Yamaha RX-A3030 vs Marantz SR-7008.. Reviews, Comparisions?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-24-2013, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm currently trying to decide which of these receivers to purchase. However, they appear to be too new to have many (if any) reviews available much less direct comparisons. Can anybody offer some advice one way or the other?

I was leaning towards the Marantz simply because I've heard so many good things about Audyssey XT32. But now I'm learning more about how this processing will down-sample the incoming signal to 48k samples/sec. So now I'm not so sure...

All I've ever owned are Pioneer Elite Receivers and I have never heard either of these receivers (nor can I since there isn't a dealer anywhere around me). All I can base my decision on is your opinions so all comments are appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-24-2013, 06:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Well the Pioneers and Yamahas have been very reliable products - more so I believe than the Denon/Marantz, not that they have major issues.
I know Marantz and possibly Yamaha but not sure are available from the guys at AVS (Craig and Mike) for really great prices and are fully authorized retailers so no warrantee issues.
Really don't think either would be a wrong purchase.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-24-2013, 07:04 PM

Liked: 22
I'd cast a vote for the Yamaha RX-A3030 only because it would be a perfect upgrade from my existing Yamaha. A fellow gets used to how a manufacturer designs a product. It makes it hard to switch. Well not really hard, but it adds an hour to the process.

At this level in the product line these receivers are about as good as they get. So don't fret over minor feature differences. When it comes down to it, it is still just a receiver, likely under powered to drive 9 or 11 channels with any degree of authority. And they seem to have a half life of about 3 years. But if it will do what you need today then you should just go for it.

As for making a decision, download the owners manual for each receiver and read it from cover to cover. These are expensive products worthy of investing a little bit of time in understanding how they work.
dmarqueset likes this.

Theatre: Sony 46" LCD panel, Sony DBP-S550 Blu-ray, Yamaha RX-V2065 receiver,

Polk Audio Monitor 70 (L&R), CS10 (centre), M10 (surrounds), dual Velodyne VDR-12 subs

CKUA Radio since 1927 from Edmonton, Alberta - Supported by Listeners

post #4 of 4 Old 08-25-2013, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Unless I'm mistaken, it appears the RX-A3030 is capable of processing 11.2 when using an external amplifier but the SR-7008 is limited to 9.2? Is this correct.

It wouldn't be an issue for me right now since I only have a 9.1 setup but I may want to expand in the future...
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Sr7008
Gear in this thread - Sr7008 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page