Marantz SR7007 or Pioneer Elite SC72 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-02-2013, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hello...Looking for advice on which one to go with. I have always been an Onkyo fan but am not any longer with all the HDMI board failures. Any advice on the Marantz or the Pioneer is greatly appreciated as I have no experience with either. Primary use is 50/50 music and movies. I have been to 3 different Magnolia's and talked with 3 pretty savvy sales folks and 2 out of the 3 prefer the Marantz over the Pioneer for sound quality and as a solid/stable unit.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-02-2013, 06:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRob1 View Post

Hello...Looking for advice on which one to go with. I have always been an Onkyo fan but am not any longer with all the HDMI board failures. Any advice on the Marantz or the Pioneer is greatly appreciated as I have no experience with either. Primary use is 50/50 music and movies. I have been to 3 different Magnolia's and talked with 3 pretty savvy sales folks and 2 out of the 3 prefer the Marantz over the Pioneer for sound quality and as a solid/stable unit.

Thanks in advance!

I don't have experience with the Pioneer units, but had the Marantz 6007 and the sound quality was excellent. Unfortunately I bought it refurb and had a problem with it, and decided upon an upgrade to the Denon X 4000 when I swapped it. I can safely say though that if I had the money for the 7008 I would have bought that over the Denon. The 7008 has Xt 32 and sub eq, .. I bet it sounds amazing. As far as the two choices you listed, i'd take Marantz for sure.

post #3 of 3 Old 08-04-2013, 06:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 60
+1 for the Marantz or the Denon x4000. Both have audyssey xt32 and subeq. The pioneer's i've owned have never been as easy to set-up and their room correction is no where near as advanced.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Sr7007 Home Theater Av Receiver , Pioneer Elite Sc 72
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page