A strange problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 07-29-2013, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am reposting this from the 1021 owners thread in the hopes that someone has an idea about what is going on.

I got a little problem. I have my 1021 hdmi output to a Vizio flat screen. After a momentary power bump I lost the output to the tv. I thought the problem was with the tv, so I plugged the receiver output to another Vizio I have and still had no signal. The strange thing is that when I plug the receiver to my Optoma projector, everything is fine. I was able to try another Pioneer receiver, (vsx 522) and no problems at all. Anybody got any ideas?
Thanks

johnf

So basically, my receiver will not communicate with either of my tv's but will with my projector. I am confused.
Since I originally posted my problem I have reset the receiver and updated the software.

johnf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-30-2013, 01:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 115
Try different hdmi port on your vizio. Samsungs, if I'm not wrong, had this issue. A friend of mine had similar problem with onkyo / samsung combo. Can't recall the model of samsung.

Anyway, try any other hdmi port on your vizio and it might work.

History is written by those who have hanged heroes ...

The best EQ is no EQ ...

Alpine SWR-1223D Slot Ported HT Sub

Dual Dayton RSS390HO-4 Reference 15 Build For HT

Main System: Klipsch RF-82 II, Klipsch RC-62 II, RS-52 II, Onkyo 5010, Rythmik FV15HP, PSB S300
post #3 of 5 Old 07-30-2013, 05:20 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the problem exists no matter which port I use. What is most confusing is that since the receiver works with the projector, there is obviously a signal being output. I just don't understand why it is being blocked when I am attached to either one of my tv's. Thanks.

johnf
post #4 of 5 Old 07-30-2013, 08:47 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 68
check something on the TV without using the receiver and see if you get a signal
post #5 of 5 Old 07-30-2013, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for replying. I ran both a ps3 and a directv box directly to the tv with no problems. I also was able to replace the vsx1021 with another Pioneer receiver (vsx522) with no problems. I am fairly certain that the problem is with the receiver. What I don't understand is why the problem only exists when using the tv, but not with the projector. If it is a hardware issue, It should be broken no matter what I am hooked up to. If it is a software or a wrong setting, I hoping that it something I can fix. I believe that there is a problem with the hdmi "handshake" necessary for the tv and the receiver to connect. I am hoping that someone here knows more about hdmi mysteries than I do.

johnf
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page