and on the display screen on the unit said IP, then on the next line was the IP address for the unit. No buttons on the Marantz would do anything. The web page on the computer went to Web Page not found.
I waited patently because I know sometimes web commands are slightly delayed on the unit. Finally the Screen cleared and the unit powered off. I waited several more minutes and turned it back on. It worked for a few seconds then went into trip mode. Went thru this 3 times. Finally I unplugged the thing for 10 minutes and now everything is ok.
Any guesses?
Also does any one else notice that once this thing goes into trip mode you REALLY have to wait several minute to turn back on, even if you fixed the problem? It’s like the trip circuits have to cool off or something.
Mine has frozen several times and I have to unplug, but only takes 30 seconds to get it going. It hasn't happened in a long time and I'm not overly concerned about it.

Klipsch RF-7 II's, RC-64II, RS-62 II's, RS-52 II's
PSA V3600I
Marantz SR7008 with TK421 Modification
Emotiva XPA-5
Sony XBR-75x940c with Ideal-Lume Panelight
Oppo UDP-203
post #4687 of 4760 Unread 01-06-2017, 05:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Easy enough to replace the cable to confirm one or the other.
Swapped out the cable last night, but I'm going to have to give it some time because it is not a predictable or consistent issue.
post #4688 of 4760 Unread 01-09-2017, 06:06 AM
Advanced Member

Well, it looks like the cable is the culprit. I have not had a drop out in several days. I'll give it another week or so to be sure and then I'll buy a longer cable to run through my wall.
post #4689 of 4760 Unread 01-16-2017, 05:15 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey All,

I tried searching this thread, but didn't find any hits - So sorry if this has been covered.

I just purchased a used SR5008 for $500 Canadian for my father in law. Guy came and delivered it, said it was all fine - I hooked it up with him there and all did seem ok. Until about 5 minutes after he left, a large harmonic sound went through the speakers. It would still play, it would just go over the noise. I turned it off, and tried again. Now there was just a lot of heavy static from each speaker. I took everything out, so no inputs, and still there. I tried taking speaker connections out one at a time, and same thing. Even tried a different wall outlet...

Pissed because my father in law obviously doesn't want it, but the guy I bought it from said everything was fine when he had it...Any ideas on how to fix this??? Thanks in advance.
post #4690 of 4760 Unread 01-16-2017, 05:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 53
You need to start your troubleshooting with performing several factory resets in a row.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Edwin R. Hurd
AVS Forums Lurker-In-Training!

My Tight-space A/V Setup
post #4691 of 4760 Unread 01-17-2017, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibz35 View Post
Hey All,

I tried searching this thread, but didn't find any hits - So sorry if this has been covered.

I just purchased a used SR5008 for $500 Canadian for my father in law. Guy came and delivered it, said it was all fine - I hooked it up with him there and all did seem ok. Until about 5 minutes after he left, a large harmonic sound went through the speakers. It would still play, it would just go over the noise. I turned it off, and tried again. Now there was just a lot of heavy static from each speaker. I took everything out, so no inputs, and still there. I tried taking speaker connections out one at a time, and same thing. Even tried a different wall outlet...

Pissed because my father in law obviously doesn't want it, but the guy I bought it from said everything was fine when he had it...Any ideas on how to fix this??? Thanks in advance.
Whenever you purchase a used item, it's always wise to reset the microprocessor (p. 200 Owner's manual) a few times in a row to ensure all of the previous owner's settings have been erased and the unit has been returned to factory default settings. If a power strip is being used, take it out of the loop and connect directly to the wall outlet. If still no joy, try moving it as far as possible away from the TV and try again.
erhurd likes this.
post #4692 of 4760 Unread 01-19-2017, 07:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Question ARC makes receiver stubborn

I have an ARC problem I hope someone can help me with.

I have an SR5008 receiver, and I just got an LG television. As before, I have my sources (satellite, Blu-ray, DVD, and occasionally an old Xbox) connected to the Marantz, and then that connects from the receiver's HDMI ARC monitor out to the television's ARC HDMI input.

I can hear the Blu-ray or satellite audio just fine when selecting the appropriate input on the receiver (haven't tried the other two yet), and the video appears on the TV.

