Bizarre system behavior - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-16-2013, 07:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all, here's a situation that I can just live with, but totally perplexing. Let's start off with the acknowledgement that I have a DENON AVR 2807 that is inordinately complex. You need a EE to read the manual.

So the setup has an Apple TV device driven into an HDMI port and output to a television that effectively is just a monitor (Sony). New modification: added a Bellari headphone amp to the "zone 2" outputs (as a line out to the amp). So far, so good. Got it all working for Apple Tv to drive through the heaphones. (Another unexpected behavior: the "line out" from the zone 2 outputs is affected by the amp volume control.)

Now the bizarre behavior: When I turn the TV off, it shuts off the sound on the headphones! Right. The TV that is being driven as an output. Even when I turn the TV off with its own remote control. I suspect that it's somehow rolled into the system as a feedback, but, as this system has been put together over time, I can only speculate. I dare not pull it all apart and start over - there's a HIGH risk it would never work again.

Thanks in advance. I can live with this situation, since I listen to music through the Apple TV box and I want to see the titles anyway. But it's just too strange.

All the best,

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-16-2013, 08:56 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Some suggestions for you to look at. If you have HDMI control set to ON turn it OFF (this may be why your TV is turning off your system) If you have ARC enabled also disable it unless you are sending a broadcast sound signal from your tv to your receiver and want to listen to it through the receiver. Also look to see if your Zone 2 has a "Fixed" or "Variable" setting for its output. If it does change it to Fixed and that way the Receiver will not control the volume level but the Apple tv will.

Yamaha CX-A5000, ATI AT 2007 Amp (7X200W), ATI AT 2004 Amp (4X200W)Klipsch RF 63's - Main, RB 61's - Front heights, RC-62 - Center, RS-62's - Surround, RS-52's - Rear Surround, 2 Rythmik DS-1510 DIY Subwoofers (With PEQ600XLR3 Amp) each connected with Antimode 8033S-II, Oppo BDP-95, MMF-7.1, Project Phono Box RS, XBox 360, XBox One
post #3 of 3 Old 08-16-2013, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thank you! I'll give it a try.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page