Quote:Originally Posted by tractng
Got it. I have an emotiva 5 channel amp. I am trying to clean up my device and go with less equipment. My fronts are Kef LS50 with the following spec:. Before I had mirage omd 28 towers, hence the reason I got the the external amp. I am assuming the 7008 would be fine without an external amp. Usage are 50/50 music/HT. Room is 13x20x8. Sub is JL F113, rears are tiny satellite minx11. I only have a 5.1 setup.
HF: 25mm (1in.) vented aluminium dome
• MF: 130mm (5.25in.) magnesium/ aluminium alloy
• Crossover frequencies: 2.2kHz
• Frequency response (±3dB): 79Hz - 28 kHz
• Frequency range (-6dB): 47Hz - 45kHz
• Maximum output (SPL): 106dB
• Sensitivity (2.83V/1m): 85dB
• Amp Requirements: 25-100w
• Nominal impedance: 8Ω (min. 3.2Ω)
Your Kef's are described as a mini-monitor. Very nice. You are not driving multiple drivers in a large cabinet, smaller profile and the Marantz surpasses the upper limit of power required. You should be fine without the emotiva. You sub is self powered so its a non-issue. Plus you are sticking with a 5.1 system and not going to 9.2, so the Marantz built in amp will work even better for you.