Receiver options some denon and a pioneer - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-28-2013, 05:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok I have the option at around the same price for the following 3 receivers that I like that I can buy. For basically the same price

Denon 1912
Denon 1713
Pioneer 922

I was wondering which option people would recommend.
Currently I am running a denon avr 590 powering accusound hd1 speakers. I have a ps3 a boxee box and a set top box connected to the receiver all feeding up to a Sony hw50es projector.

Reason for receiver upgrade is for a couple of things.. Firstly 3d, although not critical I have no way of playing it currently due to the avr 590 not being able to accommodate 3d. Secondly network ability on a new receiver would be nice.

I use the set up for movies 50%, games 20%, TV 20% and music 10%.

Please let me know which receiver you would recommend and if possible why.

Also if you need any more info to create an informed decision also please let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-28-2013, 05:19 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 979 Post(s)
Liked: 1494
Aside from the additional features to include networking, the 1912 features the same version of Audyssey MultEQ as does the 590 while the 1713 would upgrade to the next higher version of Audyssey MultEQ XT found in the higher "CI" models (2113CI/2313CI/3313CI). So using the 1713 you might expect to hear some improvement in audio quality. If you are using a sub, AFAIK, only the Denon models in your list can EQ the sub.

Also, to just run 3D, you can simply connect the PS3 HDMI cable directly to the 3D TV for video and connect an optical cable from the PS3 to the 590 for DD/DTS 5.1 and although it won't be HD audio, you are not likely to notice any difference. Be sure to reset the PS3 to output audio only over the optical cable. The 590 should be able to play 3D broadcasts from the set top box as those are generally only in 720p, although if not, you can do the same .... HDMI to the TV with optical to the 590.

---------------------------------
"JD" –
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 

Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Parasound
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page