post #181 of 192 Old 07-10-2014, 06:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by winston9332 View Post
Dont know if i have a fried board or what, but cannot get component video into av1 or av2 with any component device. Strangely, i can get some input if i connect a composite output to the green video connection of the component inputs. Colors and clarity are way off, but there's clearly a picture.

I assume you have HDMI from the receiver to the TV? These models don't convert component to HDMI (except for 480i, which you noticed by connecting a composite signal). So if you need component inputs to the receiver you also need to add a component connection from receiver to TV (or just connect the video directly from source to TV).

The 1030 will do what you want, but not the 730 or 830.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 192 Old 07-26-2014, 11:18 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What music streaming service sounds best with the RX A730? Spotify supposedly is the highest quality but Rhapsody seems to produce the best sound. Any advice will be appreciated.
post #183 of 192 Old 07-31-2014, 05:59 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
RX-A830 and Direct TV HR44 HDMI Craziness

First time I've posted here. Usually, when I have a problem I come here and find out how to fix it. I am not so fortunate this time.

I've got an HR44 acting as a server. I have a theater with a JVC DLA RS49U projector fed from a Yamaha RS-A830 AV receiver where the HR44 is connected, or to be connected. All my devices are running the latest firmware. When I connect the HR44 to the Yamaha, the HR44 locks up and locks up all my mini Genies. I have to reboot the HR44 with the Yamaha disconnected. When I bypass the Yamaha and connect straight to the projector, it works great. The Yamaha claims to support pass through, but I find it strange that just connecting the HR44 to a receiver would bring it to its knees. I have component feeding a different display and it seems to be stable. I have disabled HDCP on all devices. Any ideas?
post #184 of 192 Old 08-06-2014, 06:57 PM

Help needed for 2 issues

Hi

A lot of information on this forum but couldnt find what i was looking for.

First i have some issues having good suround sound. I follow all your advices to improve the sound and it worked but still couldnt feel the sound from the back speakers when watching tv. I tested the output in the manual sound setup and they work. Any settings i missed?

Second issues is the second zone. All work as i want except for the base that its missing on the speakers. Any setting needed to remove the 80hz cutoff?

Thanks

Philippe
post #185 of 192 Old 08-06-2014, 08:36 PM

A730 switches input shortly after powering on

Hello all. New to the forums. Picked up an A730 and having an issue with it auto switching inputs after turning everything on. Not sure if it's a receiver issue or TV setting but can't figure it out. Any help greatly appreciated.

TV (arc input) connected via hdmi to receiver. TV is samsung plasma F5500. Arc activates on tv to allow audio to switch over when using smart tv features or apps. All work fine and switches back to cable audio once I leave a smat tv or app.

However when initially tuning on the system, cable box, tv and receiver turn on, cable video and audio turn on, but after 4-8seconds the receiver changes to the AV4 input which is configured as the TV input and I loose audio but cable video remains.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
post #186 of 192 Old 08-07-2014, 06:00 AM
AVS Special Member

^ Turn off ARC and HDMI control. Run an optical cable from TV to receiver and use that instead of ARC. It's the only way you get to make the system do what you want instead of it doing what it wants. Then use a universal remote if you want a single button press to turn everything on.
post #187 of 192 Old 08-07-2014, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post
^ Turn off ARC and HDMI control. Run an optical cable from TV to receiver and use that instead of ARC. It's the only way you get to make the system do what you want instead of it doing what it wants. Then use a universal remote if you want a single button press to turn everything on.
Was afraid that was the only option. Hoping there was a config setting I could try. Wires in wall and pulling an optical cable through now is almost impossible. Wish the ARC was a bit smarter as it works perfect except for the initial powering up.
post #188 of 192 Old 08-08-2014, 05:16 AM
AVS Special Member

^ Maybe there is a better option, but it comes up all the time and I don't remember seeing one (and I don't have an ARC capable TV so I can't try it myself).

The strange things is that Yamaha seem convinced it's working as intended, because they haven't changed the behaviour for several generations, and there's even an FAQ entry that states "By default AV4 is setup as your ARC input". So they expect it to switch to AV4.

Maybe the order in which you turn things on can make a difference?
post #189 of 192 Old 08-15-2014, 05:38 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Disregard

Last edited by SLIDEx; 08-15-2014 at 10:28 PM.
post #190 of 192 Old 08-19-2014, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Hello All,

Wife just upgraded her cell phone so now I use her HTC DNA for internet Jazz with my A830. The Beats audio thing sounds great playing via Bluetooth. No jazz stations in the Philly area. I use to use the iPad via Airplay. The Yamaha A830 is a beast! With the Energy RC-30's
post #191 of 192 Old 09-02-2014, 01:08 PM

AV 830 iPAD Controller

have av830 and controller on my ipad -- set up Rhapsody and internet radio book marks -- in general it works fine but periodically it drops the connection to the device -- sor to f llocks up -- and then comes back.

i have comcast wifi -- and they set everything to channel 11 for better apple connection -- so is there any other setting on av830 or apple or comcast i can use to maintain connection?
post #192 of 192 Old 09-02-2014, 01:12 PM

av 830 zone 2

does anyone know how to pas my inbound HDMI 1 signal tha tgoes into unit for cable -- then uses hdmi out to my tv.

i use smart tv which can access amazon cloud -- sooo id like to be able to send the sound as outpout ot a source i can pick for zone 2 -- so i was thinking the rca audio out from hdmi 1 to audio one input -- and then select audio 1 on zone 2 -- and have same sound playing on both zones...

this owudl be helpful when what i am listieing to on tv (football ie cable, cable music, smart tv apps like amazon cloud) needs to be on zone 2 -- and then use party mode to have it in synch.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Rx A830 7 2 Channel Network Aventage Home Theater Receiver , Emotiva Umc 200 7 1 Home Theater Preamp Surround Processor , Energy Rc 30 Reference Connoisseur 3 Way Tower Speakers Pair Black Ash Veneer , Energy 5 1 Take Classic Home Theater System , Yamaha Rx V867 Receiver
Gear in this thread - V867 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page