5Likes

post #91 of 1689 Old 09-17-2013, 06:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank_PD View Post

This isn't the first I've read about poor support. It is making me consider other brands for my next pre preorder. Anyone else have any thoughts?

I am a new Krell foundation buyer. Initially I was encountering some issues. But kept hanging on there and finally got the ARES set up last night. Was truly impressed on the first run!!!
There were some pending questions and I called Krell. A gentleman called Ray responded. We talked for around 15/20 mins and then he transferred me to the Krell President Bill McKiegan. I left a message, as he was not available. He called me back in less than 30 minutes! I would say, this is really outstanding, given the fact that this is a small high-end company with limited Customer Service resources and in the middle of a new product introduction initiative.
I work for a large corporation at Program Management level and hence, completely understand the challenges of customer service related issues. Now, being able to not talk with one, but two management personnel is going to encourage me to say that, these folks are doing their best to serve the customers. A little lapse here and there might be unintentional and it won't hurt if we be forgiving about those. As a side note, the dealers of Krell are also expected to step up under the situation when the buyers are facing some issues, especially as this is a new product. I would believe, that will be a win-win situation for all parties concerned - the buyer, dealer and manufacturer.
BTW, I am quite happy so far with the performance of Krell Foundation. Will come back with more on my experience soon.
Tank_PD likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 1689 Old 09-18-2013, 08:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I have had great customer service on my Foundation also. Have called a couple times. And emailed once. Always a response. And very knowledgeable unlike some companies techs and crs.
post #93 of 1689 Old 09-18-2013, 08:28 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhale64L7 View Post

I have had great customer service on my Foundation also. Have called a couple times. And emailed once. Always a response. And very knowledgeable unlike some companies techs and crs.

For me, they only reply what they want, no respond for my question although I have sent them 3 times for same problem.

For my small problem, I have found it should be the unstable of DSP2, I hope the comming firmware can fix it.
post #94 of 1689 Old 09-18-2013, 09:00 AM
Advanced Member

Also folks Bill McKiegan was in the other Foundation thread yesterday. He was expressing how they were working on some of the small problem s and going to implement some new features.

He also personally thanked us for giving virtual tech support.
post #95 of 1689 Old 09-18-2013, 10:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuppi View Post

For me, they only reply what they want, no respond for my question although I have sent them 3 times for same problem.

For my small problem, I have found it should be the unstable of DSP2, I hope the comming firmware can fix it.

Yuppi did you get my reply to you in the other Forums? This is about the amp under the Foundation. I can't tell for sure what that is in your video. But if it is an amp it would be advised to remove the Foundation from the top cover.
post #96 of 1689 Old 09-18-2013, 08:53 PM

Quote:

Yuppi did you get my reply to you in the other Forums? This is about the amp under the Foundation. I can't tell for sure what that is in your video. But if it is an amp it would be advised to remove the Foundation from the top cover.

Thanks,

I saw it and put the foundation to another place but same result after 80 minutes.
post #97 of 1689 Old 09-19-2013, 09:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thanks,

I saw it and put the foundation to another place but same result after 80 minutes.

You had said I think that this happens with both optical and coax? If only optical have you tried a different cable? Not saying that is the problem but just covering everything.
post #98 of 1689 Old 09-19-2013, 05:36 PM

Quote:

You had said I think that this happens with both optical and coax? If only optical have you tried a different cable? Not saying that is the problem but just covering everything.

Both optical and coax, last night I use another optical cable for another input with same result, I think it is a small problem by DSP2 and still waiting for krell reply.
post #99 of 1689 Old 09-19-2013, 07:40 PM
Advanced Member

Ok I hope they fix it. It's sad that you seem to keep getting defective ones but most of us aren't.
post #100 of 1689 Old 09-23-2013, 01:32 AM

something like new foundation web page eek.gif

post #101 of 1689 Old 09-23-2013, 09:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

something like new foundation web page eek.gif

is it that blurry

post #102 of 1689 Old 09-23-2013, 09:32 AM

Quote:

Surely not. biggrin.gif

post #103 of 1689 Old 09-23-2013, 12:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Surely not. biggrin.gif

Ok how is it compared to the old one? Also is this in a new firmware update?

post #104 of 1689 Old 09-23-2013, 05:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Just checked folks. There is a new firmware update. I wish they would tell us what it fixes or enhancements there are in these things. Oh well I am going to reset mine to factory settings and start over with the new firmware.

I want one of my memories with no eq for music listening. Although the ares corrected below 80hz has been growing on me for music.

I will report back af the er I do this and rerun ares. I am building some diffusers for the rear of my room first.

Keep me informed of the new firmware enhancements and fixes folks. As I will be diligently working to get these diffusers done.
post #105 of 1689 Old 09-23-2013, 06:02 PM

Quote:

I just get the picture only...
post #106 of 1689 Old 09-24-2013, 02:57 AM
Advanced Member

You apparently downloaded the firmware update. I wonder what it does?
post #107 of 1689 Old 09-24-2013, 03:33 AM

Quote:

You apparently downloaded the firmware update. I wonder what it does?

No any new firmware I can find, I just find this picture only....
post #108 of 1689 Old 09-24-2013, 06:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

No any new firmware I can find, I just find this picture only....

Thats odd I checked last night and it says there is a new firmware update. I have the one dated August 21. So this is brand new.
post #109 of 1689 Old 09-24-2013, 08:03 AM

Quote:

Thats odd I checked last night and it says there is a new firmware update. I have the one dated August 21. So this is brand new.

