Originally Posted by rhale64L7
I spoke to Patrick at Krell yesterday and was told the 4k Foundation is not out yet.
You folks that are getting the upgrade are first. Then in probably September they will start shipping the 4k versions.
OK, this is absolutely bizarre!
My Authorized Dealer, AudioDave in Belmont, MA, told me that the unit Krell shipped to him, that is now in my home for audition, is DEFINITELY a 4k version. Also, I could have sworn that a few days ago there was an announcement on Krell's Home Page that the 4k units are NOW SHIPPING, but that announcement is no longer appearing.
I will follow up with Dave, who is awesome, but something very strange is going on down in CT.
And as for the Chorus and supply issues, I wish them well and hope it's a smashing success, but looks like I'll be waiting at least until next year to make sure that the supply hiccups get a addressed, that the fans are silent, and that everyone's happy with the sound/reliability.
I'm still going to buy this Foundation - I think, but jeez, I feel like we're pawns! Why the friggin' mystery? Why no clear and consistent announcements? Why no updated User's Reference? Why are we on our own in this forum stumbling around in the dark? I am now officially really angry. Not cool to be getting such conflicting information from Krell.