Finally replacing my Onkyo TX-DS989 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 08-13-2013, 09:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
After probably 11-12 years, I finally need to get a receiver that supports HDMi and the newer formats. The TX-DS989 still runs perfectly and I love it to this day. All is not lost though, as I will still be using it in my secondary home theater in my office, where I'll be moving my Laserdisc player as well. Since this receiver still has a built-in RF Demodulator, it's a perfect fit for this use, and all will be connected to a 32-inch Sony WEGA, which does such a great job with Laserdiscs to begin with.

So... I'm looking at a good receiver to put downstairs in the main room, which now houses a 50-inch Panasonic Viera 3D Plasma (which I absolutely adore btw.) I use a PS3 for Blu-Ray etc, and I also have an HD Tivo and a new Chromecast. Currently, I'm leaning toward an Onkyo TX-NR717, as it seems to have everything I want, espeially an abundance of HDMI ports, and support for 3D. The Audysee (sp?) stuff doesn't really interest me since I like to tinker, Does anyone have any alternate suggestions? One thing that I love to see is that the 717 doesn't seem to suffer from HDCP handshake issues, which is a huge annoyance to me. 4K isn't really a concern for me at this point, so that's a moot issue.

Thanks much!

It takes a big man to admit that he's wrong, I am not a big man!!

LD's- LD Collection

DVD's- DVD Collection
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo , Onkyo Brand

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page