4Likes

post #961 of 964 Old 08-10-2014, 09:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post
LAN port vs WAN port? Sorry I am not a computer expert.

Also do you know if Pioneer will offer MCACC pro on the 79?
The newest airport express has two Ethernet ports. The WAN is what connects to your ISP router (if directly connected, I use mine as a WiFi extender so nothing on the WAN port. The LAN connects to the receiver. I have a switch attached to the airport and all my devices connect through the switch (blu ray, satellite, Apple TV)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #962 of 964 Old 08-10-2014, 09:38 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by rprice54 View Post
The newest airport express has two Ethernet ports. The WAN is what connects to your ISP router (if directly connected, I use mine as a WiFi extender so nothing on the WAN port. The LAN connects to the receiver. I have a switch attached to the airport and all my devices connect through the switch (blu ray, satellite, Apple TV)
I don't see them upgrading the 79. That gives folks no incentive to move up.
post #963 of 964 Old 08-13-2014, 11:18 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I've got an SC-75 and have a N00b question...

I have 7.1 in my viewing area and the HDZone going to my bedroom. I want to set up a L/R zone in the kitchen and a L/R zone on the back porch that can both control their own volume (via in-wall volume controls), be run independently from each other, but would only need the same source as the what is playing in the main zone. Basically I think I need a Zone 2 to function like the speaker B setup. Does this receiver allow zone 2 to concurrently play the same source as the main zone?

If so, I would set it up as a speaker B setup and get a simple high-level speaker selector. This doesn't appear to give me the option to control the volume independently from the main area. Is that correct? Either way, since the amp is only designed to power 1 set of speakers for zone 2/speaker B this would be a problem I think?

The other idea I had was to get a separate amp as well. The problem is that on page 38 of the owners manual for the SC75 it says that HDMI audio cannot be downgraded, which makes sense. However I would need to send audio as a L/R signal via the zone 2 output, since amps only seem to take low level L/R input. The only sources I would use in these zones are connected via HDMI. Am I correct in these assumption? Any ideas to accomplish what I'm asking?
post #964 of 964 Old Yesterday, 07:58 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman1217 View Post
I've got an SC-75 and have a N00b question...

I have 7.1 in my viewing area and the HDZone going to my bedroom. I want to set up a L/R zone in the kitchen and a L/R zone on the back porch that can both control their own volume (via in-wall volume controls), be run independently from each other, but would only need the same source as the what is playing in the main zone. Basically I think I need a Zone 2 to function like the speaker B setup. Does this receiver allow zone 2 to concurrently play the same source as the main zone?

If so, I would set it up as a speaker B setup and get a simple high-level speaker selector. This doesn't appear to give me the option to control the volume independently from the main area. Is that correct? Either way, since the amp is only designed to power 1 set of speakers for zone 2/speaker B this would be a problem I think?

The other idea I had was to get a separate amp as well. The problem is that on page 38 of the owners manual for the SC75 it says that HDMI audio cannot be downgraded, which makes sense. However I would need to send audio as a L/R signal via the zone 2 output, since amps only seem to take low level L/R input. The only sources I would use in these zones are connected via HDMI. Am I correct in these assumption? Any ideas to accomplish what I'm asking?
You can´t get audio to Zones 2 or 3 through HDMI, only picture is available. Audio will come out from your Tv but not from speakers connected to the receiver. Only analog audio is available outside the main zone, or through USB. Airplay is available too, only if Main Zone is also connected to the iOS device.

And yes, you can control the volume independently for all zones, with the remote. But I don´t think you can set Zone 2 for two separate rooms and control volume on each one. I think a Zone 3 would make more sense, for which you would have to reduce main Zone to a 5.1 setup or add an external amplifier.

Regards.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page