Mac Mini to Denon 1911 only playing one channel - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-27-2013, 09:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum, but not new to audio/video.

Here's my setup, (XBox 360, Verizon Fios, Mac Mini, Blu-Ray player) HDMI --> Denon 1911 --> TV (HP 42 inch LED LCD)

All 4 are connected by HDMI to the receiver, then HDMI to the TV.

Have 5.1 set-up with Polk speakers with left, right, center, left and right surround and sub.

On all in-puts Fios, Blu-Ray, and XBox, all the channels are working. When selecting my Mac Mini (late 2012 version, 2.6 GHz i7 processor running 10.8.4, 8 GB ram, with the Intel HD 4000 with 768 MB graphics card), only the right channel is playing.

I use the computer to play movies that I have stored on my hard drive, pandora, and iTunes.

I have gone through all the setting that I know of in the Denon and in the Mac System Preferences...I'm a little bit unsure of where to go to try to rectify this.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated and welcome. I had this setup in a previous house and then moved. Not sure what changed from then until now.

Thanks in advance for any help. Let me know if you need more information about anything and I'll do my best to provide an answer.

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-28-2013, 05:50 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked: 1327
As all other sources work fine, the issue would seem to be with the HTPC board.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun, leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 3 Old 07-29-2013, 05:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchrisdvm2009 View Post

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum, but not new to audio/video.

Here's my setup, (XBox 360, Verizon Fios, Mac Mini, Blu-Ray player) HDMI --> Denon 1911 --> TV (HP 42 inch LED LCD)

All 4 are connected by HDMI to the receiver, then HDMI to the TV.

Have 5.1 set-up with Polk speakers with left, right, center, left and right surround and sub.

On all in-puts Fios, Blu-Ray, and XBox, all the channels are working. When selecting my Mac Mini (late 2012 version, 2.6 GHz i7 processor running 10.8.4, 8 GB ram, with the Intel HD 4000 with 768 MB graphics card), only the right channel is playing.

I use the computer to play movies that I have stored on my hard drive, pandora, and iTunes.

I have gone through all the setting that I know of in the Denon and in the Mac System Preferences...I'm a little bit unsure of where to go to try to rectify this.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated and welcome. I had this setup in a previous house and then moved. Not sure what changed from then until now.

Thanks in advance for any help. Let me know if you need more information about anything and I'll do my best to provide an answer.

Chris

Make sure you swap cables to rule cable problems out. Swap the HDMI input on the receiver to rule that out also. In the sound preferences, what does the Mac show? I don't have a mac with HDMI yet, so I don't know how that interface looks like. Are you sending PCM 2.0 or Dolby Digital 5.1 to the receiver? What is the source? Check the Audio Midi Setup on the Mac to see how the sound interface is configured.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page