I have try tonight but cannot update...
post #110 of 1689 Old 09-24-2013, 09:13 AM

Quote:

During the webpage 89% it shown download error....
post #111 of 1689 Old 09-24-2013, 05:32 PM
Advanced Member

Prosoft how is your comparison between the Foundation and Integra going? Haven't heard from you since you said you were going to do it.
post #112 of 1689 Old 09-29-2013, 06:37 AM
Advanced Member

I downloaded the new firmware. It went without a hitch. It now says 1.09.
post #113 of 1689 Old 10-01-2013, 06:39 AM

Quote:

I downloaded the new firmware. It went without a hitch. It now says 1.09.

I just replace a new processor. Just confirmed by the dealer, the digital input is a common bug, all foundation has this problem.

Please be-careful of the volume bar of new firmware 1.09, my center speaker was lost due to the volume bar of new webpage.

post #114 of 1689 Old 10-01-2013, 07:39 AM

Quote:

I just replace a new processor. Just confirmed by the dealer, the digital input is a common bug, all foundation has this problem.

Please be-careful of the volume bar of new firmware 1.09, my center speaker was lost due to the volume bar of new webpage.

yuppi, your post alarmed me. I am not sure I understand what you actually mean by "digital input" is a common bug...
Also, what the volume is doing wrong? Is it misleading you to increase the volume? I am not paying too much attention to bar, rather look at the numeric value of the volume. When you said you lost your center speaker, is it not producing any sound or it got damaged?
Can you please clarify for us?
Thanks!
post #115 of 1689 Old 10-01-2013, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prosoft7 View Post

yuppi, your post alarmed me. I am not sure I understand what you actually mean by "digital input" is a common bug...
Also, what the volume is doing wrong? Is it misleading you to increase the volume? I am not paying too much attention to bar, rather look at the numeric value of the volume. When you said you lost your center speaker, is it not producing any sound or it got damaged?
Can you please clarify for us?
Thanks!

The webpage is very insensitive that the new volume bar very easy to increase the volume to 138 ( full volume) to burn my center speaker tweeter within 2 second.

The common bug is the coaxial and optical Digital input signal always lost after a period ( 15 mins. to 2 hours) that you need to select another input and return to resume normal.
post #116 of 1689 Old 10-01-2013, 05:45 PM

Quote:

The webpage is very insensitive that the new volume bar very easy to increase the volume to 138 ( full volume) to burn my center speaker tweeter within 2 second.

The common bug is the coaxial and optical Digital input signal always lost after a period ( 15 mins. to 2 hours) that you need to select another input and return to resume normal.

Got it - thanks yuppi!
Truly sorry about your loss of Center channel speaker. I won't be happy if that happens to me. Sad.

Now, about the volume, I never used the bar and don't intend to do that, since bars are almost always a tricky thing to play with. I used the up/down arrow to increase/decrease volume and it works like a charm, till now.

I am still not able to connect using my new Asus 7 inch tablet I bought a couple of days back for the sole purpose of using as a Remote. Ron gave me some tips/hints. Will try today or tomorrow. Let's see how it goes...
post #117 of 1689 Old 10-02-2013, 08:24 PM
Advanced Member

Sorry about your luck yuppi.
Prosoft how did that tip work for you? Were you able to get to the Foundation from your Asus?
post #118 of 1689 Old 10-02-2013, 08:48 PM

Quote:

Sorry about your luck yuppi.
Prosoft how did that tip work for you? Were you able to get to the Foundation from your Asus?

Nop, didn't work with the one that I brought home. iPad still going strong and hitch-free.
So, I dug a little deeper and found out that the Asus model I got didn't have Bluetooth! Not sure if that caused an issue. So I returned that one and brought another tonight - about an hour back. Will try with this one.
Beside this, I am quite happy so far. Really like the sound, HDMI and signals working flawlessly, set up isn't giving me any hard time any more, since i got the hang of it by now and run the ARES quite a few times.
Now I am planning to play around with the setting and enjoy different sonic feature Krell is presenting.

Will keep you posted of any change.
Thanks!
post #119 of 1689 Old 10-03-2013, 06:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prosoft7 View Post

Nop, didn't work with the one that I brought home. iPad still going strong and hitch-free.
So, I dug a little deeper and found out that the Asus model I got didn't have Bluetooth! Not sure if that caused an issue. So I returned that one and brought another tonight - about an hour back. Will try with this one.
Beside this, I am quite happy so far. Really like the sound, HDMI and signals working flawlessly, set up isn't giving me any hard time any more, since i got the hang of it by now and run the ARES quite a few times.
Now I am planning to play around with the setting and enjoy different sonic feature Krell is presenting.

Will keep you posted of any change.
Thanks!
Cool thanks Prosoft. Definitely keep us posted.

And yuppi I think I would have a hard time keeping the Foundation with all the problems you are having. Not that they are all the Foundations fault. The cable box you have might be having a problem with the Foundation. Now the slider for volume control will be something I will stay away from thanx to you. I am truly sorry for all your bad luck with this thing.

One other thing have you checked your firmware version? If you have the new web interface you should have 1.09.
post #120 of 1689 Old 10-03-2013, 09:55 AM

Quote:

Cool thanks Prosoft. Definitely keep us posted.

And yuppi I think I would have a hard time keeping the Foundation with all the problems you are having. Not that they are all the Foundations fault. The cable box you have might be having a problem with the Foundation. Now the slider for volume control will be something I will stay away from thanx to you. I am truly sorry for all your bad luck with this thing.

One other thing have you checked your firmware version? If you have the new web interface you should have 1.09.

The digital input problem was checked by dealer before I replace the new foundation that all their display unit have same problem, also, my new foundation has same problem too. They have asked Krell and waiting for their reply too.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avp A1hdci Ultra Reference A V Network Streaming Preamplifier

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page