Which Receiver with My speakers - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-03-2013, 05:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

I'm wondering if you can guide me in the right direction. I'm going to upgrade with a different receiver. I have the denon avr-4310, I need to sell it. It's not a good combination with my Jamo D500 speakers. I need a stronger receiver that can drive the speakers and I want a really good quality in the sound.

I'm looking at the brands Nad, integra and onkyo. These have better handling on the power if I'm correct.

Can you assist me with your opinions on brands and models? I'm pretty lost here and it's hard to try this combination since they don't have this in the stores.

Kindly regards
Daniel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-03-2013, 06:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Are you serious? The Denon 4310 doesn't have enough power for your Jamo D500 speakers?

Maybe you need an external amp then, especially since the Jamo D500 are 4 ohm speakers.

http://www.sherbourn.com/products/pa5200

Afro GT
post #3 of 5 Old 08-03-2013, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vos58 View Post

Hello,

I'm wondering if you can guide me in the right direction. I'm going to upgrade with a different receiver. I have the denon avr-4310, I need to sell it. It's not a good combination with my Jamo D500 speakers. I need a stronger receiver that can drive the speakers and I want a really good quality in the sound.

I'm looking at the brands Nad, integra and onkyo. These have better handling on the power if I'm correct.

Can you assist me with your opinions on brands and models? I'm pretty lost here and it's hard to try this combination since they don't have this in the stores.

Kindly regards
Daniel[/quote
The Pioneer SC-77/79 are Ultra 2 spec'd and the D3 amps play very well with 4ohm if they drive 205 KEF's they will drive your Jamo's.
post #4 of 5 Old 08-03-2013, 07:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello, Thank you for the quick reply.

Afrogt, When playing with the Denon i get the feeling it working like hell to drive the speakers. Like the Denon gets exausted, no dynamic, no punch and loss in details. The Nad t777 and t787 have the Holmgren powersuply But i dont know if it will match good with the D500. The Nad i had before (t785) had a more basser or darker tone overall.

oztech: I will take a reading on those, But I rather go for an A/V receiver.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-03-2013, 07:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vos58 View Post

Hello, Thank you for the quick reply.

Afrogt, When playing with the Denon i get the feeling it working like hell to drive the speakers. Like the Denon gets exausted, no dynamic, no punch and loss in details. The Nad t777 and t787 have the Holmgren powersuply But i dont know if it will match good with the D500. The Nad i had before (t785) had a more basser or darker tone overall.

oztech: I will take a reading on those, But I rather go for an A/V receiver.

They are as Pioneer has no pre-pro at the moment.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page