AVR for 5.1 (Biamp) living room + Sonos - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-04-2013, 12:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am looking for a AVR to upgrade my living room setup. I want 5.1 (Fronts Biamped) + 2 channels to drive outdoor speakers via Sonos. For last few years I have been using entry level Onkyo AVRs. I am considering following three options. Which one would you guys recommend?

Denon - AVR-X4000 (7 x 125 watts)+ Sonos Connect Amp (55w x 2) - $1300 + $500
Yamaha RX-A2030/Pioneer Elite SC -75 (9 channels) + Sonos Connect - $1600 + $350

Also, Yamaha and Pioneer have very similar specs. I know both are considered very good brands. Any reason to go with one over the other?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-04-2013, 03:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 335
Nice choices. My recommendation is the Denon AVR-X4000. This is purely on the basis that it packs Audyssey MultEQ XT32; widely regarded to be the best auto set-up and "room correction" routine available in a consumer level AVR today. This will have by far the most influence on the sonic performance of the AVR. I wouldn't buy anything without it.

Doc, as an aside... forget about passive bi-amping. It makes no actual or discernible difference. Here is a great post by member arnyk that discusses passive bi-amping in some detail.
[Clever move having "Biamp" in the title though - you'll get heaps of traffic on this thread! biggrin.gif]
post #3 of 5 Old 08-04-2013, 03:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIEGAR View Post

Nice choices. My recommendation is the Denon AVR-X4000. This is purely on the basis that it packs Audyssey MultEQ XT32; widely regarded to be the best auto set-up and "room correction" routine available in a consumer level AVR today. This will have by far the most influence on the sonic performance of the AVR. I wouldn't buy anything without it.

Doc, as an aside... forget about passive bi-amping. It makes no actual or discernible difference. Here is a great post by member arnyk that discusses passive bi-amping in some detail.
[Clever move having "Biamp" in the title though - you'll get heaps of traffic on this thread! biggrin.gif]

Thanks mate. I will look more into biamping to see if its worth it.
post #4 of 5 Old 08-13-2013, 11:58 PM - Thread Starter

Just ordered an open box Yamaha RX-A2030 from an Authorized dealer for 300$ less. Let's see how it goes. Thanks for your input
post #5 of 5 Old 08-14-2013, 06:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 335
No worries and thanks for the update. Sounds like a great deal for a nine channel amp. There are a lot of people very happy with the big Yamahas and I'm sure you'll be no different. Their feature set is excellent and they have a reputation for being bulletproof. Well done!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page