4Likes

post #961 of 977 Old 08-10-2014, 09:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post
LAN port vs WAN port? Sorry I am not a computer expert.

Also do you know if Pioneer will offer MCACC pro on the 79?
The newest airport express has two Ethernet ports. The WAN is what connects to your ISP router (if directly connected, I use mine as a WiFi extender so nothing on the WAN port. The LAN connects to the receiver. I have a switch attached to the airport and all my devices connect through the switch (blu ray, satellite, Apple TV)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #962 of 977 Old 08-10-2014, 09:38 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by rprice54 View Post
The newest airport express has two Ethernet ports. The WAN is what connects to your ISP router (if directly connected, I use mine as a WiFi extender so nothing on the WAN port. The LAN connects to the receiver. I have a switch attached to the airport and all my devices connect through the switch (blu ray, satellite, Apple TV)
I don't see them upgrading the 79. That gives folks no incentive to move up.
post #963 of 977 Old 08-13-2014, 11:18 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I've got an SC-75 and have a N00b question...

I have 7.1 in my viewing area and the HDZone going to my bedroom. I want to set up a L/R zone in the kitchen and a L/R zone on the back porch that can both control their own volume (via in-wall volume controls), be run independently from each other, but would only need the same source as the what is playing in the main zone. Basically I think I need a Zone 2 to function like the speaker B setup. Does this receiver allow zone 2 to concurrently play the same source as the main zone?

If so, I would set it up as a speaker B setup and get a simple high-level speaker selector. This doesn't appear to give me the option to control the volume independently from the main area. Is that correct? Either way, since the amp is only designed to power 1 set of speakers for zone 2/speaker B this would be a problem I think?

The other idea I had was to get a separate amp as well. The problem is that on page 38 of the owners manual for the SC75 it says that HDMI audio cannot be downgraded, which makes sense. However I would need to send audio as a L/R signal via the zone 2 output, since amps only seem to take low level L/R input. The only sources I would use in these zones are connected via HDMI. Am I correct in these assumption? Any ideas to accomplish what I'm asking?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #964 of 977 Old 08-21-2014, 07:58 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman1217 View Post
I've got an SC-75 and have a N00b question...

I have 7.1 in my viewing area and the HDZone going to my bedroom. I want to set up a L/R zone in the kitchen and a L/R zone on the back porch that can both control their own volume (via in-wall volume controls), be run independently from each other, but would only need the same source as the what is playing in the main zone. Basically I think I need a Zone 2 to function like the speaker B setup. Does this receiver allow zone 2 to concurrently play the same source as the main zone?

If so, I would set it up as a speaker B setup and get a simple high-level speaker selector. This doesn't appear to give me the option to control the volume independently from the main area. Is that correct? Either way, since the amp is only designed to power 1 set of speakers for zone 2/speaker B this would be a problem I think?

The other idea I had was to get a separate amp as well. The problem is that on page 38 of the owners manual for the SC75 it says that HDMI audio cannot be downgraded, which makes sense. However I would need to send audio as a L/R signal via the zone 2 output, since amps only seem to take low level L/R input. The only sources I would use in these zones are connected via HDMI. Am I correct in these assumption? Any ideas to accomplish what I'm asking?
You can´t get audio to Zones 2 or 3 through HDMI, only picture is available. Audio will come out from your Tv but not from speakers connected to the receiver. Only analog audio is available outside the main zone, or through USB. Airplay is available too, only if Main Zone is also connected to the iOS device.

And yes, you can control the volume independently for all zones, with the remote. But I don´t think you can set Zone 2 for two separate rooms and control volume on each one. I think a Zone 3 would make more sense, for which you would have to reduce main Zone to a 5.1 setup or add an external amplifier.

Regards.
post #965 of 977 Old 08-27-2014, 03:43 PM

These are two questions to SC-75/7/9 owners :

1) my SC-77 flips to TV optical input each time it comes on via Kuro Link's HDMI control. Pioneer says it's because it recognizes my Kuro doesn't have ARC HDMI and that the only way to stop it is to turn HDMI control off, which I don't want to do. Seems like a big oversight considering the receiver is so accommodating to older input/outputs otherwise and that the Kuro was pioneer's own flagship product. Anyone know another way of stopping the auto input switch?

2) The receiver has an SR logo on the front of the face but no SR in or out port on the back. It's the first to not have the SR port. Does the IR out double as an SR out?

I'm asking because I can't seem to get my BDP-23FD to turn on with my 111FD even though the HDMI test on works in the settings menu and all other HDMI controls work. So I'm trying to get SR power on to work and it's not working from the Kuro's out or the IR out on the SC-77.

Thank you.
post #966 of 977 Old 08-30-2014, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 103
^ I don't believe that SR has anything to do with the functioning that you are hoping for.

