Krell Foundation Owners Thread - Page 115 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 172Likes
post #3421 of 3436 Unread 05-01-2015, 07:49 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 17
OK folks my latest on the Foundation, I worked with Patrick this morning after my Foundation locked up again, and it appears that one of the main IC's on the main board is not liking something and thats whats causing it to not allow input changes. So after a great talk, and hearing that the 4K upgrade replaces it all anyway I finally found the problem and know its going to get fixed.

At least for now by restarting it I can get video back but Patrick told me that if it gets worse to let them know right away and we can get it in sooner. Great cust service for me, and I just cant wait to get it all sorted soon, hopefully in a few months!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3422 of 3436 Unread 05-01-2015, 07:08 PM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by scpanel View Post
OK folks my latest on the Foundation, I worked with Patrick this morning after my Foundation locked up again, and it appears that one of the main IC's on the main board is not liking something and thats whats causing it to not allow input changes. So after a great talk, and hearing that the 4K upgrade replaces it all anyway I finally found the problem and know its going to get fixed.

At least for now by restarting it I can get video back but Patrick told me that if it gets worse to let them know right away and we can get it in sooner. Great cust service for me, and I just cant wait to get it all sorted soon, hopefully in a few months!!
You are gonna love it when you get a replacement. My new unit is so rock solid. It is a shame that some Foundation units had these issues. As I said before, mine drove me and my family crazy until I got the replacement. Now its nothing but love for this unit. I hope it does not take too long for you to get the 4K unit. For that matter I hope it doesn't take much longer me to my 4K unit.

Krell Foundation, Parasound Halo A21 and A51, Oppo 103D, Kimber Kable KCAG interconnects; Kimber Kable 12TC speaker cable; Infinity Intermezzo 4.1t x 4, Infinity Intermezzo 3.5C center, Velodyne Digital Drive 18 Plus sub, Panasonic TC-P65VT30 65" monitor.
post #3423 of 3436 Unread 05-01-2015, 07:19 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 3
I'm glad I bought a bit later in the production run. I have had no real issues and the DSD decoding was already included. 4k holds no interest for me at the moment.
post #3424 of 3436 Unread 05-01-2015, 07:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Yeah,I also would like the DSD but have no interest in 4K at this point but wanted to future proof.
post #3425 of 3436 Unread 05-01-2015, 07:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by scpanel View Post
OK folks my latest on the Foundation, I worked with Patrick this morning after my Foundation locked up again, and it appears that one of the main IC's on the main board is not liking something and thats whats causing it to not allow input changes.
When was your unit manufactured? My Krell has a quirk and glitched once so wondering if it's a bad batch.

No worries on my part because I always figured the 4K upgrade or DTS:X upgrade would sort it.
post #3426 of 3436 Unread 05-02-2015, 05:42 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I just got a new Foundation 4k. I cannot access the webpage interface from my iPad. The iPad and the Foundation are on the same network. When I use the right address, I get this message: "REQUEST URL NOT FOUND", otherwise, it is the usual "cannot open page" safari message. Can anyone help me on this issue?
I sent an email to Krell tech support 4 days ago, I have not received any reply yet.
post #3427 of 3436 Unread 05-02-2015, 05:56 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfchamblain View Post
I just got a new Foundation 4k. I cannot access the webpage interface from my iPad. The iPad and the Foundation are on the same network. When I use the right address, I get this message: "REQUEST URL NOT FOUND", otherwise, it is the usual "cannot open page" safari message. Can anyone help me on this issue?
I sent an email to Krell tech support 4 days ago, I have not received any reply yet.
welcome

does it work using a wired PC?

perhaps there is an IP conflict: run an app such as Fing (free app) and see if the Foundation conflicts with something else on your network: or change the Foundation IP address to a static one you know is not used: preferably out of the DHCP range

please take the high road in every post
if you see a problematic post, please do not quote it or respond to it: report it to the mods to handle
post #3428 of 3436 Unread 05-02-2015, 09:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
It took me a few times to get it right when I replaced Uverse with Comcast and ended up having to type it like this to make it work for me http://10.00.00.018/

Try with 3 0's, 2, and even 1, eventually I got it to see the processor.
post #3429 of 3436 Unread 05-02-2015, 04:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
I just got a new Foundation 4k. I cannot access the webpage interface from my iPad.
Do you know how to check your DHCP server for the addresses it hands out? Maybe the address it thinks it has isn't the one it actually got.
Or is it a self assigned address that starts with 169.254?
post #3430 of 3436 Unread Yesterday, 04:38 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I used the right address either obtained from automatic dhcp or static chosen within a specific range. When I use a supposedly correct address, I get a "requested url not found" message. When I use a different random address, I get the "Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding".
I tried with the router diconnected from the router. I got the same messages.
I tried replacing the dns server address with the google one. No luck.
I don't know what else to try
post #3431 of 3436 Unread Yesterday, 05:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I used the right address either obtained from automatic dhcp or static chosen within a specific range. When I use a supposedly correct address, I get a "requested url not found" message. When I use a different random address, I get the "Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding".
I tried with the router diconnected from the router. I got the same messages.
I tried replacing the dns server address with the google one. No luck.
I don't know what else to try
maybe try powering down your modem for a few min and router and try to completely restart it and see if that does it. Also clean out cache and all.

Last edited by scpanel; Yesterday at 07:00 AM.
post #3432 of 3436 Unread Yesterday, 06:54 AM
Advanced Member

also the other thought, mine works in chrome too, so maybe try another browser for fun
post #3433 of 3436 Unread Yesterday, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Do it in the address bar only. And on my phone Google wouldn't work. Only explorer did. I use a Harmony One and love it. I had the same problems with the Foundation and Chorus amp.
post #3434 of 3436 Unread Yesterday, 11:11 AM
Advanced Member

Can you invert the phase on the Foundation?
post #3435 of 3436 Unread Yesterday, 04:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Liked: 96
I am sure my best friend could do it. Even if it wasn't possible. He had the electrical inspector baffled by some of the stuff he did in his home. It was incredible. He explained it the inspector scratches his head and says wow. Said he should be doing his job. I have a Furman power sequencer that he rigged to work with double 50amp breaker. This runs my whole theater and it is dead silent.
post #3436 of 3436 Unread Today, 04:28 PM
Advanced Member

My Evolution 202 pre-amp can invert the phase but I can't find anything in the settings for the Foundation. Figured out because 202 and Foundation are on different plug ins in my room one is pull other push. They work well together when I invert phase on the 202.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avp A1hdci Ultra Reference A V Network Streaming Preamplifier