Help! Denon 1913 or Harman Kardon 2650? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 08-11-2013, 06:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I was pretty much dead set on getting the Denon because it has a ton of features such as airplay, it's powerful enough, is 7.1 w/ 7 discreet channels, apparently has exceptional audio and video quality (audyssey), and will be easy to use. I can get it right now for 300 bucks online. Now, all of a sudden, I find a HK 2650 online for 350. I'm having trouble finding details or reviews about the 2650 so any help would be great. I know that is doesnt have airplay, uses a different automatic calibration system, has way more a/v inputs/outputs, and am pretty sure there are tons of pros and cons. I have to make up my mind today though because the sale on the HK ends tomorrow! Thank you for any help/advice/insight!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-11-2013, 08:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 390
The Denon has Audyssey MultEQ room calibration, 6 HDMI inputs, DLNA, Internet radio streaming, Pandora, Airplay, standby passthrough of HDMI. front USB to connect iPod/iPad. Can control device wirelessly with Android or iPod/iPad/iPhone

The HK has EZset EQ calibration, 5 HDMI inputs, DLNA, Internet radio, no Pandora, no Airplay, no standby passthough of HDMI. The USB port is for firmware updates only. Must buy separate Bridge iPod docking device to connect iPhone/iPod.

I think its a no brainer to get the Denon.

Yes the HK has 2 component video inputs, 2 optical, 2 digital coaxial inputs while the Denon has one of each. But will you use them?

If the majority or all of your connections are HDMI, it probably wont matter.

There are 29 reviews of the HK on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Harman-Kardon-AVR-2650-Receiver/dp/B0054N9RQQ

Afro GT
post #3 of 9 Old 08-11-2013, 08:47 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
+1 for the Denon. I have the 1912 and love it. Super easy to use, and great sound. Video looks great too.
post #4 of 9 Old 08-11-2013, 09:01 AM

Liked: 11
Don't buy a denon.

I had way to many issues with my 3313 when it had issues and need to be sent int to fix. It was only 2 months old and already broke on me. Ended up getting lost in there position. The whole time i left many of messages to denon corperate offices and never got a return of my messages. They just don't care about there customers. If you ever have any issues with your denon your going to be stuck calling them ever few days and spending hours of your time wasting away.
post #5 of 9 Old 08-11-2013, 09:23 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 390
Nobody has good customer service anymore. Look at the reviews of the HK on Amazon. They complain about the customer service too.

I own 3 Denon receivers and haven't had a problem with any of them. Own one 10 year old HK and their customer was good back then when they replaced my defective receiver with a new better featured one. Apparently that customer service is gone now.

Afro GT
post #6 of 9 Old 08-11-2013, 05:28 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks guys. I figured the Denon would be the better deal anyway. about the amazon reviews, I try to steer clear from them but i guess it couldnt have hurt to see if there were any good ones.
post #7 of 9 Old 08-12-2013, 04:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 87
As much as I like Dolby Volume, I'd have to go with the Denon in this case.
post #8 of 9 Old 08-12-2013, 05:06 AM

I did a small review here on the 1913; I tried to be as honest as I could. While it's not the last word in AV receivers, it's not a bad unit if you can get a good deal on one. Heat is a real issue - make sure it's in a well ventilated area or invest ten bucks in a USB fan that will make a huge difference.

Bottom line: I like mine for what I paid for it, but closer to MSRP I'd consider stepping up to the 2113 or 3313. IMO it is definitely better than the newer models that replaced it.
jewbacca1 likes this.
post #9 of 9 Old 09-08-2013, 06:32 AM

To me, it was easy. I tried the Denon 1913, 2313, and the 3313 on my system. The HK2600 that I now own produces a much clearer dynamic sound than the Denon. If you are looking for the number of connections, etc, go with the Denon. I recommend Harman Kardon for sound. This is my personal preference. If possible listen to them side by side, and preferably in your home.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon , Harman Kardon

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page