pioneer vsx-70 Watch cable/sat and listen to tuner or other music at same time? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 08-25-2013, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anybody know how to accomplish this - pioneer vsx-70 Watch cable/sat and listen to tuner or other music at same time? I had and Onkyo 806 and all you had to do was turn on cable first then switch to tuner or cd etc....With this model the tv/cable/sat signal goes away b/c you have turned off HDMI 2 (arc) when switching to another source.

Running the avr with Samsung 65" 7050

thanks for the help!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-26-2013, 12:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I did not pull the manual, but does the manual say you can do this? I've had avr's where you had to re-assign the audio input to get it to work right and consistent, major pita.
post #3 of 8 Old 08-26-2013, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

Not sure - it could be right in front of me but I can't seem to find it. Any help is appreciated - keeping the receiver w/out this feature is a game changer
post #4 of 8 Old 08-26-2013, 06:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogger View Post

Does anybody know how to accomplish this - pioneer vsx-70 Watch cable/sat and listen to tuner or other music at same time?

Hi cogger, curious what source will the "other music" coming from?
post #5 of 8 Old 08-26-2013, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

It should be able to come from tuner, aux, cd. Just came back from audio store (magnolia) and asked the same question. They told me none of their avr's would do that. They talked about perhaps using zone 2 and running two hdmi cables to tv. Sure that would work but my wiring is in wall and not easy. This is crazy. Doesn't anybody watch the game and listen to tunes at the same time??? Didn't know how good I had it with the onkyo tx sr 806. Any ideas????
post #6 of 8 Old 08-26-2013, 09:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogger View Post

Doesn't anybody watch the game and listen to tunes at the same time??? Didn't know how good I had it with the onkyo tx sr 806. Any ideas????

I do and my Denon can do this.

If you're not using Zone 2, you can feed the Zone 2 OUT into the SAT/CBL analog inputs which is just below Zone 2 OUT (assume you're using SAT/CBL HDMI input for the cable box). Start watching cable in the main zone, turn on Zone 2 and set it to Tuner. Then on the remote press Signal Sel on the remote to select Analog.
post #7 of 8 Old 08-26-2013, 09:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 353
Quote:
Doesn't anybody watch the game and listen to tunes at the same time??? Didn't know how good I had it with the onkyo tx sr 806. Any ideas????

All the time. What I do with my setups is connect a component video cable directly from the satellite box to the TV. Then I can use whatever input I want on the AV Receiver. of course I don't have in wall wiring to worry about.

The majority of HDMI receivers do not allow you to do this, especially with the tuner input. The feature was plentiful on the old component video receivers but not so much on HDMI receivers.

Afro GT
post #8 of 8 Old 09-05-2013, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

FYI - As an update I returned the Pioneer Elite 70 and purchased the Denon AVR-x4000 for several reasons. So with the Denon all you have to do is select the tuner, cd, etc...then once selected choose option and video source. Whamo you have music and TV.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Elite Vsx 70

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page