When using an app on the TV, I didn't get any sound sent back to the receiver even when I set the receiver input on TV audio.

I tinkered around and discovered that if I go into the receiver's Video menu, under HDMI, and enable HDMI control, I can hear audio that is originating from the TV (testing with the YouTube app).

The problem is when I exited the app, and put the TV back on the input connected to the receiver (actually, it reverted back to it automatically), the receiver insisted on being on the Blu-ray source. I pressed the cable/sat button, and the little round front panel display briefly said cable/sat, but then it immediately reverted to Blu-ray. The TV seems to correctly relinquish its audio connection to the receiver, but then the receiver won't let me choose anything but Blu-ray.

Only when I turned off HDMI control in the receiver's menu could I once again choose whatever source I wanted the receiver to deliver to the TV. But then I no longer could get sound from a TV app.

Is there some obvious thing I'm missing that will let me choose whatever source I want at the Marantz? Why would it insist on Blu-ray like that?

Maybe I'll end up having to go with an optical cable to deliver sound from the TV to the receiver. Sounds like some people prefer that method anyway. This is my first crack at using ARC, and I'm learning it can be a little finicky. I've got a toslink cable and fresh HDMI cable on the way.
post #4693 of 4760 Unread 01-19-2017, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddR View Post
I have an ARC problem I hope someone can help me with.

I have an SR5008 receiver, and I just got an LG television. As before, I have my sources (satellite, Blu-ray, DVD, and occasionally an old Xbox) connected to the Marantz, and then that connects from the receiver's HDMI ARC monitor out to the television's ARC HDMI input.

I can hear the Blu-ray or satellite audio just fine when selecting the appropriate input on the receiver (haven't tried the other two yet), and the video appears on the TV.

When using an app on the TV, I didn't get any sound sent back to the receiver even when I set the receiver input on TV audio.

I tinkered around and discovered that if I go into the receiver's Video menu, under HDMI, and enable HDMI control, I can hear audio that is originating from the TV (testing with the YouTube app).

The problem is when I exited the app, and put the TV back on the input connected to the receiver (actually, it reverted back to it automatically), the receiver insisted on being on the Blu-ray source. I pressed the cable/sat button, and the little round front panel display briefly said cable/sat, but then it immediately reverted to Blu-ray. The TV seems to correctly relinquish its audio connection to the receiver, but then the receiver won't let me choose anything but Blu-ray.

Only when I turned off HDMI control in the receiver's menu could I once again choose whatever source I wanted the receiver to deliver to the TV. But then I no longer could get sound from a TV app.

Is there some obvious thing I'm missing that will let me choose whatever source I want at the Marantz? Why would it insist on Blu-ray like that?

Maybe I'll end up having to go with an optical cable to deliver sound from the TV to the receiver. Sounds like some people prefer that method anyway. This is my first crack at using ARC, and I'm learning it can be a little finicky. I've got a toslink cable and fresh HDMI cable on the way.

HDMI Control must be enabled on the AVR for HDMI(ARC) to work, although as you are aware, does not always work as desired. If the Blu Ray player has an HDMI-CEC setting, set it to OFF instead, otherwise, the optical cable is the next option instead of HDMI(ARC) resulting in no lesser audio quality.
post #4694 of 4760 Unread 01-19-2017, 05:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
HDMI Control must be enabled on the AVR for HDMI(ARC) to work, although as you are aware, does not always work as desired. If the Blu Ray player has an HDMI-CEC setting, set it to OFF instead, otherwise, the optical cable is the next option instead of HDMI(ARC) resulting in no lesser audio quality.
That feature was indeed turned on in my Sony Blu-ray player's options. I turned it off, and now it seems to be behaving. Thank you!
post #4695 of 4760 Unread 01-27-2017, 11:30 PM

Liked: 11
Hi All,
It's been a long time since I posted. I am trying to play my 7008 with airplay through my Imac. This used to work, but it has been several years since I have tried it and now it doesn't seem to work. I have the latest firmware and the imac is connected to the same network via cable as the 7008.

All SEEMS to work except that when the aiplay function starts, it sets the 7008 to Network mode and shuts off my external AMPS, hence NO sound. The switching all seems to be fine, but I can't figure out why the 7008 is switching OFF my external amps when it goes into Network mode. Any help would be appreciated as I just spent 5 hours on this and can't seem to figure out the culprit.

