HDMI Passthrough, Good? Bad? - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Audio > Receivers, Amps, and Processors > HDMI Passthrough, Good? Bad?

Receivers, Amps, and Processors

StevePMo's Avatar StevePMo
12:51 PM Liked: 16
post #1 of 4
07-20-2013 | Posts: 157
I have a Yamaha RX- A720 receiver, and today I enabled the HDMI passthrough function ( allowing you to watch TV with the receiver in standby ) , and I was wondering if there are any problems associated with using this feature? Sometimes on the weekends I will prop myself up in bed and watch TV, and usually I fall asleep rolleyes.gif . So I would rather not leave the AVR on for that long, even though i do have a fan blowing on it.
Phil17108's Avatar Phil17108
09:39 AM Liked: 54
post #2 of 4
07-21-2013 | Posts: 965
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevePMo View Post

I have a Yamaha RX- A720 receiver, and today I enabled the HDMI passthrough function ( allowing you to watch TV with the receiver in standby ) , and I was wondering if there are any problems associated with using this feature? Sometimes on the weekends I will prop myself up in bed and watch TV, and usually I fall asleep rolleyes.gif . So I would rather not leave the AVR on for that long, even though i do have a fan blowing on it.

I do the same thing with an Onkyo AVR without problem. Thats what its there for.
67jason's Avatar 67jason
09:43 AM Liked: 794
post #3 of 4
07-21-2013 | Posts: 2,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevePMo View Post

no problems enabling pass hdmi pass-thru.

the only thing to keep in mind is you will be using more stand-by power. my onkyo is something like 5w at stand-by and around 35w at stand-by with hdmi pass-thru enabled. (watts number may be wrong, but it is the wattage used is something similar to what I wrote).
StevePMo's Avatar StevePMo
10:34 AM Liked: 16
post #4 of 4
07-21-2013 | Posts: 157
Thanks for the info !
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Subscribe to this Thread