Here's what I would like to do - is the tech available? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 07-19-2013, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks in advance for your input. I am a novice and I have been reading this forum for a while but much of the language is Greek to me. Here is what I would like to do in my home – and if it works I will mimic it as a gift to my dad.

My home dynamic:

Room: small den, 10x14
Connectivity in room:
Cable hookup, coax
regular electric sockets,
no hardwire internet option, wireless internet in closet on other side of home runs Ipad connectivity

My current tech:
Ipad for computing and wireless streaming of Sirius/Pandora, no external speaker currently
Samsung tv, newer model with HDMI connectivity
Playstation

What I want to do:
I’d like to stream music, wirelessly, and then transmit that sound into wireless speakers. I can now use wifi to stream into my Ipad, but I want a better sound than my Ipad speakers provide.
If possible I’d like the new speakers to be wireless so that I can move them around my condo to fit my needs.
If there are no decent wireless speaker options I am perfectly willing to restrict them to the den. I will just need some item (receiver I guess) to hook them to.

Price:
I’d like to stay under 1,500 for everything. Under 1k would be awesome.
I am open to any suggestions out there for a good way to achieve my goals. I cannot hardwire into a receiver in that room and I have no room in the closet area where my internet resides.

I really appreciate any input. I might be on the wrong track altogether for my end goal and I welcome other plans if you have one.

By the way, I tried the Bose wireless system and the sound was not quite big enough for me and it would not jive with my tv.

Thanks!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page