The **OFFICIAL** Marantz SR5008, SR6008 and SR7008 AV Receiver Owner's Thread - Page 61 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1801 of 2719 Old 03-22-2014, 09:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by klh1790 View Post

Dude, I'm STILL struggling with bass output of my 7008. The only reason I'm not returning it and using my old AVR is sound quality. Audyssey XT32 sounds unbelievably good on my Def Tech 8060 system, but like you said, it "wants" to be in small/80hz mode to sound best. Idk why these new AVRs take away the bass from tower speakers when you have a sub or two. At least in any sound mode besides pure direct. As if everyone just has small bookshelf monitors w/ subs. I'm determined to figure this tower bass problem out with my 7008, but at its price point that shouldn't be taking me the week of troubleshooting effort I've put in already. Other than sound quality and features, I'm not a happy Marantz customer.

I have the same problem you have but with different speakers (Polk Audio LSiM 705). If you see pictures of my setup you can conclude that our problem is most related to room shape than anything else. Like you my speakers are inside a niche and for some reason Audyssey does not like speakers in niches. Let me tell you that this is not a problem related with Marantz or Audyssey XT32 because I had the same result with my previous AVR which was an Onkyo TX-NR809 with Audyssey XT.

Take a look at the EQ that Audyssey sets to my main speakers:

Fortunately I have two F12SE taking care of bass, so not a big deal for me.

Best Regards,

Enrico Castagnetti
Rythmik Audio

My Multimedia Room Gallery

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1802 of 2719 Old 03-22-2014, 11:41 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post

I have the same problem you have but with different speakers (Polk Audio LSiM 705). If you see pictures of my setup you can conclude that our problem is most related to room shape than anything else. Like you my speakers are inside a niche and for some reason Audyssey does not like speakers in niches. Let me tell you that this is not a problem related with Marantz or Audyssey XT32 because I had the same result with my previous AVR which was an Onkyo TX-NR809 with Audyssey XT.

See, I knew I wasn't crazy. My main speaker Audyssey EQs look a lot like that. I have a Rythmik FV15HP-SE and even that thing sounds thin with the SR7008. My room shape, size, and concrete/glass architecture is funky, but my old HK AVR cranked bass out of my towers and Rythmik with no problem. So yeah, it must be Audyssey itself that's the bass thief now. Not sure what to do. I have until tomorrow night to return this Marantz.
post #1803 of 2719 Old 03-22-2014, 11:57 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:

Quote:

Dude, I'm STILL struggling with bass output of my 7008. The only reason I'm not returning it and using my old AVR is sound quality. Audyssey XT32 sounds unbelievably good on my Def Tech 8060 system, but like you said, it "wants" to be in small/80hz mode to sound best. Idk why these new AVRs take away the bass from tower speakers when you have a sub or two. At least in any sound mode besides pure direct. As if everyone just has small bookshelf monitors w/ subs. I'm determined to figure this tower bass problem out with my 7008, but at its price point that shouldn't be taking me the week of troubleshooting effort I've put in already. Other than sound quality and features, I'm not a happy Marantz customer.

Enrico,

You may already be in pretty good shape on this, but I see a couple of things you can try if you want to. Audyssey is trying to reduce distortion, and the walls of your niche are creating first reflections that it has trouble dealing with. From your post, you know that. But there are some things you can do to help. First, I would move the main speakers forward 3" or 4" -- just enough so that the leading edge of the speakers clears the wall edge. Second, I would try toeing-in the speakers just slightly toward the MLP. You can experiment to see whether a little, a lot, or no toe-in works best. But anything that gets them a little more away from the walls (and slightly toward you) should help. Third, try moving them just a little closer to your screen. Again, even an inch or two would help. Rerun XT-32 and you should hear an immediate improvement.

If you want to go a step further, try adding acoustic panels between the side walls of the niche and your Polks. ATS Acoustics makes some very good acoustic panels in a variety of sizes. They are very reasonably priced and matte black is one of the standard color choices. You can also go custom for a little classier look (I used micro suede) for a slight upgrade in cost. They have standard sizes that should work for you and custom sizes as well. I would recommend the 4" thickness. http://www.atsacoustics.com/cat--ATS-Acoustic-Panels--100.html I believe that acoustic panels or some other simple treatment, would be very helpful in reducing first reflections from the side walls of your niche.

