Sweet merciful Zues. I've spent the past two weeks reading receiver threads/reviews, attempting to educate myself, but have ultimately only been successful in thoroughly scrambling my noodle. I read articles like this
and find myself switching my choice faster than The Flash on cocaine-laced Meth. In short, I need your help.
Here's what I have:
- 5.1 in main viewing room
- 2 speakers mounted on the patio (Zone B?)
- enough HDMI ports for Cable, gaming console, and ???
- gotta have a component connection as the HDMI port on my PS3 has crapped out
Here's what I don't know if I need:
- Networking: seems cool, but my TV is "smart" (Samsung UN60F6300AFXZA) and does some of that stuff; also have smartphone (can I stream it to the receiver?)
- Airplay: Is it really that big of a deal to simply connect my iPod/iPad via USB?
- Auto Speaker Setup: Audyssey and the like sound neat, but do I need it?
I'm no audiophile and I don't have King Solomon's riches (obviously). I simply need you, dear reader, to have pity/mercy on me and make an educated recommendation that offers solid bang-for-buck based on my needs.
You have my thanks in advance.