The **OFFICIAL** Marantz SR5008, SR6008 and SR7008 AV Receiver Owner's Thread - Page 92 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2731 of 2748 Old 07-24-2014, 03:59 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked: 1340
Assign the OPT1 input to the same input used by the HDMI input (eg. Game).

INPUT MODE - "Digital" (p. 157 Owner's manual)

VIDEO MODE - "Game" (p. 151 Owner's manual)

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2732 of 2748 Old 07-24-2014, 12:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Auto Standby - SR6008

New owner here of the SR6008. I am just absolutely enjoying this AVR. I do have a question if I may... Is it possible to configure the AVR to ignore certain inputs (particularly HDMI), when the Auto Standby feature is enabled?

I have a Roku 3 which when not in use, goes to sleep. It then enters a screen saver mode. It does not have an on/off button. The SR6008 is still sensing video input, which prevents it from turning off automatically..(which it is doing as it supposed to)... I want to omit this HDMI input, so the AVR can shut off...
People in my household tend to fall asleep, leaving the AVR turned on all night..

Thanks!
post #2733 of 2748 Old 07-24-2014, 12:16 PM
585-645-1006

^^
If the Roku is selected as the source, you would need to either deselect it or you could also use the Sleep Timer if within 2 hours of using the AVR.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (33.6 KB, 176 views)

"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 

Last edited by jdsmoothie; 07-24-2014 at 12:29 PM.
post #2734 of 2748 Old 07-24-2014, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
^^
If the Roku is selected as the source, you would need to either deselect it or you could also use the Sleep Timer if within 2 hours of using the AVR.

Thanks for your quick response of options and for your expertise.
post #2735 of 2748 Old 07-24-2014, 03:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Marantz Airplay vs AppleTV - sound quality

Hi,

I'm curious if any of you have found a noticeable difference in sound quality between using Airplay functionality provided in the Marantz vs using an AppleTV plugged into an AVR. The reason I ask is I haven't purchased a new AVR yet and I'm wondering if an Airplay equipped AVR like Marantz would provide better sound for Airplay transmitted tunes than having my AppleTV plugged into an AVR that doesn't come with Airplay.

My understanding is that everything in Airplay is streamed 44/16 but that the AppleTV will convert to 48/16. So IN THEORY, using the AppleTV means you go through an extra conversion as well as additional connectors. I'm just wondering if in reality there is any noticeable difference.

Thanks.
post #2736 of 2748 Old 07-24-2014, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyrelx View Post
Hi,

I'm curious if any of you have found a noticeable difference in sound quality between using Airplay functionality provided in the Marantz vs using an AppleTV plugged into an AVR. The reason I ask is I haven't purchased a new AVR yet and I'm wondering if an Airplay equipped AVR like Marantz would provide better sound for Airplay transmitted tunes than having my AppleTV plugged into an AVR that doesn't come with Airplay.

My understanding is that everything in Airplay is streamed 44/16 but that the AppleTV will convert to 48/16. So IN THEORY, using the AppleTV means you go through an extra conversion as well as additional connectors. I'm just wondering if in reality there is any noticeable difference.

Thanks.

Hi

I have Apple TV and just picked up a 7008 about 6 months ago. I did a test (not very scientific) between playing through the Apple TV and just using the airplay on the 7008. To my ears there was a difference and I'm sure there are people out there who would say its placebo effect but I know what I heard and I preferred airplay right off the marantz.

But then everyone's ears are different.
post #2737 of 2748 Old 07-26-2014, 05:14 AM

Liked: 0
Video pass-thorugh

Hey guys,

I have the Marantz SR5008. Part of my setup is as follows;
  • PS3 plugged in via HDMI ( for both video and audio ).
  • PC plugged in via optical only ( just for music ).

Now, sometimes I like to play games (PS3) while listening to music (PC). So, what I'd need is a kind of HDMI pass-through, but for when the receiver is on another source, instead of in stand-by. I've already tried assigning the PC optical channel to the PS3 source, but all I get is the PS3 audio, because the it is still sending audio down the HDMI. (Obviously, I wouldn't particularly like to go into the PS3 settings every time to change the audio output back and forth)

So basically, is it possible ? I want video from one source, and audio from another (even while the PS3 is still sending audio.)

