Replace Yamaha E-8 with Denon AVR-X4000, or Yamaha RX-A1030? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-29-2013, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi;

I'm planning on finally updating my old old Yamaha E-8 (85W x 2) Stereo receiver (25 years old or so if I remember correctly) with an AVR.

I wanted to get something that will hopefully last a while (I guess I can't really expect a new system to last as long as my old Yamaha E-8, which has been left 'on' pretty much 24x7 for the last 20 or so years in service as the T.V. sound system smile.gif. What between something actually working for that long as well as not being obsoleted).

I was looking at possibly the Denon AVR-X4000 and Yamaha RX-A1020. I saw some anecdotal reports about the Denon's running 'Hot'.

Assuming a cooler system will have a longer life, does anyone know how these two compare in being 'cool' or 'hot' running?

My old Yamaha idled at about 29 Watts.So it didn't get very hot in normal idling/ T.V. watching use.

Any opinions on if one is obviously 'better' than the other? I only plan on building out to a 5.1 system as I add speakers, and I only need to fill my living room with sound.

Thanks;.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-29-2013, 05:25 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Liked: 1339
Denon AVRs to include the X4000 generally run only luke warm as long as not trying to power 4-ohm speakers to high volume levels. The X4000 features the most advanced version of Audyssey MultEQ XT32 and Sub EQ HT (dual subwoofers) while the Yamaha features YPAO each with their own fan club. Select the model that best meets your feature/input/output needs and budget. You can learn more about the X4000 by reviewing post #2 of the "2013 Denon AVR-E/X Models" thread linked in my sig. Give Craig at AVS Sales a call tomorrow and ask for his best price.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page