Official Pioneer SC-75/77/79 Thread - Page 37 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 6Likes
post #1081 of 1087 Old 04-09-2015, 08:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Also another work around is to run zone 1/2 (seperate cables into hdmi input 1/2 on your tv) send cd/in1 into zone one. Run zone 2 hdmi into hdmi 2 on your "zone 1" tv? Could be less complicated but it works without the piggy back rca's.

Also anyone else have martin logan motion 60xt's hooked up to this beast of a receiver?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1082 of 1087 Old 04-13-2015, 06:38 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmariano View Post
After some experimenting, it looks like the piggy back rca's are the only work around. This is unfortunate because it would literally be so easy to assign CD/IN1 as the analog input to select for whatever hdmi source rather than have 2 or 3 piggy back RCA's (CD/IN1 to analog for HDMI1/HDMI3).
Painful workarounds noted here - but it's nice to know that it can be done! I had given up on trying (I only really have a need for this functionality once or twice a year). It was also very simple to do on my old Denon (which is about the only thing I miss about my Denon compared to the Pioneer...)
post #1083 of 1087 Old 04-18-2015, 09:37 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I was exploring my settings today and experimented with the Resolution settings.

I found it set to 480p. I cycled through the 720,1080i, p, and pure settings and got expanded or magnified screens clipping my OSD popup.

My Cable box is a Scientific Atlanta 8300HD set to out put @ 1080i, and the the 480i override is off. The remote Zoom setting defaults to normal.

With the receiver resolution set to 480p all is well and I see HD but I am curious whats going on here.

Thanks

Thanks, 2therock

My Setup

post #1084 of 1087 Old 04-21-2015, 07:12 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Maybe I asked wrong?

Why would I need my:

"Video Parameter Resolution" set to 480p to get a proper image on a 42" 1080i plasma TV?

I have the cable box outputting 1080i.

If I swap to 720p or higher the screen magnifies.

Thanks

Thanks, 2therock

My Setup

post #1085 of 1087 Old 05-08-2015, 07:14 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Need help with ZOne 2

I have hooked up my speakers to front wide and then tries on front height to make my zone to play. i had a device set to play in zone 2 but i am not getting any sound at all. The Manuel and even on screen display don't seem to help me. i Hae an elite vxs 80 . AM i not putting it in 5.1 right. I had the tuner for zone 1 and then i had ipod for zone 2 and had ipod hooked up but i did not work. I am at a loss, i have tried everything. How do i make the speaker B front wide speakers connectors output the sound?

Thanks for any help
post #1086 of 1087 Unread 05-29-2015, 09:27 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Spotify Problems

I am constantly having issues connecting to spotify. Once it's connected it's fine but, sometimes it takes a while to get there. I don't really know what actually fixes it each time but, eventually after unplugging the avr, restarting iPad, restarting the app it starts. Anyone else had a problem like this and figured it out? Thanks.

Steve
post #1087 of 1087 Unread Today, 09:20 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevetd View Post
I am constantly having issues connecting to spotify. Once it's connected it's fine but, sometimes it takes a while to get there. I don't really know what actually fixes it each time but, eventually after unplugging the avr, restarting iPad, restarting the app it starts. Anyone else had a problem like this and figured it out? Thanks.
I have a SC-75 that experiences this issue, not constantly like yourself, but occasionally. No pattern to it that I can pinpoint, happens maybe once in 10 connection attempts. The fix for me is the same, unplug AVR and restart the app. Note that I am using an Android device for control not an Apple device. I have not figured out what the cause is, just wanted to let you know I also have the troubles.

Another bothersome aspect of Spotify for me: I am using Zone 2 on my patio (Zone 3 has nothing connected) and if I have Zone 1 off and pipe Spotify to Zone 2, Zone 1 turns on also with Spotify. Alternately, if Zone 1 is already on and I want to Spotify at Zone 2 it also takes over Zone 1. Not a huge deal in the first case I manually turn off Zone 1, in the second case the input needs to be returned to what it was before turning on Spotify. Second case can be very annoying if others are watching a movie etc. I have no solution for this either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer