Official Pioneer SC-75/77/79 Thread - Page 36 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 6Likes

post #1051 of 1061 Old 02-22-2015, 07:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 1
My Macbook Pro is of the mid 2012 vintage. An antique. The port options appear to be (1 ea.) FireWire 800, (1 ea.) Thunderbolt, and (2 ea. 2.0) USB.
I suspect I'd need some adapter to get to HDMI, if that'll even work (?).

Thanks
B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1052 of 1061 Old 02-22-2015, 08:04 PM

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billerator View Post
My Macbook Pro is of the mid 2012 vintage. An antique. The port options appear to be (1 ea.) FireWire 800, (1 ea.) Thunderbolt, and (2 ea. 2.0) USB.
I suspect I'd need some adapter to get to HDMI, if that'll even work (?).

Thanks
B
This (or something like it) should work great:
http://www.amazon.com/PNY--DM-HD-W01...underbolt+hdmi

Display: Panasonic P60UT50 (Plasma)
Speakers: (4) Monitor Audio Silver 9i (Front and Surround), (1) Monitor Audio Silver 12i (Center), (4) Monitor Audio Silver 4i (Rear and Wide), (2) Aperion Audio Bravus II 8d (Subwoofers)
Receiver: Pioneer Elite SC-87 AVR (9.2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103, Roku 3, Cable...
post #1053 of 1061 Old 02-22-2015, 11:37 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LairdWilliams View Post
This (or something like it) should work great:
http://www.amazon.com/PNY--DM-HD-W01...underbolt+hdmi
This (and an HDMI cable -for extra reach) and jam into an unused HDMI port at the back of the receiver? Sounds easy-peasy. Is that all there is to it?

Thanks
B
post #1054 of 1061 Old 02-23-2015, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billerator View Post
This (and an HDMI cable -for extra reach) and jam into an unused HDMI port at the back of the receiver? Sounds easy-peasy. Is that all there is to it?

Thanks
B
That should be about it.

Speakers: (4) Monitor Audio Silver 9i (Front and Surround), (1) Monitor Audio Silver 12i (Center), (4) Monitor Audio Silver 4i (Rear and Wide), (2) Aperion Audio Bravus II 8d (Subwoofers)
post #1055 of 1061 Old 02-23-2015, 03:07 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Lost Network Connection

I was playing around with a new streamer the other day and borrowed the Cat cable from the back of my SC-79. I later plugged it back in and now for the life of me I cannot get a network connection back. I've plugged it into another port on the switch, turned networking on and off within the setup menu, restarted the router and switches in between. I had an IP reservation set in my router and I even deleted that. Maybe it's just coincidence and SC's network adapter had already failed prior to borrowing the plug but, I used it fairly often to adjust volume or look at source output, etc. Any suggestions?

Steve
post #1056 of 1061 Old 02-24-2015, 07:24 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevetd View Post
I was playing around with a new streamer the other day and borrowed the Cat cable from the back of my SC-79. I later plugged it back in and now for the life of me I cannot get a network connection back. I've plugged it into another port on the switch, turned networking on and off within the setup menu, restarted the router and switches in between. I had an IP reservation set in my router and I even deleted that. Maybe it's just coincidence and SC's network adapter had already failed prior to borrowing the plug but, I used it fairly often to adjust volume or look at source output, etc. Any suggestions?
I've had this issue before. It was resolved on my sc-75 by pulling the power to the receiver after everything else was plugged in a ready to go, waiting about 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Sounds simple, but it worked.

Help me, AVS Forum. You're my only Hope.....

My Current Setup
post #1057 of 1061 Old 02-24-2015, 07:31 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman1217 View Post
I've had this issue before. It was resolved on my sc-75 by pulling the power to the receiver after everything else was plugged in a ready to go, waiting about 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Sounds simple, but it worked.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried that a couple times but, I don't recall if it was while everything was ready to go. I'll try it that way when I get home this evening. I'm really hoping I don't have to box this thing up and send it back. I just got rid of a nightmare with a Marantz SR7008.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve
post #1058 of 1061 Old Yesterday, 06:46 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
This may have been covered before, but I was wondering if there is a way to output stereo sound from something like a record player or ipod to both the front and surrounds of a 5.1 setup at the same time.

post #1059 of 1061 Old Today, 09:39 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I just purchased a Pioneer SC-81 AVR. I'm trying to run MCACC but I can't get the android phone app to run properly. Apparently it appears that it is not reading the IP address from the receiver. I have no idea what is going on other than the app isn't working properly. I don't want to spend an extra $200 for Best Buy to come set it up properly. If I have to I will.
post #1060 of 1061 Old Today, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrottle View Post
This may have been covered before, but I was wondering if there is a way to output stereo sound from something like a record player or ipod to both the front and surrounds of a 5.1 setup at the same time.
Hi scrottle, for sound out of all of your speakers use "Ext. Stereo".

On the remote press Receiver and then press the Adv Surr button multiple times until you see Ext. Stereo on the display.
post #1061 of 1061 Old Today, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime74 View Post
I just purchased a Pioneer SC-81 AVR. I'm trying to run MCACC but I can't get the android phone app to run properly. Apparently it appears that it is not reading the IP address from the receiver. I have no idea what is going on other than the app isn't working properly. I don't want to spend an extra $200 for Best Buy to come set it up properly. If I have to I will.
1) Test the network connection of the receiver in isolation. Try, for example, checking for firmware updates, and make sure that the receiver is talking to your network properly.

2) Make sure your phone is connected to your home network via WiFi. You can't connect from your phone to your receiver via your wireless carrier's network.

3) You don't generally run MCACC from the phone app. You use the remote for the receiver and use your display (your TV, most likely) to show the menus for running it. Same with setting up the network connection on the receiver.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer