HDMI over cat6 extenders - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-03-2013, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 49
I am finishing my basement and I had planned on using a few wall plat hdmi over cat6 exters in a few locations. But I am a little concerened as I read one review saying they won't work with an AV receiver. I plan to have a nice projector on the back wall of my media room. I had planned on using this hdmi over cat 6 (from monoprice) to connect the hdmi signal from the back wall projector to the av receiver wich will be on the opposite wall nearer to the screen. Has anyone had any experience with this type of setup? I do currently use this type of thing minus the av receiver in my home and it works great. I have a media server with all my movies located in my basement. I connected my living room tv to it via these hdmi over ethernet all plates and I can stream full 1080p with no issues. My fear is wireing this up in my media room only to find out that it will not work with an AV receiver until it's too late. I'm not sure if I will have my receiver before I drywall or not.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-03-2013, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Or am I just better off for this one run to go with a long hdmi cable? I don't think the run would be more then 30 feet.
post #3 of 5 Old 09-03-2013, 02:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 221

I don't see how using a receiver would come into play however if given the chance I'd run a (nice) HDMI cable as you couldn't go wrong... as in regretting it later. A lot of projectors offer network control... so running the cat 6 as well might came in handy.

post #4 of 5 Old 09-03-2013, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Thanks for the reply. I may just go with a good hdmi cable for this one run. And yes I'll be putting network in as well. I have in my home run a 50 port patch pannel and 50 port 10/100/1000 switch that feeds my whole house. Hopefully I'll be able to get a receiver before I drywall so I can do some testing. I think I can borrow a projector that has an hdmi out from my work so I could possibly test it out. But it may just be better to go with an actual hdmi cable so I'm not sorry later and be done.
post #5 of 5 Old 09-10-2013, 05:26 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am using a monoprice hdmi to single cat 6 system to power a receiver/tv in another room (100' cable length?). Works flawlessly. I was expecting some signal degradation/quality loss--but I have seen none. Feeds the full HDMI signal to an AV receiver and then the TV.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
New Steren Cat 6 Coupler Adapter Kv7180

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page