The Sound Retriever (SR) Link is done over HDMI. I can't find any evidence that the BDP-23FD supports Sound Retriever Link. It appears that Sound Retriever Link has always used HDMI, and never had its own port. Is there some specific unit you have seen that had an SR in or out port? I also am not finding anything that suggests that the "SR" logo on Pioneer products refers to anything other than the Sound Retriever.

From the SC-77 Operating Instructions Page 74:
Quote:
Sound Retriever Link
When playing a compressed audio file on the player, the file’s bitrate information is acquired using the Control with HDMI function, and the sound is optimized on the receiver based on this information.

Edit: I found the info on the Pioneer SR system just after I posted this. It appears that is actually what the SR logo refers to rather than the Sound Retriever. It appears that the SR system is now incorporated in HDMI, operating through HDMI CEC, rather than having its own in and out ports. I can't find that the SC-77 Operating Instructions make any mention of SR system. Pages 73-75 cover the "Control with HDMI" functioning.

From my own experience and what I've seen others post, HDMI CEC is usually more trouble than its worth.

Last edited by KC-Technerd; 08-30-2014 at 12:50 PM.
post #967 of 977 Old 08-30-2014, 01:06 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'm sorry to barge in on this forum guys,but I need some help?
I'm originally on the sc37 . No one has responded. I guess you could say our site is really lacking communication at this time?
My SC37 will not connect to internet ? When I go into settings and I go to network settings 8t just buffers? That's it? It's trying to connect and cinfigure? But pic j7st bufferz?
Pleas can anyone help me with this issue?

Thank u, James C
post #968 of 977 Old 08-31-2014, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC-Technerd View Post
^ I don't believe that SR has anything to do with the functioning that you are hoping for.

The Sound Retriever (SR) Link is done over HDMI. I can't find any evidence that the BDP-23FD supports Sound Retriever Link. It appears that Sound Retriever Link has always used HDMI, and never had its own port. Is there some specific unit you have seen that had an SR in or out port? I also am not finding anything that suggests that the "SR" logo on Pioneer products refers to anything other than the Sound Retriever.

From the SC-77 Operating Instructions Page 74:

Edit: I found the info on the Pioneer SR system just after I posted this. It appears that is actually what the SR logo refers to rather than the Sound Retriever. It appears that the SR system is now incorporated in HDMI, operating through HDMI CEC, rather than having its own in and out ports. I can't find that the SC-77 Operating Instructions make any mention of SR system. Pages 73-75 cover the "Control with HDMI" functioning.

From my own experience and what I've seen others post, HDMI CEC is usually more trouble than its worth.
Thanks for your reply. I have a Pro 111-FD and a BDP-23FD which both have SR control and Kuro link /HDMI control as separately listed control functions in their manuals. SR control would have to be a function of this receiver since it depends on the 3.5mm mini plugs, not HDMI. The SC-77 has the logo on the front and the only plugs like that on the back are the IR and 12v trigger.
post #969 of 977 Old 08-31-2014, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilbisonte View Post
Thanks for your reply. I have a Pro 111-FD and a BDP-23FD which both have SR control and Kuro link /HDMI control as separately listed control functions in their manuals. SR control would have to be a function of this receiver since it depends on the 3.5mm mini plugs, not HDMI. The SC-77 has the logo on the front and the only plugs like that on the back are the IR and 12v trigger.
I looked back through the manuals for the previous generations of this receiver, and the SC-67 (2012) also has the SR logo, but no SR Control jacks. The SC-57 (2011) does have the SR Control jacks (in addition to IR and 12V Trigger) and instructions for using them. The current generation Pioneer Blu-ray player BDP-53FD also has the SR logo near the remote control sensor, but does not have any 3.5 mm jacks at all (SR, IR or otherwise), and does not mention SR Control in the operating instructions. That leads me to believe that if the SR logo is implying any SR Control functions in the recent generations of products that do not have SR Control jacks, the functionality must be through the HDMI CEC system. Perhaps the SR Control functionality was removed (perhaps it was considered redundant with HDMI CEC/Kuro Link) but for some reason the SR logo continued to be used simply to mark the location of the IR remote control sensor. I think you may have to contact Pioneer to get a definite answer on this.
post #970 of 977 Old 08-31-2014, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC-Technerd View Post
I looked back through the manuals for the previous generations of this receiver, and the SC-67 (2012) also has the SR logo, but no SR Control jacks. The SC-57 (2011) does have the SR Control jacks (in addition to IR and 12V Trigger) and instructions for using them. The current generation Pioneer Blu-ray player BDP-53FD also has the SR logo near the remote control sensor, but does not have any 3.5 mm jacks at all (SR, IR or otherwise), and does not mention SR Control in the operating instructions. That leads me to believe that if the SR logo is implying any SR Control functions in the recent generations of products that do not have SR Control jacks, the functionality must be through the HDMI CEC system. Perhaps the SR Control functionality was removed (perhaps it was considered redundant with HDMI CEC/Kuro Link) but for some reason the SR logo continued to be used simply to mark the location of the IR remote control sensor. I think you may have to contact Pioneer to get a definite answer on this.
That is fascinating. With real estate being so valuable on the front of a product, it would seem strange to have it if they didn't feature it.