I installed some of these behind some very large floor speakers with wood paneled walls behind them. Even though I had the speakers pulled away from the walls as far as I reasonably could, I knew I had to be getting reflection (ie distortion) from the walls. When I put the panels behind the speakers and turned on my system I was immediately struck by how the volume level had gone down at the same MVL setting. Well Duh! Even though at an intellectual level I knew I had to be getting distortion, my brain had been interpreting that distortion as volume. I simply increased the volume level and enjoyed my clearer sound. Our brains are funny in the way they interpret sound. Just as we can tune out distractions to focus on a particular voice saying something we really want to hear, so apparently can we interpret distortion as volume.

25 or 30 years ago, before subwoofers were around, people used to put their speakers angled into a corner. Some speaker manufacturers even recommended that as a way to improve bass response. (Of course, I never did anything like that rolleyes.gif). Well, it did make the bass louder and more boomy sounding, but at the expense of clarity and accuracy. It is that clarity that Audyssey and other room correction systems are trying to provide: accuracy at reference levels. But clear sound may seem quieter, so we may then need to boost either our master volume or something like the subwoofer volume to season the sound to our personal preference. Fortunately, Marantz makes that easy in the Audio control section. I hope you don't mind if I am telling you things you already know in this post. I find this subject interesting.
post #1804 of 2719 Old 03-22-2014, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

mthomas, thanks for the advise. I'll do that for sure next week after installing a new external amp. Also considering adding a Michael Green Audio RoomTune kit to help with corners reflections.

Best Regards,

Enrico Castagnetti
Rythmik Audio

post #1805 of 2719 Old 03-22-2014, 12:36 PM

Liked: 10
My Sr5008 12v trigger remains on even after I've powered down with the power switch. I think it worked properly before but now I have to pull the trigger cable to power down the pass though pre for the front speakers.
Thanks
post #1806 of 2719 Old 03-22-2014, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terclo View Post

My Sr5008 12v trigger remains on even after I've powered down with the power switch. I think it worked properly before but now I have to pull the trigger cable to power down the pass though pre for the front speakers.
Thanks

Check that Zone 2 is not ON.

Best Regards,

Enrico Castagnetti
Rythmik Audio

post #1807 of 2719 Old 03-22-2014, 01:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My new SR7008 arrived today and will be planning to install it tomorrow. It is replacing a Pioneer SC-55.

I have a question regarding my speaker setup. I am using Definitive Technology speakers, specifically BP7000SC front towers and the 2500 center channel. All three of these have built in powered subwoofers. I don't have a separate free standing subwoofer. I have a standard pair of rear surrounds (no subwoofer in them).

The Pioneer SC-55 didn't do bass management so I had a Velodyne SMS-1 installed and handled the bass output for my front towers. With the SR7008 being able to do bass management, I am not planning on incorporating the Velodyne SMS-1 into the set up anymore.

My question is regarding the Audyssey XT32 setup and how to best configuring my speakers. I am thinking I should just set my C/L/R all to "Large", direct wire them to the receiver (this lets the speaker handle the crossover to the sub), set my surrounds to "Small", set the sub-woofer gain knob on the back of the C/L/R to the middle (12 O'clock) position and let the calibration handle the rest. Correct? Or should I be doing something different.

Thanks.
post #1808 of 2719 Old 03-22-2014, 01:30 PM

Liked: 41
Quote:

See, I knew I wasn't crazy. My main speaker Audyssey EQs look a lot like that. I have a Rythmik FV15HP-SE and even that thing sounds thin with the SR7008. My room shape, size, and concrete/glass architecture is funky, but my old HK AVR cranked bass out of my towers and Rythmik with no problem. So yeah, it must be Audyssey itself that's the bass thief now. Not sure what to do. I have until tomorrow night to return this Marantz.

I always knew Audyssey is the reason you don't like the new sound. I personally don't just absolutely love audyssey as much as other guys on here but I do think it is very important. I take that I will gain appreciation later on when I move (out of this house). My current room is a spacious basement but there is this pocket that swallows some of the sound from the Right tower.

There are a lot of variables with your current system. For one, you have bipolar towers that are in their own cove. Also, you have 2 included subs also in that cove. You have another awesome sub thats outside (and probably in a very ideal position). I guess I was trying to suggest you should take your EQ and setup process one step at a time to isolate what is causing your sound issue.

Remove the Rhythmik temporarily and run the EQ without it, and then re-run with it. I would try a few different things to see what it is that you really dont like.

I would consider moving the 15" sub somewhere else in the room too, if possible. The sound you may have been used to may not be "flat response" and you and Audyssey may always disagree.

AVR: Marantz 7008 Phono: Pro-Ject Debut III Speakers: BW CMC2 + 2xCM9 + Energy 2xCB-10 (rear)
TV: Panasonic 65ZT60
post #1809 of 2719 Old 03-22-2014, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Just placed order for two ATS Acoustic Panels 24x36x2 that I'm going to put between the speaker and the side wall. I hope this helps wink.gif

Best Regards,

Enrico Castagnetti
Rythmik Audio

post #1810 of 2719 Old 03-22-2014, 03:02 PM

Quote:

Just placed order for two ATS Acoustic Panels 24x36x2 that I'm going to put between the speaker and the side wall. I hope this helps wink.gif

Enrico,

That sounds great! The combination of pulling the speakers a little forward, and the panels, should definitely help. But I would really go with the 4" panels if I were you. The 2" panels will help with the higher and mid-range frequencies, but not as much with the lower frequencies. From your pictures, it appears that you have room for the thicker ones. They can touch the speakers on the sides. Please let me know how everything works out.

Regards,
Mike
post #1811 of 2719 Old 03-22-2014, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

OK, got it. Just placed another order for two 24x36x4 panels and requested cancellation of previous order. With the 4" panel I'll have only 3/4" clearance between the speaker and the ATS panel.

Best Regards,

Enrico Castagnetti
Rythmik Audio

post #1812 of 2719 Old 03-22-2014, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidawgz View Post

I always knew Audyssey is the reason you don't like the new sound. I personally don't just absolutely love audyssey as much as other guys on here but I do think it is very important. I take that I will gain appreciation later on when I move (out of this house). My current room is a spacious basement but there is this pocket that swallows some of the sound from the Right tower.

There are a lot of variables with your current system. For one, you have bipolar towers that are in their own cove. Also, you have 2 included subs also in that cove. You have another awesome sub thats outside (and probably in a very ideal position). I guess I was trying to suggest you should take your EQ and setup process one step at a time to isolate what is causing your sound issue.

Remove the Rhythmik temporarily and run the EQ without it, and then re-run with it. I would try a few different things to see what it is that you really dont like.

I would consider moving the 15" sub somewhere else in the room too, if possible. The sound you may have been used to may not be "flat response" and you and Audyssey may always disagree.

I see what you mean as far as flat response. For mids and highs it's astounding, but for my situation with two tower subs and a "true subwoofer" I'm not a fan of the bass I'm losing. 1350 combined watts of subs in my little 525sq/ft studio loft should lift me off my couch. My room or speaker placement isn't the problem for bass. As I stated before, my old HK receiver let all these large speakers sound like what I paid for, large. I understand Audyssey pushing for flat speaker response, but for those of us who paid for large/powered mains, centers, and subs it's down right heartbreaking to hear their bass forcibly reduced to small speaker sound. Don't get me wrong though, XT32's clarity is world class. It'll hurt the audiophile in me to return this SR7008, but my inner basshead can't take this. My subs wanna sub. I've tried everything for almost 2 weeks now. I have no room to move speakers around and never needed to with the HK. I guess Audyssey just isn't for me. Here's an image of my setup sans the bipolar DT surrounds you can't see. I'm in a studio loft. No room and no need to move things. We're not all lucky enough(I wish)to have space for dual subs, sub crawls, placement options, etc. I just thought the whole point of room correction software was to help you make the best of what you got. Maybe not with tower/sub combos though.