Best,

Mark

PS I am using both Amarra and/or Audirvana for audio playback.

Last edited by AceMT; 01-27-2017 at 11:44 PM.
post #4696 of 4760 Unread 01-28-2017, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMT View Post
Hi All,
It's been a long time since I posted. I am trying to play my 7008 with airplay through my Imac. This used to work, but it has been several years since I have tried it and now it doesn't seem to work. I have the latest firmware and the imac is connected to the same network via cable as the 7008.

All SEEMS to work except that when the aiplay function starts, it sets the 7008 to Network mode and shuts off my external AMPS, hence NO sound. The switching all seems to be fine, but I can't figure out why the 7008 is switching OFF my external amps when it goes into Network mode. Any help would be appreciated as I just spent 5 hours on this and can't seem to figure out the culprit.

Best,

Mark

PS I am using both Amarra and/or Audirvana for audio playback.
When it "used to work" were you using Amarra/Audirvana? If not, try taking them out of the loop and see if straight Airplay works. Are you using external amps for all speakers? How are the amps powered on (eg. 12v DC)?
post #4697 of 4760 Unread 01-28-2017, 07:17 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
When it "used to work" were you using Amarra/Audirvana? If not, try taking them out of the loop and see if straight Airplay works. Are you using external amps for all speakers? How are the amps powered on (eg. 12v DC)?
Yes, i was using theose 2 previously as well. Same problem just using Itunes. All speakers are on External except for surrounds, and they are on 12V triggers. It seems as though I need to select a media player under network, but when I scan through the devices only the SONOS syestem components are showing up and NOT the IMAC. How can this just stop working?

When I select the Marantz receiver under airplay, I can hear everything click over. The selection changes to Network but the Amps turn off. I can see the song playing, (counter moving) on Itunes, but it just shows 00:00 on the Marantz screen.

Thanks,

MArk

UPDATE: Tried it with my iPhone this morning to see whta happened. Everything the same EXCEPT that the counter now plays on the MArantz and shows the Song name. Still no music as the Amps are still switched off. Tried Pure Direct just for a shot, but since the fronts are powered by the Amps, same problem. This is driving me crazy. Why are the Amps not triggering in Network Mode?

UPDATE 2: After finally getting some sleep, I awoke with more ideas (not sure if I really ever slept!) So it turns out that during one of my updates 2or so years ago, I had to reset the receiver. With that reset, Trigger mode enabled was deselected with Network. Enabling that again solved everything. All works as before now.

Thanks

Mark

Last edited by AceMT; 01-28-2017 at 07:55 AM.
post #4698 of 4760 Unread 02-14-2017, 06:00 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Is there a way to save an Audysey calibration so that I can reload it later? Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SAMSUNG UN607150- OPPO BDP 103D- PSA 210T L/R -PHANTOM CENTER -ENERGY RC-10 SURROUNDS -PSA S3000i - MARANTZ SR7008 - APPLE TV -MONSTER POWER HTS2600MK -DIRECTV GENIE -HARMONY ELITE

BASEMENT SETUP- SAMSUNG UN466500- ENERGY 50'S L/R -PSA S1801- DENON-AVR-3311CI- PS3 -APPLETV- MINI GENIE
post #4699 of 4760 Unread 02-14-2017, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tang7969 View Post
Is there a way to save an Audysey calibration so that I can reload it later? Thank you

Yup. Use the Web Control SAVE/LOAD feature on your SR7008 (p. 138 Owner's Manual).
post #4700 of 4760 Unread 02-14-2017, 06:40 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Quote:
Yup. Use the Web Control SAVE/LOAD feature on your SR7008 (p. 138 Owner's Manual).

Thank you so much that worked! I'm assuming you can only save one setting?

SAMSUNG UN607150- OPPO BDP 103D- PSA 210T L/R -PHANTOM CENTER -ENERGY RC-10 SURROUNDS -PSA S3000i - MARANTZ SR7008 - APPLE TV -MONSTER POWER HTS2600MK -DIRECTV GENIE -HARMONY ELITE

BASEMENT SETUP- SAMSUNG UN466500- ENERGY 50'S L/R -PSA S1801- DENON-AVR-3311CI- PS3 -APPLETV- MINI GENIE
post #4701 of 4760 Unread 02-14-2017, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tang7969 View Post
Thank you so much that worked! I'm assuming you can only save one setting?

