The "Official" Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A730 & RX-A830 Thread - Page 10 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #271 of 278 Unread 04-13-2015, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by emattias View Post
4. Can you show video (PS3) from 1 HDMI port and at the same time play audio(Not zone 2) from airplay/bluetooth/optical in?

7. Can you turn it on from standby in the app?
4. Sadly no. At least not on the A830 that I have. It's the only feature that I miss from my previous Denons and Marantz. I can't believe Yamaha didn't include this feature. If I knew it before I bought it, I would have never bought this receiver. I found out too late.

7. Yes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 278 Unread 04-13-2015, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 358 Post(s)
Liked: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by emattias View Post
4. Can you show video (PS3) from 1 HDMI port and at the same time play audio(Not zone 2) from airplay/bluetooth/optical in?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lulimet View Post
4. Sadly no. At least not on the A830 that I have. It's the only feature that I miss from my previous Denons and Marantz. I can't believe Yamaha didn't include this feature. If I knew it before I bought it, I would have never bought this receiver. I found out too late.

See Input Menu / Video Out ("Selects a video to be output with the audio input source"). p.80 of the 830 manual.

It's not as intuitive on the new models as it used to be, but it's still possible to combine some video and audio sources. After setting this up you select the audio source, rather than the video source.

You can also use Input Menu / Audio In (p.79) for some cases not supported by the above method.
post #273 of 278 Unread 04-13-2015, 02:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Thanks for the response. That does not work for me. I want to play video games (Xbox on HDMI 2) and be able to listen to my music stored in my NAS using the Server feature.
I choose Server and start playing the music. When I select Video Out to output the HDMI 2 video, the info screen of what's playing (Artist, album, song) overlays the video being output from the xbox. I wonder if it's a defect with my receiver because otherwise it's just plain stupid.

*update*
I figured it out. There is an option to turn off the info display. Never realized it was there. It's the little details in the Yamaha that make me mad.
Now I'm happy again

Last edited by lulimet; 04-13-2015 at 07:29 PM.
post #274 of 278 Unread 04-15-2015, 09:23 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the A730, recently updated the firmware and now it won't turn on when trying to use the app or my Control4 app interface. I have to unplug the unit to get it to respond to the apps. Anyone else having this issue?
post #275 of 278 Unread 04-22-2015, 10:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Airplay activating RX-a830 randomly

I have both a 730 and 830-I know I was playing with either the iPad or macbook pro regarding airplay and since then have had the following problem-the 830 only is being activated unintentionally by Airplay. They are all on the home network and I checked the iPad and made sure the only airplay device checked is the iPad. It must be coming from the macbook, but I don't know how to find the Airplay settings to see what's checked-any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
post #276 of 278 Unread 04-24-2015, 04:34 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I'm having a small issue with the sound processing on my A830. If I'm watching TV or NETFLIX (sony 70w850b through ARC), I can choose any of the DSP settings like Hall, or Sports, etc and it outputs fine. However when I am watching HULU through the TV app the sound output is almost inaudible in any other setting besides 7-channel stereo and 2 channel stereo. If I am watching HULU through my AppleTV, I can use any setting I want.

Any idea what is going on here?

James
post #277 of 278 Unread 04-27-2015, 05:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Can you plug in a USB hub to the 5v USB port on the A-830? I want to use the Bluetooth and Wifi adapters on my unit but there is only one port.
post #278 of 278 Unread Today, 12:38 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandvobra View Post
Can you plug in a USB hub to the 5v USB port on the A-830? I want to use the Bluetooth and Wifi adapters on my unit but there is only one port.
The USB port on the back of the Yamaha is only rated for 500mA, and it's only used for power anyway. I think you're better off using a separate power supply (any USB power adapter will do) for one of them.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Rx A830 7 2 Channel Network Aventage Home Theater Receiver , Emotiva Umc 200 7 1 Home Theater Preamp Surround Processor , Energy Rc 30 Reference Connoisseur 3 Way Tower Speakers Pair Black Ash Veneer , Energy 5 1 Take Classic Home Theater System , Yamaha Rx V867 Receiver
Gear in this thread - V867 by PriceGrabber.com