Thanks.
post #2738 of 2748 Old 07-26-2014, 06:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by theghostoutside View Post
Hey guys,

I have the Marantz SR5008. Part of my setup is as follows;
  • PS3 plugged in via HDMI ( for both video and audio ).
  • PC plugged in via optical only ( just for music ).
Now, sometimes I like to play games (PS3) while listening to music (PC).
So basically, is it possible ? I want video from one source, and audio from another (even while the PS3 is still sending audio.)
Hi theghostoutside, while listen to PC (assigned to optical 2 "CD") and the PS3 is on, press the "Option" button, scroll down to "Video Select" and select yes and choose the PS3 as the source .
post #2739 of 2748 Old 07-26-2014, 06:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Yes, Jchin is right. That's the way to do it.
post #2740 of 2748 Old 07-26-2014, 04:21 PM

Liked: 0
Wow. Too easy. Thanks guys.
post #2741 of 2748 Old 07-28-2014, 08:47 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi :
I have an SR6008 AVR. I recently purchased a two channel amplifier to drive my mains L&R.
I have the 2ch amp hooked up to the two pre-outs on the AVR and all seems to be well. The amp is currently driving my main speakers.

I was wondering if there is an additional setting on the AVR where I inactivate the AVR's amps for the L&R speakers ?
I cant find anything in the Marantz manual other than how to connect an amp to the pre-outs.

Thanks..
post #2742 of 2748 Old 07-28-2014, 08:47 AM

Hi,
When I go to the radiomarantz.com vtuner page, changes I make to the "Added" stations, are not being picked up by my receiver.

This used to work.

On the radiomarantz page it says:

Your added station <station> will appear on your MARANTZ Product after it is next updated. You may update your MARANTZ Product immediately by following the Manual Update instructions that came with your MARANTZ Product.

I have an SR6008.
post #2743 of 2748 Old 07-28-2014, 05:41 PM
gce

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmasala View Post
Hi :
I have an SR6008 AVR. I recently purchased a two channel amplifier to drive my mains L&R.
I have the 2ch amp hooked up to the two pre-outs on the AVR and all seems to be well. The amp is currently driving my main speakers.

I was wondering if there is an additional setting on the AVR where I inactivate the AVR's amps for the L&R speakers ?
I cant find anything in the Marantz manual other than how to connect an amp to the pre-outs.

Thanks..

All you have to do is hook them up. No additional settings. You should run audyssey again.
post #2744 of 2748 Old 07-28-2014, 06:04 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmasala View Post
Hi :

Thanks..
The on board amps will always be active. No way to shut them down.

post #2745 of 2748 Old Yesterday, 04:12 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
What mode do you all listen to music on?

I have a 7.1 surround sound and used the odyssey setup.

However, I run it in movie mode because I can only seem to get music from the front channels when playing in stereo mode.
I cannot seem to find a good music mode that will play it out of all 7 channels at once

Suggestions?

"Alcohol: The cause of and solution to ALL of life's problems" Homer Simpson
post #2746 of 2748 Old Yesterday, 04:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hensley300 View Post

However, I run it in movie mode because I can only seem to get music from the front channels when playing in stereo mode.
I cannot seem to find a good music mode that will play it out of all 7 channels at once

Suggestions?
Hi Hensley300, I use "Multi CH Stereo" just press and hold Movie or Music button to display a list of sound modes that can be selected.
post #2747 of 2748 Old Yesterday, 07:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 55
I rarely apply processing to music files but when I do it's almost always multi channel stereo. DPLII Music is ok too but don't use it often.
post #2748 of 2748 Old Yesterday, 11:45 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hensley300 View Post

Suggestions?
By definition, stereo would be 2CH only; however, as noted, you can press/hold the MUSIC button on the remote and select Multi CH Stereo or one of the other 7.1 simulation modes as well.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Sr5008 , Marantz Sr7008 , Marantz Sr6008
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page