SR control was also part of older Pioneer products which did not have HDMI connections. So, for a receiver to have SR control it would seem to me that it would need the jacks.

Perhaps they integrated it into IR repeating jacks? I will ask pioneer.
post #971 of 977 Old 08-31-2014, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Has pioneer's new AVR's been released yet? I don't see a thread for them.

home theater addict
post #972 of 977 Old 08-31-2014, 08:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Anyone with the Pioneer SCLX-77 know how to manually adjust bass for preset configurations? EG: When its set to dobly 5.1 or dts or what not how do I then turn the bass up for those settings.

I can turn the bass up for other settings "Pure direct stereo" and what not, but when its set up for movies/xbox and I click the "audio" button nothing happens.

Last edited by duram; 08-31-2014 at 08:57 PM.
post #973 of 977 Old 08-31-2014, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duram View Post
Anyone with the Pioneer SCLX-77 know how to manually adjust bass for preset configurations? EG: When its set to dobly 5.1 or dts or what not how do I then turn the bass up for those settings.

I can turn the bass up for other settings "Pure direct stereo" and what not, but when its set up for movies/xbox and I click the "audio" button nothing happens.
As far as I understand you could do it a few ways:

-Go into manual speaker setup in the menu and increase the decibles for the channel level of the subwoofer

-go to audio parameters, turn EQ on and adjust bass level

-choose an advanced audio setting like rock/pop

-if your sub has a volume level turn it up.
post #974 of 977 Old 09-09-2014, 02:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm still learning the new SC-77 after about 3 weeks or so. It replaced a Yamaha V2700.

The receiver is the center of the system. Its probably a typical set up. BD, DVD, DirecTv box, all connect via HDMI. DVDR connects both directions with comp./optical. The Samsung 8500 plasma is the only output, HDMI.

I had a little issue with down sampling FLAC's from an Oppo 103D, but I found the info on this forum to correct that problem. Thanks for that.

One of the things I miss is the ability to simply select a alternate audio source while watching a separate video source. The Yamaha had a audio input select button on the remote. It made listening to music while watching the TV very easy. Is there an easy way to do this with the SC-77?

We've got new speakers too so I can't really compare apples to apples, but I'm surprised the this receiver doesn't deliver the power I was expecting. Don't get me wrong. I don't have any problems with the quality. I just want more of it. We have B&W CM10's front, CMC center, sub, in-ceiling surrounds. Even though it's set up for 5.1 we primarily listen to music. I've run the full auto MCACC a couple of times and it does improve the sound all by its self. I haven't attempted any manual adjustment. As I've said, I enjoy the quality, I just want more. Any suggestions?

Thanks all
B
post #975 of 977 Old 09-09-2014, 08:35 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi Guys,

I have really been enjoying my SC-75 since 1/14.

I had a little scare yesterday. I use a Comcast remote to one button fire up my TV, STB, and SC-75. No issues at all, works great.

Last night I fired it up and had no audio, Changed inputs, no audio. Went to the TV & STB in the BR, good audio.
Powered it all down and up a few times with no luck.
Booted the STB. No Audio.
Comcast boxes will lose surround sound sometimes and a boot fixes it. The STB has done this twice this year.

So in looking at the SC-75 while powered off I still see a single light on the front. OK, I pull the plug.

Now its good. My question is, is this common or an indicator of sorts?

Thanks

Thanks, 2therock

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #976 of 977 Old 09-10-2014, 07:42 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2therock View Post

So in looking at the SC-75 while powered off I still see a single light on the front. OK, I pull the plug.

Now its good. My question is, is this common or an indicator of sorts?

Thanks
If it was a blue light on the front right side when the receiver was off, it means that you have HDMI pass-through enabled so you could watch your last used input on your TV using the TV speakers without having to turn on your receiver. I'm not aware of any light that would indicate sound issues.

I have had a few instances using my cable box where the sound doesn't trigger for some reason and everything is silent. Typically if I mute and un-mute my sc-75 it fixes it. Occasionally I'll have to change inputs and then go back to my intended input. This rarely happens though.

post #977 of 977 Old 09-10-2014, 08:49 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks,

At first I muted and un-muted both the cable box and the AVR.
The TV has the external speakers disabled. I only have a single HDMI from the AVR going to the TV.
I also changed inputs and they had no sound either.

Oh well. Technology eh?

Thanks, 2therock

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page