post #1813 of 2719 Old 03-22-2014, 04:54 PM

You are a man of action! tongue.gif I actually have the panels touching on a couple of my speakers and that works fine. I didn't want to put brackets in my wood paneling, so I have the panels freestanding and held in place by the speakers. I think you will like the 4" panels much better.
post #1814 of 2719 Old 03-22-2014, 05:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:

I see what you mean as far as flat response. For mids and highs it's astounding, but for my situation with two tower subs and a "true subwoofer" I'm not a fan of the bass I'm losing. 1350 combined watts of subs in my little 525sq/ft studio loft should lift me off my couch. My room or speaker placement isn't the problem for bass. As I stated before, my old HK receiver let all these large speakers sound like what I paid for, large. I understand Audyssey pushing for flat speaker response, but for those of us who paid for large/powered mains, centers, and subs it's down right heartbreaking to hear their bass forcibly reduced to small speaker sound. Don't get me wrong though, XT32's clarity is world class. It'll hurt the audiophile in me to return this SR7008, but my inner basshead can't take this. My subs wanna sub. I've tried everything for almost 2 weeks now. I have no room to move speakers around and never needed to with the HK. I guess Audyssey just isn't for me. Here's an image of my setup sans the bipolar DT surrounds you can't see. I'm in a studio loft. No room and no need to move things. We're not all lucky enough(I wish)to have space for dual subs, sub crawls, placement options, etc. I just thought the whole point of room correction software was to help you make the best of what you got. Maybe not with tower/sub combos though.

Your sub is too small. smile.gif

post #1815 of 2719 Old 03-22-2014, 05:49 PM

Liked: 41
Quote:

If volume is the issue then you can manually raise the level of your subs. Post the levels Audyssey decided for your Fronts Center and Subwoofer... should be "-3.5db" etc. You can just turn the gain knob up too. Have you already tried that?

If your issue is: Audyssey will not let your sub reach down as low in freq as it used to go then you may have a bass placement issue. Despite how it worked with the HK I would move things around slightly to see if results differ. This doesn't have to be a drastic move, but its worth a try.

Your DT tower subs fire to the left correct? So both subs are aimed at your Rhythmik?

AVR: Marantz 7008 Phono: Pro-Ject Debut III Speakers: BW CMC2 + 2xCM9 + Energy 2xCB-10 (rear)
TV: Panasonic 65ZT60
post #1816 of 2719 Old 03-22-2014, 05:54 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:

XT32 works great with tower/sub combos (in my case anyway), yours is not a typical setup (bipolar speakers with internal powered subs and outboard powered sub).

As far as your problem, have you tried this...

Run Audyssey as you have been doing.
Afterwards, instead of using the LFE input on the Rythmik, use the Line-in input. This will re-enable the Phase, Crossover and Low Pass Slope controls on the sub amplifier.
On the Rythmik:
Set the Phase to 0 (only change if you have to)
Set the Crossover to 50 (to start with, experiment and adjust to taste).
Set the Low Pass Slope to 50hz/24.

In the AVR audio controls:
Set your front speakers to Large (Audyssey/AVR probably set them to Large initially). Keep in mind you will lose the ability to set the XO for the fronts (should show as Full Band for the front XO).

So, this should send a full range signal to your fronts (including the internal subs) which will play to their natural roll-off, wherever that is. The Rythmik will also receive a full range signal but you will use the sub's amplifier XO control to determine where the Rythmik should start augmenting the fronts. Adjust the sub trim in the AVR according to taste.

The downside is you won't really be getting a flat response down low (but it sounds like this is not one of your goals). Also, the fronts may begin to distort if the source content contains material that the fronts can't handle, but this will depend on how the fronts were designed to handle this type of material.

...or not. smile.gif

Salk SongTowers-RAAL / SongCenter-RAAL / SongSurrounds; Rythmik F12 (x2); Denon AVR-4520CI; D-Sonic M2-800S; Oppo BDP93; Panny 65VT50; Schiit Audio Valhalla; Sennheiser HD600; BJC everywhere
WDTV Live Hub; Xbox 360; Harmony One; Furman Elite-15 PFi; Omnimic v2 & REW; CalMAN 5; i1 Display Pro 3; i1 Pro2
post #1817 of 2719 Old 03-22-2014, 06:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Want more bass? Set the tower amps and center to 50% and let Audyssey run. Save settings. Now set towers and center to small with a crossover @ 40hz. Bump up the LFE/Subwoofer channel level 5db and turn you tower and center amps up until you get what you want. It should be literally that simple.

