PC Monitor RFI with 3 Channel Set-up - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-04-2013, 03:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Couldn't find a proper location for this Question:

I recently gave my Grandson a small Atec-Lansing 3-way system for his room. It sounds terrific there EXCEPT that when he runs his program for keyboard controller the screen sends noise in to the system when the screen writes a line.

I'm an OLD analog guy and 'get it' but don't have a clue for rejecting the RFI/whatever. I soldered a ground wire from the 'lil systems control board with no help- didn't think so but wanted him to know I can do something !

Thanks to all....
dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-04-2013, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 80
A PC monitor is contantly refreshing ("writing") the entire screen 60 times a second, wether anything changes on screen or not, so it' s not likely the source of the noise. More likely its the PC itself or whatever device connects his PC to whatever the keyboard controller is controlling.

There may not be anything you can do about it, especially if the noise source is in the PC. I wouldn't recommend soldering ground wires to random places, you could just end causing a ground loop or worse. You'll likely have better luck moving things around to try to minimize the interference they generate or receive. Also make sure the PC is in a proper case and the case is kept closed.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page