Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-15-2013, 04:24 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 23
A while back I started a Lexicon support thread. This was after the demise of the SMR forums.

There was not much activity; it has been a long time since I have seen any new posts. Due to Lexicon's lack of new HT product development, and, the aging design of their flagship MC12, many have sold their units and moved on to newer technologies to take advantage of high-rez codecs and more advanced room correction.

Last month, after having a Lexicon pre/pro in my system for over 15 years, I sold my MC12 and purchased a new Marantz AV8801. However, I still feel the Lexicon is a great sounding unit and would be more than happy to share my knowledge whenever it is helpful.

Welcome to the forums!

David Lynch Current Equipment: Marantz AV8801, Proceed HPA3, Parasound HCA-1206, Aerial Acoustics LR5's (LCR), Aerial Acoustics LR3's (sides), RBH in-walls (rears), Seaton Submersive, Marantz VP15s1, 106" Carada BW screen, Oppo BDP-103.
post #3 of 8 Old 08-15-2013, 06:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the welcome. I'm sure I'll have many questions but the 1st is how do I incorporate the MC-12 into my IR distribution system? Is there an external sensor like the one for the Oppo 103 or will a mini mono cable from the Lex to the distribution block work?
post #4 of 8 Old 08-15-2013, 12:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlynch View Post

A while back I started a Lexicon support thread. This was after the demise of the SMR forums.

There was not much activity; it has been a long time since I have seen any new posts. Due to Lexicon's lack of new HT product development, and, the aging design of their flagship MC12, many have sold their units and moved on to newer technologies to take advantage of high-rez codecs and more advanced room correction.

Last month, after having a Lexicon pre/pro in my system for over 15 years, I sold my MC12 and purchased a new Marantz AV8801. However, I still feel the Lexicon is a great sounding unit and would be more than happy to share my knowledge whenever it is helpful.

Welcome to the forums!
I have also sold my Lexicon MC12B after some 9 years due to lack of anything new being launched by Lexicon ....my Classe SSP800 has proven that there is certainly life after Lexicon!l- if you want to experience superb audio and functionality as good as Lexicon, this is the only unit to buy .
Regretfully you bought down instead of up ....never to late ?
post #5 of 8 Old 08-15-2013, 10:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alsof1 View Post

I have also sold my Lexicon MC12B after some 9 years due to lack of anything new being launched by Lexicon ....my Classe SSP800 has proven that there is certainly life after Lexicon!l- if you want to experience superb audio and functionality as good as Lexicon, this is the only unit to buy .

For my needs, the Lex has plenty of life left. I'll give it a few more years and then see what's out there.
post #6 of 8 Old 08-16-2013, 03:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alsof1 View Post

if you want to experience superb audio and functionality as good as Lexicon, this is the only unit to buy .

No regrets here:)

David Lynch Current Equipment: Marantz AV8801, Proceed HPA3, Parasound HCA-1206, Aerial Acoustics LR5's (LCR), Aerial Acoustics LR3's (sides), RBH in-walls (rears), Seaton Submersive, Marantz VP15s1, 106" Carada BW screen, Oppo BDP-103.
post #7 of 8 Old 08-17-2013, 02:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlynch View Post

No regrets here:)
That's what it is all about ...If you are happy with what you have , that's all that counts - happy listening !
post #8 of 8 Old 08-18-2013, 01:08 PM

I have an MC12 that I use for recording and L7 logic. I have it running into the 7.1 input of my Classe SSP. I've had it repaired 3 times. Ergonomically it can't be beat. Serious listening is done through the SSP. I feel as if I have the best of both worlds!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Lexicon Mc 12hd

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page