Pioneer 1022k HDMI issues with Radeon 7950 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-30-2013, 10:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm completely stumped.
For a few months I had been running a Nvidia 560ti -> Pioneer 1022k -> Panasonic VIERA TC-L55E50 via HDMI with no issues. Video and sound worked great.
The Nvidia card was replaced with a Sapphire Radeon 7950 (a newer video card). Right away I ran into an issue with the HDMI output. I received full 7.1 sound via the HDMI, but the video signal was just a bar of static (see photo).

The kicker of the whole debacle is that if I continuously re-engage the HDMI ouput from the Video settings, I will actually get a normal signal once out of every 10-20 attempts. If the PC goes into sleep mode, I lose the signal and return to the bars of static.

After trying everything I could (new HDMI cables, driversweep, old drivers, new drivers, etc) I decided the card was faulty and sent it back. Replacement card arrived and I experienced the exact same problem.
I tried to bypass the Pioneer1022 and go directly into the HDTV (Radeon 7950 -> Panasonic VIERA TC-L55E50) and this actually worked fine. Video signal was normal (of course, no 7.1 audio).
This leads me to believe there is a problem with the Pioneer receiver. After more exploring, I found every HDMI device I own worked perfectly fine in the receiver, which made me rethink everything.

I am now at a total loss. Has anyone experienced anything like this? I've heard about perhaps a handshake issue, but the fact that I can getting a working signal after 10+ attempts makes me think it's something else.

If anyone has a clue of what could be wrong, I would be grateful. This HTPC is no longer a HTPC and AMD/Sapphire doesn't seem to offer any help.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-08-2014, 12:13 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 66
The pioneer receivers from that generation were known to have HDMI handshake issues. I had the exact problem with my htpc and a 1222k. I returned it.

I would try a longer HDMI cable (greater than 10 feet) and see if it helps. If not swap the video card to something else. Looks like your nvidia worked so maybe another one of those. Or another generation radeon with different chipset.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-25-2014, 09:53 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,
I'm new to this forum, but found it on google. I am having the same problem with a pioneer vsx-42. I have tried a hd 6450 and a 7750 with the same results. I have uninstalled the drivers, tried different versions. I am now using the on board video with hdmi. Have you had any success with the longer cable? I have noticed if the ati drivers are not installed, the display does work. The audio doesn't because the drivers are required. It's very frustrating because I get a 10 - 30 % success rate. If I turn off or change input on the pioneer amplifier, I lose the signal and get the same static display. I have ordered an nvidia card hoping I will have better results. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Dominic
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Vsx 1022 K 560w 7 Channel A V Receiver , Pioneer Vsx 1022 K 7 1 Channel A V Receiver With Ab Video Scaler For Ipad R Iphone R Ipod R , Pioneer
Gear in this thread - 560w by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page