AVS Forum banner

Newbie: Yamaha Receiver wiring question

257 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  afrogt 
#1 ·
As part of my setup I have a DVD player, Apple TV, Direct TV box

Sony Bravia HDTV with 4 HDMI inputs

Looking to purchase the Yamaha 575 receiver and Klipsch quintet speakers

should i wire all the devices into the receiver and the one cable from Receiver to the TV

or

Hook some of the devices direclty into the TV.

I thought the whole idea is to let it process through the receiver - but the consultant was recommending i run the devices directly to the tv and that will provide overall 'better; quality.

Similarly, for the internet ethernet connectivity -which is better, directly connecting apple tv via wireless network (or) via the reciever that has an ethernet port.

thanks for your time.

See less See more
#3 ·
connect everything thru your receiver for best audio. If you connect all of your devices to the TV and then run the optical audio out of the TV to the receiver you're only going to get stereo audio.

You'll get 5.1 audio running your devices directly to the receiver.
Quote:
Similarly, for the internet ethernet connectivity -which is better, directly connecting apple tv via wireless network (or) via the reciever that has an ethernet port.

not quite sure I understand this question?

Why can't you do both?

1. Connect an ethernet cable from your router to the receiver. That way you can get firmware updates, stream Pandora and listen to internet radio.

2. Connect your Apple TV wirelessly so that you can watch Netflix movies, Amazon Prime and other video.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.