Receiver feature questions - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-26-2013, 09:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi. I have made a few upgrades to my system, and was looking to see if someone on here could help me out.

Before setup was a Pioneer 1021k, some cheap sony towers, an RCA center channel, and polk fxi a4 for surrounds, and a polk sub.

I recently purchased a set of rti a9's to replace the sony towers, and CSiA6 for center. I also purchased an emotiva xpa 3 to drive the front stage. I was planning on using the receiver to do the back surrounds of the 5.1

But alas, I have realized that my Pioneer 1021k does not have preamp outs!!! I wrongly assumed it would, should have done my homework.

So basically, my feature request is

• Airplay compatibility -- I love this feature on 1021. Specifically I love the feature where it automatically powers on the unit from my phone without me having to turn it on separately. I also have apple tv, so if there's a unit that can detect that somehow, that would work.
  • 2 Zones -- I have speakers outside. Also ability to toggle zone 2 off and on using iphone is important
  • Pre amp outs (the reason I'm posting)
  • Ability to watch tv and listen to airplay, or any other audio source for that matter, simultaneously (the 1021 actually does not offer this, but if I'm going to spend more money, then I would like it)
  • Other than that, just audio "quality" on a level that makes sense with the rest of the gear I have.

What are my options for something like this? I don't need a lot of power if I use the seperate amp.

Or maybe there's another, cheaper option where I don't have to replace my receiver just to get this functionality?

Thanks for your input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-27-2013, 05:15 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1809 Post(s)
Liked: 1712
The new Denon AVR-X4000 is the lowest model with a full set of pre-outs while the Marantz 5007 would be the lowest in the Marantz line, both of which would meet your feature requirements. Call me for quotes on both. smile.gif

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page