PIONEER VSX-1022-K / SPEAKER B (ZONE 2) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 08-25-2013, 08:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone know if there are adjustable settings for Speaker B? I have gone into Manual Speaker Settings and the only think I can find is the ability to change surround to front height, and I'm understanding that It needs to be on surround as I am using the B setting for my patio speakers. But I can not find any way to adjust volume settings, bass, treble, or anything else.

Anyone have some information they'd like to share?

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-25-2013, 10:44 AM

I cannot answer your question but I am really struggling with the speaker B option as well. I hope I am doing something wrong, because otherwise I am finding it to be incredibly limited. I also have my patio speakers on the Speaker b zone and play them while in CD mode by plugging in my Ipad. Alternatively though, I'd prefer to connect to the ipad through Airplay, however that only plays through speaker zone A.
It blows my mind that I just cannot just select the input source and then choose my output source (zone 1 or 2 or both)....or can I? Any help would greatly be appreciated.
post #3 of 6 Old 08-29-2013, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

Is there anyone else here that has had experience with the Zone B speakers? I am getting sound but no treble/bass adjustment or ability to choose large or small in the setup so I can get more bass out them. Right now I am disappointed with the sound coming from Zone B. I'm hoping someone has had success and found a way to make adjustments. Thanks
post #4 of 6 Old 08-29-2013, 05:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 390
Zone 2 is only 2 speakers so there is no need to choose large or small. Its only a stereo output. The subwoofer does not work with zone 2. Also Zone 2 generally works with analog sources, tuner, and maybe USB input for iPod/IPad, etc. HDMI, digital coax and optical audio do not work in Zone 2 except on much higher end receivers.

Most receivers do not have bass/treble controls for the second zone. As you enter the mid to high level receivers you may find bass/treble options for zone 2.

Afro GT
post #5 of 6 Old 08-29-2013, 06:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 390
Quote:
Does anyone know if there are adjustable settings for Speaker B? I have gone into Manual Speaker Settings and the only think I can find is the ability to change surround to front height, and I'm understanding that It needs to be on surround as I am using the B setting for my patio speakers. But I can not find any way to adjust volume settings, bass, treble, or anything else.
Quote:
I cannot answer your question but I am really struggling with the speaker B option as well. I hope I am doing something wrong, because otherwise I am finding it to be incredibly limited

It is very limited.

After looking thru the Pioneer 1022 product sheet and owners manual this is NOT a zone 2 receiver. There are no zones. You cannot have different audio in the main zone and zone 2 since there is no zone 2. Hence no separate volume control or bass/treble controls either.

Look at page 14 of the owners manual. It explains the speaker connections.
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Home/VSX-1022-K_OperatingInstructions062612.pdf

Page 49 you need to set your speakers to Speaker B, not Surround Back.

By the way the manual is not written very clearly.

Afro GT
post #6 of 6 Old 08-30-2013, 01:38 PM

Thank you for your help. I didn't realize Zone 2 was only for Analog Sources. That was my problem.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Vsx 1022 K 560w 7 Channel A V Receiver
Gear in this thread - 560w by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page