Hear me now, Listen to me later....
post #1818 of 2719 Old 03-22-2014, 06:23 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Grooms View Post

Want more bass? Set the tower amps and center to 50% and let Audyssey run. Save settings. Now set towers and center to small with a crossover @ 40hz. Bump up the LFE/Subwoofer channel level 5db and turn you tower and center amps up until you get what you want. It should be literally that simple.

I would agree with everything here except I would still argue to keep your speakers set to Small crossed over at 80 hz. The reason I say 80 is that anything below that will go to your subs. If you crossed the speakers at 40, then anything above that will come out of your speakers and not your sub.

Once I ran Audyssey XT32 and Sub EQ for my Aperion Audio Verus Grands and 2 Rythmik FV15HP's, I bumped my subs up 5 db like Tom said and that gave me back the bass I wanted. However, it took a little bit of listening to the new clean bass compared to a little more boomy bass I was used to. After having the Rythmik's and running Audyssey, I won't go back to anything but servo subs!
post #1819 of 2719 Old 03-22-2014, 06:29 PM
AVS Special Member

I agree 100% on the 80hz thing but he wants to hear his powered towers RUMBLE.

If the above doesn't get you the bass you need, set it to LFE+Main and I guarantee you'll have more bass than you'll know what to do with....

post #1820 of 2719 Old 03-22-2014, 06:33 PM
AVS Special Member

I cross these 100+ lb monsters over at 80hz.

post #1821 of 2719 Old 03-23-2014, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutter View Post

My new SR7008 arrived today and will be planning to install it tomorrow. It is replacing a Pioneer SC-55.

I have a question regarding my speaker setup. I am using Definitive Technology speakers, specifically BP7000SC front towers and the 2500 center channel. All three of these have built in powered subwoofers. I don't have a separate free standing subwoofer. I have a standard pair of rear surrounds (no subwoofer in them).

The Pioneer SC-55 didn't do bass management so I had a Velodyne SMS-1 installed and handled the bass output for my front towers. With the SR7008 being able to do bass management, I am not planning on incorporating the Velodyne SMS-1 into the set up anymore.

My question is regarding the Audyssey XT32 setup and how to best configuring my speakers. I am thinking I should just set my C/L/R all to "Large", direct wire them to the receiver (this lets the speaker handle the crossover to the sub), set my surrounds to "Small", set the sub-woofer gain knob on the back of the C/L/R to the middle (12 O'clock) position and let the calibration handle the rest. Correct? Or should I be doing something different.

Thanks.

I was thinking that someone else with powered speakers might want to answer, but that set-up sounds right to me. It sounds as if you have already read the Audyssey FAQ, so you know that if you don't like the levels you get after running Audyssey (-12, for instance), you can always back-off the gain a little and try again. If you run into any problems, someone should be able to help, but I think the best general advice is to be meticulous in your set-up and in the way you run Audyssey, and then don't be afraid to experiment a little to get the sound you prefer.
post #1822 of 2719 Old 03-23-2014, 05:54 AM

That did it! Thanks!
post #1823 of 2719 Old 03-23-2014, 05:55 AM

Liked: 12
Yeah sorry for my post last night as I didn't fully read through your circumstance and thought you had a free standing subwoofer smile.gif
post #1824 of 2719 Old 03-23-2014, 11:34 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:

Where do you access these graphics of the Audyssey EQ settings? I haven't seen that anywhere on my 7008.
post #1825 of 2719 Old 03-23-2014, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Go to: SETUP / SPEAKERS / AUDYSSEY SETUP / CHECK RESULTS / EQUALIZERS / then select either AUDYSSEY or AUDYSSEY FLAT curves

Best Regards,

Enrico Castagnetti
Rythmik Audio

post #1826 of 2719 Old 03-23-2014, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthomas47 View Post

I was thinking that someone else with powered speakers might want to answer, but that set-up sounds right to me. It sounds as if you have already read the Audyssey FAQ, so you know that if you don't like the levels you get after running Audyssey (-12, for instance), you can always back-off the gain a little and try again. If you run into any problems, someone should be able to help, but I think the best general advice is to be meticulous in your set-up and in the way you run Audyssey, and then don't be afraid to experiment a little to get the sound you prefer.