You can save as many EQ's as you want ....simply give each one a unique name different than the original Saved name. Then when you're ready to use it, rename it to the original name so the SR7008 can recognize it. Also, important to note that not all files SAVE correctly (ie. if all 0's as viewed by a hex editor than the SAVE is not valid and won't LOAD) so best to try to LOAD it after the SAVE to confirm it will LOAD.
post #4702 of 4760 Unread 02-15-2017, 09:11 AM

Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
hi JD -

Odd...when I access the setup menu in my browser, I don't see any option to 'save' like the manual suggests. I just see the Audio, Video, inputs, etc. menu structure I usually see on my TV when accessing the receiver...what am I missing here? Where is 'save'...thanks!

post #4703 of 4760 Unread 02-15-2017, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgterm View Post
hi JD -

Odd...when I access the setup menu in my browser, I don't see any option to 'save' like the manual suggests. I just see the Audio, Video, inputs, etc. menu structure I usually see on my TV when accessing the receiver...what am I missing here? Where is 'save'...thanks!

Refer to item (5) in my post linked below ....

The 'Official' 2014 Denon "S Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ
post #4704 of 4760 Unread 02-15-2017, 09:56 AM

Quote:

Thank you for trying, but i can't get any of those workarounds to work in IE 11 or in Chrome. The .asp urls go to a page that cannot be found, and there is no Save choice under General in the menus.

So, if ive done a memory save on the unit itself, is there any additional value in trying to get the browser save to work?

post #4705 of 4760 Unread 02-15-2017, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Thank you for trying, but i can't get any of those workarounds to work in IE 11 or in Chrome. The .asp urls go to a page that cannot be found, and there is no Save choice under General in the menus.

So, if ive done a memory save on the unit itself, is there any additional value in trying to get the browser save to work?

And you tried the "Compatibility View" mode?

Don't recall if the on board Back Up Memory function also saves the Audyssey setup or not.
post #4706 of 4760 Unread 02-15-2017, 11:34 AM

Quote:

Don't recall if the on board Back Up Memory function also saves the Audyssey setup or not.

I did. I added the IP address to compatibility view settings and it still doesn't give me a Save option. Does it matter if I have assigned a static IP address to the 7008? Shouldn't, right?

post #4707 of 4760 Unread 02-15-2017, 11:36 AM

The **OFFICIAL** Marantz SR5008, SR6008 and SR7008 AV Receiver Owner's Thread

Quote:

Hold on...I had the window open to full screen...when I made the window smaller Save/load appeared...what?

It worked! Thanks, JD.

bmcn likes this.

Last edited by Tgterm; 02-15-2017 at 11:46 AM.
post #4708 of 4760 Unread 02-15-2017, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Hold on...I had the window open to full screen...when I made the window smaller Save/load appeared...what?

It worked! Thanks, JD.

post #4709 of 4760 Unread 02-24-2017, 02:29 PM

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Since I have plugged xfinity x1 into the HDMI of my tv, I'm not able to get the sound of my tv through my Marantz 6008. Earlier, I used to get the movies on Nextflix played via Marantz to my speakers but now if I select the Tv/Audio option on Marantz, it doesn't play the sound through speakers. Is there any fix to this problem?
post #4710 of 4760 Unread 02-27-2017, 07:20 AM

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrixman18 View Post
Since I have plugged xfinity x1 into the HDMI of my tv, I'm not able to get the sound of my tv through my Marantz 6008. Earlier, I used to get the movies on Nextflix played via Marantz to my speakers but now if I select the Tv/Audio option on Marantz, it doesn't play the sound through speakers. Is there any fix to this problem?
Not a very complete description, but you need to get the sound out of the TV somehow. If you are using the TV as the hub, then it can be done with a digital audio cable. You will need to set the various assignments correclty.

====
JS9500, MRX1120, Oppo 103D, XboneS, DirecTV, Harmony Hubs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Sr5008 , Marantz Sr7008 , Marantz Sr6008
Gear in this thread