Since you're only using it as a video switcher do the following steps.
Look on pg 36 of your manual. If you don't have one you can download it here.
Follow the pictures on this page
1. Hit Receiver button on the remote
2. select the audio parameter button
3. toggle down until you get to HDMI
4. Change the setting to THRU, its probably on AMP right now.
When THRU is selected no sound is output by the receiver. Sound will be output to the TV.
Then go to page 52 and set CONTROL to OFF and ARC to OFF since you're not using those functions anyway.
Try a different speaker in the center position. If that one doesn't buzz your other speaker is probably bad.
Unless your TV has ARC then you will not be able to get sound from your TV to your receiver via HDMI. If your TV does support ARC, you have to make sure you are plugging into the HDMI port that has that feature. Not all TVs support ARC and when they do, usually only one of the HDMI ports have it. If your TV does not support ARC then you will need to use either the digital out or RCA out to connect to your receiver.
So you are saying I can use RCA's (blue/green/red) or I can use an optical cable from my receiver to my TV plus the other cable that goes with the optical one? and I should have sound from my TV through my receiver?
Blue, Green, Red are component RCA cables used to pass video. Does your receiver not support HDMI? Not sure what you mean by "the other cable that goes with the optical one". Here are your options:
1. If both your receiver and your TV support ARC, all you will need is a single HDMI cable and configure both devices to pass the audio back to the receiver. Note: This will only pass 2CH audio.
2. If either your receiver or your TV does not support ARC, but is connected via HDMI then you will need to pass audio via a second cable. You will have to use whatever cable type your TV supports. It will either be optical, digital coax or composite (red and white RCA) cables. In rare occasions I have seen TVs with 1/8" stereo jacks. In this case you will need a 1/8" to RCA adapter to connect to your receiver. For the optical and digital coax you may possibly get 5.1 channel output if your TV supports it. If not, it will be like the composite and stereo outputs. You will only get 2CH audio.
3. If you are connecting your receiver to your TV via any other connection other than HDMI then you will looking at the same audio connections as #2.
Ive been trying to find an applicable thread and this seems to be the best...
Can anyone suggest why I cannot get audio to a second TV using HDMI? The TV receives good quality video. I'm using a 100ft HDMI cable but would have thought if there was a signal strength issue, the video would have been more suscesptable to loss? I've tried running the cable into a second receiver but I have video signal issues, so presently it runs straight into the HDMI port on the TV.
The main system works fine, though I am using system speakers for TV audio. The main TV uses HDMI 1 (control) and the second TV is using the OUT 2 HDMI
I have a SC-LX85 (which I think is equivalent to the US model SC77, asst a glance it has similar specs )
any suggestions welcome...
Then, the other day, the Audio stopped working for HDMI. I've read thru the manual, and tried several things, to no avail.
Symptoms / Troubleshooting:
* I have 3 HDMI sources hooked up to the receiver, A DirecTV satellite receiver box, a Home Theater PC, and a standalone Blu-Ray player.
* I have 1 normal output, a Viewsonic PJD7820HD Projector. But I also tried a Vizio LCD TV.
* Video works for all 3 sources. I get no sound for any of the 3 video sources. Sound plays fine for the FM Tuner, Internet Radio, and Pandora.
* My guess was ARC - Audio Return Channel. Went into the Receiver Setup -> System Setup -> HDMI - ARC and made sure it was turned on (it was).
* Turned up the volume on the projector, it's normally turned all the way down. No sound from the projector.
* Went into the Receiver setup, and turned ARC off. Still no sound from the projector.
* At this point wasn't sure if might be the ARC in the Receiver or the Projector, so I hooked up Vizio TV instead. No sound from the TV.
* Went into the Receiver setup, turned ARC back on, and left setup. Still no sound.
* Hooked the Satellite receiver directly to the TV. Have Sound!
* Tried going thru the Pioneer again, no sound with or without ARC turned on/off.
* Hooked the Home Theater PC directly up to the projector. Have Sound! (Well, crappy sound from the Projector's little speaker)
* Routed thru the Pioneer again, still can't get sound.
* Went to Audio Parameters -> HDMI and changed setting from AMP to THROUGH. Now the sound works on the TV/Projector, but still not from the Pioneer receiver.
* Tried the TV on Output #2 , but
After reading much of the Pioneer manual 2 or 3 times, I don't see anything else other than the ARC setting that should cause this problem. Is there something else I should check?
Yes, I could hook up the Satellite receiver, HTPC, and/or Blu-Ray with optical or coax digital cables, but I have 3 devices and only 2 digital sound inputs.
Plus, I shouldn't have to do that, and the Pioneer receiver is only two months old. Using ARC is so much simpler and convenient.
Plus, it was working, and suddenly stopped working.
The receiver is all digital, so it seems weird that just this one thing is not working, which makes me suspect it might just be a setting somewhere got accidentally changed. (Digital stuff generally tends to work completely, or not work at all.)
Anyone have any ideas?
Looked up Reset in the PDF manual, and went thru that procedure, and my sound came back!
Still though, anyone have any idea what setting may have been screwed up? I tried every setting I even remotely thought might affect it.
I don't find anything in my manual about resetting a processor, how is that done? I don't expect my luck to hold out.
|Pioneer Vsx 1022 K 560w 7 Channel A V Receiver , Pioneer Vsx 1022 K 7 1 Channel A V Receiver With Ab Video Scaler For Ipad R Iphone R Ipod R|
- AFG Baby Furniture Athena Molly Combo Dresser -Rating: 0.00
414 ReviewsMore on Athena Molly Combo Dresser -Price: $299.99Supermicro SUPERMICO PWS-563-1H-20 1U 560WRating: 0.00
531 ReviewsMore on SUPERMICO PWS-563-1H-20 1U 560WPrice: $126.33Supermicro PWS-561-1H ATX12V & EPS12VRating: 0.00
531 ReviewsMore on PWS-561-1H ATX12V & EPS12VPrice: $134.05