So got things hooked up today with the powered DefTech towers and center channel. Turned subwoofer off in the setting receiver settings,and ran the Audyssey setup. After running it kept the Center and Front speakers at Large and set the surrounds to small with 60 Hz crossover.

If I didn't have a third subwoofer in my Center Channel, I could have run one LFE cable from each sub-output on the Marantz to the powered front speakers, but with the third subwoofer there was no way to do this. Hence the decision to not run any LFE cables, simply run the regular speaker cables and set the speakers to Large.

I haven't had a chance to try much yet but watched Aviator Bluray (only had DD audio) but dialogue really crisp and clear and other scenes seemed well balanced. Going to have to try something punchier next with DTS-MA to see how that sounds.

Definitely had to turn the volume knob up a little higher compared to Pioneer SC-55 but had read that this would be the case. Also was surprised at the lack of DSP modes. After coming off Pioneer and Yamaha receivers I was used to boat loads of DSP modes.

I'm going to play around a bit more this week and put it through its paces. If it get a chance I will post calibration results just to see what people think. Initial impression is that this was the right way to set things up.
post #1827 of 2719 Old 03-24-2014, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutter View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthomas47 View Post

So got things hooked up today with the powered DefTech towers and center channel. Turned subwoofer off in the setting receiver settings,and ran the Audyssey setup with the tt
I haven't had a chance to try much yet but watched Aviator Bluray (only had DD audio) but dialogue really crisp and clear and other scenes seemed well balanced. Going to have to try something punchier next with DTS-MA to see how that sounds

Definitely had to turn the volume knob up a little higher compared to Pioneer SC-55 but had read that this would be the case. Also was surprised at the lack of DSP modes. After coming off Pioneer and Yamaha receivers I was used to boat loads of DSP modes.
t
I 'me going to play around a bitg more this week and put it through its paces. If it get a chance I will post calibration results.

It will be interesting to see your results and hear your impressions. I am sort of used to Marantz, so I forget about the unique DSP modes that some manufactures offer. Marantz is pretty straightforward in what it provides, but I think you will still find enough flavors to keep you busy experimenting for a while.
Kutter likes this.
post #1828 of 2719 Old 03-24-2014, 11:13 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Just ordered my 7008 to replace my dead Onkyo 3007. One question I can't seem to find on the manual or website- the 'flasher in' port on the back, I'm assuming that's a 3.5mm jack for IR extender? I use a harmony ultimate to control everything since it's out of sight from my main viewing position. Right now I have a 3.5mm cable from the ultimate hub to the onkyo and then another from the onkyo to my oppo BR player. I realize I'm loosing the IR output, I don't see one on the back of the 7008, but I'm hoping the 'flasher' refers to IR codes. I see the "remote" jacks but those look like RCA jacks and not 3.5mm jacks.

Can't wait to get this up and running. I am hoping I don't miss the THX modes from my onkyo. I found myself reaching for THX Cinema more often than not, but the 7008 just had everything else I was looking for other than the THX modes.
post #1829 of 2719 Old 03-24-2014, 11:51 AM
mnc
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Does Marantz announce it's upcoming models around the same time as Denon?

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
post #1830 of 2719 Old 03-24-2014, 12:30 PM

Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnc View Post

Does Marantz announce it's upcoming models around the same time as Denon?

April / May

Pioneer just announced HDMI 2.0 in its receivers, look for the same from Marantz and others.

7.2 with Thiel Power Points, twin Seaton Submersive F2's in Espresso. Krell Showcase Amp, Marantz Pre-Pro, Richard Grey Power, Control 4 Home Automation, lots of Blue Jean Cables, Oppo 103D, Sony DVD 777 400 Disc Changer and Samsung Plasma 64" 8500 all in a Salamander Synergy 247 in Walnut.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Sr5008 , Marantz Sr7008 , Marantz Sr6008
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page