Any suggestions for amp/receiver to power Klipsch Icon speakers - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-20-2013, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Send a message via Skype™ to Mr47
Well as the title would suggest, I am looking for any suggestions to power my Klipsch speakers.
I have: 2 Klipsch WF-35 speakers for front left and right. 150W RMS handling if I remember right
1 klipsch WC-24 center channel 90W RMS handling.
4 Klipsch WB-14 for surrounds 40W RMS handling
Right now I have a denon 1213 receiver that does a decent job, but you can really tell it doesn't have the power to run all the channels at decent power when I switch to multichannel music (I use it in the basement for parties as well) and there have been some scenes in movies that felt could have used more power. I have looked at Marantzs offerings and really like what they have, but I know that you are really paying for the name with them. So I ask if anyone has any suggestions for 7 channel dedicated amps and a pre amp/receiver for my speakers? The only feature other than decoding for DD HD and DTS HD audio streams is some form of room correction like my Denon has with audyssey. I love how it sounds after the calibration! I'd be looking to pay as much 4,500 maximum for it all, but I would prefer it be more in the realm 1500, but I k ow you start talking in dollar signs when you talk about dedicated amps. I'm planning on upgrading sometime next year if possible.
Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-20-2013, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 141
What price range are you looking at? That will make a difference. Something in the 100-120 watt range should be a good match. Yamaha, Pioneer, Marantz, Denon all make good product. Look for the features that you want. Even features that I thought I did not need, I find myself using with My Pioneer Elite avr. I drive and RF 7 system.

Klipsch RF 7 based HT 7.4, Pioneer SC 35, Acurus Five 200 amp, Chase SS 18.2(2), VS 18.1(2), Samsung BDP F 7500, Asus/My Book Live HPC 4 TB

Yaquin VK 2100 amp, McIntosh XR 5 speakers, Samsung BDP F 7500
post #3 of 3 Old 07-20-2013, 07:52 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I Have the Icon series speakers that are powered by a Denon 4520ci and it sounds incredible.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page